Ronda Rousey Humble/Nice in old Never Seen Video

She actually ducked Cyborg by dropping to 135. But Cyborg failed her drug test shortly after and was suspended for a year. Ronda's now the biggest female MMA fighter and Cyborg managed by Tito. So I'd say Ronda won in the end.

cris has had two mma fights and won the invicta title and a kickboxing match, with another kicboxing title fight on the way. She loves to compete, so from her point of view, being active is a win.

This was the attitude Rousey was known for in the Judo community and was celebrated for. She was a great example of someone who can be the most determined, grittiest competitor on the mat and the most likable, civil person off the mat. And her mother clearly took immense pride in it.

It is sometimes disheartening to watch because her image changed as she struggled to support herself in any way, shape or form after her bronze medal, and getting into MMA and taking on the Diaz Bros' personal was clearly in many respects a necessity for her to draw the attention she needed to earn a decent living doing MA. A fair number of elite MAtists face similar dilemmas.

C'mon, she's not even a ''bitch'' in real life. Wake up, it's an act. She's promoting her damn fight.

This true, although being an asshole facetiously doesn't really make you likeable unless you have the charisma for it(see: Chael).

This.

The only opponent she's disrespected is Tate and that was to get a title shot before the already scheduled Sarah Kaufman....it worked.
She wasn't even disrespectful to Tate. Tate called her out on Twitter. Rousey replied that she thought she needed a few fights before a title shot, but because Tate had called out on Twitter, that maybe she would drop down.

“I’ve only been doing MMA for one year and I’ve had six fights in 12 months. I would like to have five or six more professional fights before I went for a title. Miesha Tate did kinda call me out on Twitter, so I’m considering getting some extra fights down at 135 and slapping that title out of her hands, first and then grabbing the other one second and hopefully unifying the two divisions.”

Then at her next fight she asked Strikeforce for the next shot at the title and that she swore she'd put on a good show.

Tate then went full retard and started saying shit like:

"she has yet to face anybody that has so much as tested her, let alone come close to disfiguring her face and beating her. She's been carefully matched, she's been pampered and she's been protected."

"She just hasn't fought the caliber of opponents to even be considered next in line. She hasn't earned this fight, but she's got it and I'm going to have to go out there and show her why she should be at the back of the line. She definitely doesn't deserve where she's at right now and I'm not going to stand for it."

"Ronda comes across as a spoiled, self-entitled rich kid that has had all the opportunities handed to her."

"I don't think that she's a fighter."

Rousey promoted that fight by getting into a war of words that Miesha Tate started. But she didn't ask for the fight in a disrespectful manner. She just did it by being outlandish and outspoken and asking for it.

Skip to 1:05 since the forum won't let me embed the time.

She wasn't even disrespectful to Tate. Tate called her out on Twitter. Rousey replied that she thought she needed a few fights before a title shot, but because Tate had called out on Twitter, that maybe she would drop down.

Its Tru said:
idk about only tate....she talks a lot of trash to a lot of fighter's
Who?

Cyborg?

She wasn't mean to Kaufmann or Uriah Faber when they fought.

Who?

Cyborg?

She wasn't mean to Kaufmann or Uriah Faber when they fought.

cyborg is a big one. Her entire goal was to pick a fight with cris and get a shot at the belt. Once she realized she could make 135lbs and easily beat miesha she switched tactics. I don't have a problem with it personally and will say i think ronda is the best finisher in the 135lbs division by far and is a better fit at 135lbs than 145lbs, but yes that is what I meant.

My opinion is simple..when you are winning and the champ, you can do what you want. Until someone beats her, she is the champ and can do what she wants.

I only watched a couple of minutes of the video. I don't think she's that different other than being a bit more humble in how she expresses herself.

Overall, being nice before does not negate her being coocoo bongo right now. I don't really care either way, let's see the fight.

I only watched a couple of minutes of the video. I don't think she's that different other than being a bit more humble in how she expresses herself.

Overall, being nice before does not negate her being coocoo bongo right now. I don't really care either way, let's see the fight.

and that's not a good or bad thing, just interesting to see people at different stages in their life/career.

last bump was a year ago. a lot has happened since then. ronda is probbaly the clear number 1 now, even over cyborg.

Honda is and was nasty as hell. Nothing humble about that interview attitude, do you even dictionary?

she's ahead of both Barao and TJ in p4p rankings.

Year old thread gets bumped, why?

Also fun to see the Rousey White Knights that were banned.
Children tend to flock to their own lol

heard it here first, ronda retires at cat fight, never faces cybiorg

heard it here first, ronda retires at cat fight, never faces cybiorg

Shut up Aaron.

Report that.

ronda-rousey-sparing-with-aaron-tru-o.gif

She fights at 145 here but now she won't fight Cyborg at 145...? (Shakes my head)

Yep, she's definitely ducking Cyborg. And if Cyborg is actually dumb enough to try and cut down to 135 to fight her she's gonna be drained as all hell.

She actually ducked Cyborg by dropping to 135.

You guys (and all the others who claim Ronda was/is "ducking Justino) need a history lesson on the facts:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

It's pretty well sourced and explains what happened. The only reason they haven't fought already (@ 145, 140 or 135) is due to Justino's actions, i.e. getting caught cheating and fleeing to Invicta 24 hours after out of competition random drug testing introduced

Last edited:
Back