Ronda Rousey = horrible sportsmanship

tdluxon

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
She is a ridiculously poor sport. When she was winning its all smiles and interviews for "the baddest woman alive" about how great she is and how she's gonna beat up mayweather, then she loses and goes storming off like a six year old without even so much as a "good fight" or a handshake from her opponent, no acknowledgement of the fans, media, anyone. Classic front-runner, no ability to deal with adversity, which is why she will never make a successful comeback (not to mention her competition has passed her by now that it's becoming more and more obvious that she's a one trick pony and with some practice there are defenses to a armbar and a basic hip throw).

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I was really impressed by the poise and sportsmenship of Dominick Cruz (who I previously thought was kinda a cocky dick). He congratulated his opponent, admitted defeat without excuses, and acknowledged the fans and media. Shows a lot about his mindset, and unlike rousey, leaves the feeling that he will be back, maybe better than ever.

Probably doesn't matter because I highly doubt Ronda will ever fight again but I hope she realizes that is not the way to react to defeat.

d033258607de74e8d8c976c11f4a5d1a92fd936abd7b80c84a2ac04aae87dd07.jpg

Yes I would have liked to see an interview from Ronda (as would all of her fans). I didn't like that she did hardly any media because when she does it's always interesting. As much as I would have like to hear what she had to say, she was badly hurt and probably felt like she wanted to cry so it may have been the best decision to leave the cage. You have to respect her for giving it her best shot.
Cruz was very respectful, I guess he had to be because Cody earned the respect 100%

She is a disgrace of a human being, thankfully she has been removed from the UFC and media forever.

Yeah. Her nuthugger fans will make some weak ass excuse.

Leaving the cage, not going to the presser? Sore loser. Hope she never comes back.

"Ronda is the most mentally tough person I know" -- Dana Swollen White

She's a disgrace.

A very ugly one too.

Yes I would have liked to see an interview from Ronda (as would all of her fans). I didn't like that she did hardly any media because when she does it's always interesting. As much as I would have like to hear what she had to say, she was badly hurt and probably felt like she wanted to cry so it may have been the best decision to leave the cage. You have to respect her for giving it her best shot.
Cruz was very respectful, I guess he had to be because Cody earned the respect 100%
I see what you mean but most losing fighters are hurt and a lot of them would probably like to cry, but they act like a respectful adult and tough it out. I wouldn't mind if she skipped the press conference but at least take 30 seconds to show some respect to your opponent and fans.

Yeah. Her nuthugger fans will make some weak ass excuse.

Leaving the cage, not going to the presser? Sore loser. Hope she never comes back.
Not hating on her but I think she was told she was a "winner" most of her life. I don't agree with it but I don't blame her. Frankly I feel just as bad for Pyle....he got brutally ko'd and no one seems to care

I bet she doesn't remember leaving the octagon.

I know guys who have been knocked out in fights and they say they "woke up" and were in the locker room even though they walked out under their own power. An interview would have been nice but a doctor evaluating her was more important. It doesn't make her a bad sport

I would have done the same for my fighter

She is a ridiculously poor sport. When she was winning its all smiles and interviews for "the baddest woman alive" about how great she is and how she's gonna beat up mayweather, then she loses and goes storming off like a six year old without even so much as a "good fight" or a handshake from her opponent, no acknowledgement of the fans, media, anyone. Classic front-runner, no ability to deal with adversity, which is why she will never make a successful comeback (not to mention her competition has passed her by now that it's becoming more and more obvious that she's a one trick pony and with some practice there are defenses to a armbar and a basic hip throw).

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I was really impressed by the poise and sportsmenship of Dominick Cruz (who I previously thought was kinda a cocky dick). He congratulated his opponent, admitted defeat without excuses, and acknowledged the fans and media. Shows a lot about his mindset, and unlike rousey, leaves the feeling that he will be back, maybe better than ever.

Probably doesn't matter because I highly doubt Ronda will ever fight again but I hope she realizes that is not the way to react to defeat.
while I agree with you on all points, do not forget she is surrounded by bloodsuckers "yes"men that does not help her be real.
I can't fault her as much as I can shrug and say she needs a real friend, someone that can talk some sense into her...

Not hating on her but I think she was told she was a "winner" most of her life. I don't agree with it but I don't blame her. Frankly I feel just as bad for Pyle....he got brutally ko'd and no one seems to care

Because he is 41 and still trying to fight in the big leagues. When even his younger self was only an average fighter. He needs to hang it up

while I agree with you on all points, do not forget she is surrounded by bloodsuckers "yes"men that does not help her be real.
I can't fault her as much as I can shrug and say she needs a real friend, someone that can talk some sense into her...
She's definitely got a bunch of yes man vampires around

She also left right after losing to Holly and didn't even acknowledge her after.

Probably would have left right after without even shaking her hand if Holly didn't initiate it first.

Even more respect to Miesha after she showed up to the post fighter presser with a broken nose when she didn't have to.

I'll go ahead and say something mean about Ronda and get more dubbs. I'll just agree with thread starter on this point.

Back