Ronda Rousey is officially more popular than Conor McGregor

There's not comparison

Ronda has broken way deep into the mainstream compared to most other fighters in the history of the ufc

Connor's fanbase is still very much within the MMA community and only starting to expand outside of it.

Was she ever less popular than that guy ?.

not a chance.

but there are a lot of sheep out there who will swallow anything they are fed or that they want to believe.

Honda is more mainstream for sure. My dad called me about her. ESPN talked about the fight on Around the Horn and PTI and a bunch of other shows.

so you don't think the logic is in any way wrong? search the word earthquake after an earthquake and in that hour it will be more popular than obama. she just fought.

I'm struggling to see your point. This graphic doesn't display what happened in an hour's time. It shows what happened historically and Ronda's spike, unlike McGreggors, transcended the UFC's. Further, both the UFC and the Ronda term dwarf the previous spike of when Conor fought. In terms of general interest, if not fight-fan interest, Ronda seems to be the much more popular of the two.

Not saying I don't think she's more popular, but what is the time span on this chart?...

Read the graph, it's on there. The time span includes Conor's fight and the days prior as well as the intermittent time between then and now.

It's purely sexual reasons, just latent guys who have a hard on for really manly women beating the shit out of each other. They probably fantasize about being dominated by her.

Difficult to flap over conor so yeah wonda by default

so you don't think the logic is in any way wrong? search the word earthquake after an earthquake and in that hour it will be more popular than obama. she just fought.

It is showing July, 2015. Conor fought July 11 last I checked...too....uhhh lets say lazy? To even look at the picture, just blind Conor nuthugging. Gotta love these boards!

I'm struggling to see your point. This graphic doesn't display what happened in an hour's time. It shows what happened historically and Ronda's spike, unlike McGreggors, transcended the UFC's. Further, both the UFC and the Ronda term dwarf the previous spike of when Conor fought. In terms of general interest, if not fight-fan interest, Ronda seems to be the much more popular of the two.

you do understand conor fought on July 11 which is on that graph?

He fought less than a month ago

Is that Eminem in your avatar? It makes sense because you sound like youre on a lot of pills.

I see your point about his logic, but his conclusion is correct. Rousey is a househusband name; McGregor is the hottest fighter in a niche market. In terms of popularity, it is not even close between the two. In terms of drawing power, it is much closer, and McGregor may have the edge.

It also shows the trend when Conor fought. I thought that graph was easy to understand...

fuck, all you guys are right. i made a mistake. i wondered why the hell is my post quoted 5 times. i went back to the graph and realized that the yellow line is NOT Conor, like i thought initially.TS's point stands.

i leave this thread in shame.

ConeofShame.gif

PPV buys > google search interest

According to Dana White, UFC 191 sold way more than UFC 190...also, they spend and hyped UFC 190 more than any other card, whereas UFC 191 they just stacked it and added Ronda. Funny how people select to ignore the facts. And how people read stuff in a way that fits their own agenda.

fuck, all you guys are right. i made a mistake. i wondered why the hell is my post quoted 5 times. i went back to the graph and realized that the yellow line is NOT Conor, like i thought initially.TS's point stands.

i leave this thread in shame.

ConeofShame.gif

cb57b5db74208300d9e5d82d8e3e858e.jpg

Yeah, I'm confused that this was ever disputed

I think most people knew it it wasn't. But lots of people take Dana White and Joe Rogaine and Ariel Helwani as something other than propaganda. These guys tried to sell some shit that Conor is this other-wordly fighter that is the greatest fighter, talker, and draw. It doesn't take a genius to see that he is not any of these things and he is super over hyped. People are always going to dispute. Some people believe exactly what they are told.

Pretty sure she has been more popular...

Err, this^ Conor hasn't even begun to approach the same level as Ronda. When he starts doing talk shows, movies, and being featured on magazine covers then we can revisit this discussion.

Oh and .. Hey Homie :icon_chee

She is probably the most well known mma fighter now in terms of being heard of. I hear random women talking about her last fight.

she was always more popular.

but who knows, give it time. mcgregor might surpass ronda.

Back