Ronda Rousey Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened To This Sport

If the sight of blood makes you squeamish, you never should have gotten involved with watching people who fight in a cage for a living. BTW, I never mentioned blood or gore. You made that up and put in a context where it appears blood and gore offend you. I'm not a child either. I bought UFC 2 when it originally aired so do the math.

Regarding knowledge, I stated that the hardcore fans know more about the spirt than the other fans. You're twisting my words around and outright making up things that you claim I posted in order to try to appear clever but it only makes you dishonest, or more to the point, a liar.

Try to appear clever??? To be honest I am not clever or smart at all, but I recognize ignorance when I see it, haha...

She's marketing obesity to children. It's disgusting.

Seriously, I want little children to be anorexic and bulimic. Hey, Missy, you best puke that Gogurt the fuck up. It will still look and taste the same.

So, being a blood and gore loving fanboy equal knowlegde now? Generally speaking; hardcore fightfans are seldom among the sharpest knives in the drawer...

If you stab in the eye then sharpness is not a factor.

She's the best thing that ever happened to this sport. But I think her rise and fall are equally as important. There's no way the hype that we were experiencing around the Bethe fight and up to the Holly fight was good for the sport. It was borderline insane/hysterical.

She is like MMA's Scarface (oh, and that ties into your username)
l8USTV.gif

Because of her alot of new people started watching the UFC. Little girls admired her and started training MMA.

She launched her way right into middle American mainstream popularity.

I'm not sure she is best thing ever, but she grew the sport. And that's a fact.

No doubt someone who can draw as many haters as lovers will.always outsell someone firmly on either end. I just yearn for a world where positivity conquers all. Mostly cause I've been drinking.
I hear you there on both accounts. Booze and positivity.

she is the Nintendo Wii of the MMA world. She was extremely popular and struck a chord with the casual fans then suddenly became irrelevant when they lost interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
MMA is better off without people like Raunchy Ronda Rottoncrotch.

You make a good point but 90% of people won't read that, and 99% of those people hate Ronda.

I wish a gal with a better attitude could've done it instead.
I agree, Miesha is not perfect but would have been better suited for the role. Or Kedzie, or Carano.

That being said, UFC promotes too much a few selected fighters , the fans feel that and hit back.
The 4 selected were :
- Sage
- Paige
- Conor
- Ronda

The n°1 criteria was that they were good looking/big mouthed, perfect for TV appearances.

The fans hit back by hating them.

What's with all the Ronda threads lately? Am I the only one that's happy she is gone?

bruce lee is the best thing that happend to the sport, he invented alot of the stuff and he is still rememberd as one of the if not the best fighter to have ever lived

I don't give one single flying fuck if mma is mainstream. I don't care if super casual fans watch it. And I blame Ronda for the fact the every 3rd fight on a card is now basically a smoke break. Booooooo, Ronda. Worst thing that ever happened by a country mile.

Back