Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor?

NumeroUno

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who is doing more for the sport ? Say what you want about Rousey's competition but I mean for the sport in general. McGregor has a whole country behind him and Rousey is a household name.

I would say McGregor based on what I want from the sport. Ronda is great in her dominance, but she has already beaten the #1 contender twice, in the same fashion. If the Cyborg fight doesn't materialize there isn't much to sell on the women's 135 division.

I'd definitely rather do it with Rousey. Next question?

Ronda. Conor has a lot more to prove at this point. Very good fighter, nonetheless. I'm not certain the WWE schtick is a positive thing if you consider MMA a true sport.

You can't host a fighting irishman on The View. Edge Ronda

Conor. He's the bigger PPV draw and currently the biggest in the UFC at this time. Ronda's more popular around the world though, at least at the moment.

Ronda by a landslide. My 53 year old mother knows who Ronda is, and she could care less about mma and probably couldn't name a single other fighter.

Rousey

MMA may just become mainstream because of this female.

Ronda by a landslide. My 53 year old mother knows who Ronda is, and she could care less about mma and probably couldn't name a single other fighter.

My 83 year old grandfather knows who Ronda Rousey is. I'm not even a fan of Ronda, but he knows about her and we talked about her the other day. What Conor is doing now though is taking a prelim division and making it big, main event big. That's never been done before. He's headlining cards over champions that are in higher weight classes (Lawler vs. McDonald), breaking live gate records, doing high PPV numbers basically all by himself from his promotional efforts, doing record breaking weigh-in attendance numbers, FOX numbers and so on.

Rousey is popular for being a bad ass female in the UFC but also for some Hollywood movie stuff. Conor has done all of his work fighting and backing all of that talk up.

2A6E4E5000000578-0-image-a-3_1436603886586.jpg

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

He's headlining cards over champions that are in higher weight classes (Lawler vs. McDonald), breaking live gate records, doing high PPV numbers basically all by himself from his promotional efforts, doing record breaking weigh-in attendance numbers, FOX numbers and so on.

Nobody outside of the sport or Oirland (notorious - pardon the pun - for being shameless bandwagon jumpers) gave two shits or even knew about McCringer until Zuffa spent months & millions of dollars into promoting him.

why is sherdog always comparing them? be grateful mma has two legit superstars and enjoy the ride. MMA is thiiiiiiiiiiiis close to being a C-level sport finally, all thanks to these two.

Conor bring in money, Rousey has made a weight class actually 2 weight classes. No Ronda there would be no Miesha, Cat, Joannna, Paige, Rose, Julianna etc. Conor brings cash, Ronda brings cash, more media and made two weight classes

Rousey

MMA may just become mainstream because of this female.

She's also been in the ufc for far longer than conor has. Far longer. If conor wanted to do bit parts, with 2 words with horrible acting, i'm sure he could do that as well. People make out of her roles in expendables or fast and furious. she was literally in them for a total of maybe 10 seconds. a fight scene, but only 2 or 3 words being spoken. She's a terrible actor.

Back