Ronda Rousey 'surprised' how happy she's been being away from fighting

fightfan62

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If you were in the camp hoping to see Ronda Rousey take an extended leave after her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, you might get your wish.

Rousey's only been a pro since 2011 but was one of the most active UFC champions as she became the mainstream face of MMA. Her look, dominance and attitude made her the sport's biggest star in short time and it may have finally caught up with her.

"MMA? Yea, they've been making me go non-stop," Rousey told MMA Junkie. "I mean, my first year I fought six times. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends for a long time. In Judo, I took a good period of time off after the Beijing Olympics and I feel like I'm bodily and mentally in a similar space where it's just what I need right now."

That post-Olympic break in 2008 is what Rousey has referred to as a time she didn't think she "could get any lower."

A total 180 from a life of strict discipline, Rousey has said she spent those next two years "partying," smoking, drinking and developing a Vicodin habit. But it was also during that time she discovered MMA and fell back in love with competition.

"It's been surprising to me how happy I've been being away from [fighting]," said Rousey. "I'm being purposefully mysterious right now because I think people have taken my availability for granted, and I've kind of just wanted to disappear."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...r-mcgregor-donald-cerrone-mma-news/in/2530418

Looks like Ronda's judo coach might have been right when he said she wouldn't come back.

It really doesn't matter if she doesn't come back. Holm beat her so convincingly I don't think the fight warrants a rematch. From business terms it would. It seems like Ronda has lost the plot though.

Last edited:
Hey Ronda...

tumblr_n37vl8xvwu1su7sauo1_500.gif

Already planning her exit I see

That's what everybody says after getting knocked out

Funny how it humbles people

Ronda doesn't deserve to be head kicked again, head kicks aren't for DNB's!

I tweeted the night of the fight I can show you the date of the tweet I said with her being established she will and should retire because if she comes back it would be an ego fight she don't give a shit about that belt and an ego fight is not the mentality she needs she will end up on the floor again. Proving people wrong well look at the people criticizing her they are hidden away behind a keyboard, what on gods green earth does she need to prove to them. Take your health and go live the good life with a gig or two here and there but no waking up and going to spar and shit which is no fun regardless of the ones who say they love it. After the way everybody was so piled up on Ronda's bandwagon then turned on her like that like the pathetic casual clingers they are I would have to assume she has a mental illness to come back to this 2 faced back stabbing circle jerk.

Getting headkick KO'd is a helluva drug.

She seems awfully hot and cold / ADD ish. It kind of seems like she has high highs and low lows and that she gets sick of things really quickly.

Well I hope she stays happy forever.

I tweeted the night of the fight I can show you the date of the tweet I said with her being established she will and should retire because if she comes back it would be an ego fight she don't give a shit about that belt and an ego fight is not the mentality she needs she will end up on the floor again. Proving people wrong well look at the people criticizing her they are hidden away behind a keyboard, what on gods green earth does she need to prove to them. Take your health and go live the good life with a gig or two here and there but no waking up and going to spar and shit which is no fun regardless of the ones who say they love it. After the way everybody was so piled up on Ronda's bandwagon then turned on her like that like the pathetic casual clingers they are I would have to assume she has a mental illness to come back to this 2 faced back stabbing circle jerk.

Huh? Go easy man, Rondas the type of person who quits when things get hard. It's not anyone's fault. It's in her nature. Who are these "back stabbers" you seem so fixated on? News flash, it's not their fault either.

Huh? Go easy man, Rondas the type of person who quits when things get hard. It's not anyone's fault. It's in her nature. Who are these "back stabbers" you seem so fixated on? News flash, it's not their fault either.
Ronda "Ragequit" Rousey

It really doesn't matter if she doesn't come back. Holm beat her so convincingly I don't think the fight warrants a rematch. From business terms it would. It seems like Ronda is has lost the plot though.
I agree holm outgrappling Ronda was the nail in the coffin. Holm is better all around.

Holmes was hungry in her fight with Ronda. By the time Holmes landed the kick heard around the world, Holmes was starving. Ronda finally found herself in a situation she couldn't bully her way out of.

Back