Ronda Rousey appreciation thread v2

Her mental breakdown was (IS) one of THE WORST EXAMPLES of a champ reacting to a loss in the entire history of MMA....................................

The UFC needs WARRIORS.

...not ultra-fragile people like Ronda.
This.

I'd still bang weigh in Ronda if that makes you happy ts. but again I must say I'd sue afterwards and make a selfie while she's asleep. and sell it to highest bidder.
Julian Edelman does not like your style.

I don't know any champion that handles a loss easily. Holly was fighting back tears and her voice was cracking in her post fight interview after she lost to Valentina. That wasn't even a title fight and nowhere close to the magnitude of the loss Ronda suffered. Show me a fighter who takes losing easy and I'll show you a career loser.

HOLLY got..............................................SMASHED. (in boxing)

Like............fear for ones life SMASHED.

...and guess what, she came right back and beat the girl who destroyed her......................................................................

There's your perfect example.

She cleaned out the top 10, then took a lot of damage and needed some time off.
Plus Holm lost to Tate which implies that Tate has "some skills". Well those skills didn't really threaten Ronda much now did they
The top 10 was such a joke when she was around. I know that isn't her fault, but she should come back and face Holly, Tate, Nunes, and that chick Holly just fought. Unless she wants to remain the laughing stock of WMMA forever. That's cool too. At least she has Travis Browne.....

One of those soccer moms she beat twice choked Holly out. Also the current champ got beat down by a woman Ronda beat in 14 seconds. GTFO

And how does any of that make her fight with Holly any less of massacre? How do you white knights not get holly losing 2 fights in a row since scraping Ronda makes Ronda look even worse? You're trying to make the person you tea bagged your idol look mediocre.

She had a good run riding a lot of psychological momentum, but without that I can imagine her just getting smashed. I'd be shocked if Ronda ever came back after Holm dismantled her like that.

The top 10 was such a joke when she was around. I know that isn't her fault, but she should come back and face Holly, Tate, Nunes, and that chick Holly just fought. Unless she wants to remain the laughing stock of WMMA forever. That's cool too. At least she has Travis Browne.....
How is Ronda the laughingstock of WMMA? She made it relevant.

HOLLY got..............................................SMASHED. (in boxing)

Like............fear for ones life SMASHED.

...and guess what, she came right back and beat the girl who destroyed her......................................................................

There's your perfect example.

And when Ronda comes back will you admit you were wrong or will you pretend you never said she wouldn't?

And how does any of that make her fight with Holly any less of massacre? How do you white knights not get holly losing 2 fights in a row since scraping Ronda makes Ronda look even worse? You're trying to make the person you tea bagged your idol look mediocre.
I'm not casting aspersions but Holly did look different physically vs Ronda than in her last 2 fights.

How do Ronda haters not get that Ronda almost cleared out the division and nobody else since she lost the title can defend it a single time.

She's the reason all those girls cash checks from the UFC.

She elevated the whole profile of Mma with her run

Every fight was exciting win or lose.

It's fine to dislike her but everyone on sherdog SHOULD respect her.

I made the first one, and it certainly didn't get to a 1000 replies, so it doesn't need a 2nd version because of that.
However, that thread was overloaded with hate and had very little actual appreciation.
So now the WMMA narrative has changed. The division went from "soccer moms and accountants" to being very competitive. These ladies go to war and each one brings something to the table. It actually makes Ronda's UFC run more impressive. She wasn't just winning, she was winning in a way that literally had people counting how many seconds it took for her to do so.
Ronda fights became must see TV for just long enough to erase the doubts of whether women belonged in the UFC.
Also, I think she will be back, which I know not everyone agrees with.
But win or lose, destroying or getting destroyed, Ronda made MMA fun. Even the same people hating really loved her last fight.
UFC is sports entertainment. Ronda brought both as well if not better than anyone else.
Hespect
maybe that should have given you a hint, no?

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

No she didn't. That honour belongs to Gina Carano but I don't expect newer fans to know that.
I've been watching martial arts for decades and Carano never took WMMA to the mainstream like Ronda did. Gina is Christy Martin. Ronda is Laila Ali.

He also ignores the fact that knockout alone put her out for 6 months. He ignores the fact that she said even before the Holly fight she would take time off.
She lost 8-9 months ago? His argument is broken and shit.
Ronda is not coming back to MMA. deal with it.

I'm not casting aspersions but Holly did look different physically vs Ronda than in her last 2 fights.
I don't see it. She looked as shredded against Tate and Nunes as she did against Ronda imo. I was surprised though at how well a significantly smaller Bullet was able to secure clinch takedown where Ronda struggled.

Back