Ronda Rousey Bulletin 27/7 - 6 hour gym sessions - punked for film role - insider doubts UFC return

I'm no expert but isn't it established now that pre workout stretches do more harm than good?

This is my understanding, and from my experience I've found it to be true. The body needs to be warm before you start stretching, or you can damage yourself. Same principle as heating anything up before you try and bend it.

Well yeah, with those acting skills, who needs a UFC career backboard....

This is my understanding, and from my experience I've found it to be true. The body needs to be warm before you start stretching, or you can damage yourself. Same principle as heating anything up before you try and bend it.

Injured by stretching.

mjl.gif

Looks terrible.

Cortisol & Adrenal Function out of whack from the stress of being KO'd into oblivion it seems!

I'm no expert but isn't it established now that pre workout stretches do more harm than good?

Haha.

No. One simply has to warm up for a few minutes first, as warm muscles can stretch properly, as opposed to stretching cold.

If you want to feel sad and horrified then watch the movie "Room" with Brie (The chick who beat out Ronda for the movie role).

It's a well made movie.

Ronda Rousey loses 'Captain Marvel' movie role to Oscar-winning actress

usa-today-8780668.0.jpg

Sorry, Ronda Rousey, but the role of Carol Danvers, AKA, "Captain Marvel," has gone to none other than Oscar-winning actress Brie Larson.

Larson was confirmed and introduced as the next actress to join the Marvel family over the weekend during the festivities at San Diego’s Comic Con.

iu

Check it out:

Watch the Hall H crowd freak out as @brielarson is announced as #CaptainMarvel pic.twitter.com/fDMvgLA1ym
— Fandango (@Fandango) July 24, 2016

Rousey had expressed her interest in getting the gig last year during a fan chat on Reddit.

It didn’t take long for "Rowdy's" fans to get creative as they instantly took to Photoshop to bust out their best images of Rousey portraying the character, which you can check out here. #fail

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/16/9...art-shows-ufcs-ronda-rousey-as-captain-marvel

/

In the end, the studio went with Larson, a powerhouse of an actress who won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for leading actress for her portrayal as "Ma" in the award-winning film "Room" in 2015.

"Captain Marvel" is expected to hit theaters on March 8, 2019.
3-brie-larson.jpg

1118full-brie-larson.jpg

It's acting.

Brie is an actress.

...a very good one at that.

Whereas Ronda will never be able to pass for an actor in any lifetime.
Brie is a great actress but she looks nothing like Carol Danvers, physically. Did they cast a non-athletic man to play Hercules? No, they casted The Rock. There's an obvious double standard in Hollywood where it's okay to cast buff guys to play buff male superheroes but not so for the more popular female counterparts with similar origins to their powers.

ronda-rousey-800.jpg

Rousey finishes her workout with ab work – sometimes eating up to 2,000 crunchies doing up to 2,000 crunches per session.

Judging from that picture, 2000 is not enough

Peer-reviewed literature has concluded that stretching prior to intense activity does not reduce incidence of injury compared to not stretching. Subjects in such comparison studies exhibited similar rates of injury regardless if athletes stretched prior or not. The conclusion is that flexibility training is beneficial for athletic performance but not injury prevention prior to activity.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Surprisingly, no heavy weights are incorporated into her routine. Rousey works with 2-lb. dumbbells to do a series of arm exercises, including uppercuts, straight punches, high punches, tricep curls and shadowboxing.

"It's not much weight so you're not going to get so muscular, but you're going to get toned," explains Tarverdyan. "You're conditioning your body."

Rousey finishes her workout with ab work – sometimes eating up to 2,000 crunchies doing up to 2,000 crunches per session.

"Abs you can do as much as you want," says Tarverdyan. "She keeps the intensity very high!

Fucking hell how the hell does Edmondhave a job? "Toning the arms with high reps not getting muscular"

He must have done an online personal trainer certification to come our with that absolute bro science tripe... wtf

Fucking hell how the hell does Edmondhave a job? "Toning the arms with high reps not getting muscular"

He must have done an online personal trainer certification to come our with that absolute bro science tripe... wtf
Online training courses don't even say high rep "toning" about women anymore.... thats straight spinning class soccer mom logic.

Back