Ronda Rousey is the Michael Jordan of WMMA

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you take Ronda out of the equation you have a very competitive division with Tate, Zingano, Holms, McMann etc...

Did you see the fight with Tate vs Zingano?!! That was a great fight with a great finish, great entertainment.

Or the McMann vs Tate fight were McMann broke Tate's orbital bone?!

People would be applauding theses girls more if Ronda wasn't as good as she was.

Ronda is just a once in a generation talent. Look at Michael Jordan, dude won 6 NBA Championships with his Bulls Teams having records of 72-10 and 69-13. Think about that 72-10!!! Does that mean the Charles Barkley's, Reggie Millers, Patrick Ewings, Karl Malones, Clyde Drexlers of the world sucked?!

No it means Jordan was just a level above everyone. Ronda is the Michael Jordan of WMMA
[Edit] [Reply] [!!]

Michael Jordan respects the jump shot of Ronda Rousey.

She's the stand out star of a well established sport that has had millions of competitors in the talent pool?

Michael Jordan wasn't really that dominating. He played in the NBA in a time when big stars could cheat

Who is the Magic Johnson of WMMA? The Bill Russle? The Wilt Chamerlain? The Larry Bird? The Dr J? Pistol Pete? Bob Cousy?

What Ronda is, and always has been, is the Royce Gracie that refuses to fight Sakuraba. The only difference is, millions of fans are so brainwashed by the Zuffa marketing machine that they feel Sakuraba is irrelevant and undeserving. It is crazy that she fights Bethe, the biggest underdog in the history of the UFC, beats her, and owing to the power of social media and people's stupidity, this fraudulent/rigged victory is treated like something special.

Imagine how up in arms the fans would be if Conor repeatedly fought Brimage, Siver and Andy Wang? That is even a bad comparison because those three fighters are actually lifelong martial artists/trained fighters not women who took up MMA classes to lose weight. What's next, UFC starting a dog fighting league where the UFC fight's a pitbull against Chihuahuas? People giving their vote of approval for these deplorable actions are saying it's OK for the UFC to rig events and that the UFC is no longer a place where the best fight the best.

Bethe is the Manute Bol of MMA. Great at blocking shots with her face.

No. Jordan actually had good competition.

Ronda has had weak competition. She's essentially the Royce of WMMA. Successful before that talent pool was developed.

If you take Ronda out of the equation you have a very competitive division with Tate, Zingano, Holms, McMann etc...

Did you see the fight with Tate vs Zingano?!! That was a great fight with a great finish, great entertainment.

Or the McMann vs Tate fight were McMann broke Tate's orbital bone?!

People would be applauding theses girls more if Ronda wasn't as good as she was.

Ronda is just a once in a generation talent. Look at Michael Jordan, dude won 6 NBA Championships with his Bulls Teams having records of 72-10 and 69-13. Think about that 72-10!!! Does that mean the Charles Barkley's, Reggie Millers, Patrick Ewings, Karl Malones, Clyde Drexlers of the world sucked?!

No it means Jordan was just a level above everyone. Ronda is the Michael Jordan of WMMA
[Edit] [Reply] [!!]
Michael Jordan had competition.

adam-morrison-yawn.gif

Funnily enough, there was a discussion on the second to last JRE with Kirik et al about this very subject. Conclusion? Not.

Ronda beating Zingano, Tate 2x, McMann are more impressive than Tito defending his LHW title against Yuki Kondo, Elvis Sinosic and a washed up Ken Shamrock and Vladmir

Deal with it

She's closer to being the Wilt Chamberlain of WMMA. In terms of talent of competition.

Nah shes better than Jordan. Shes the best athlete ever.No male or female in any sport past or present even comes close. I even rate her above many historic icons in terms of her influence and effect on mankind.Sometimes I'm reduced to tears just thinking about how lucky i am to be able to witness such greatness.

Maybe more like the George Mikan. A great player in an era where there was only one great player.

Nah shes better than Jordan. Shes the best athlete ever.No male or female in any sport past or present even comes close. I even rate her above many historic icons in terms of her influence and effect on mankind.Sometimes I'm reduced to tears just thinking about how lucky i am to be able to witness such greatness.

I get so emotional when people talk about her I void my bowls.

Back