Ronda Rousey appreciation thread v2

LiLoMMA

Lindsay Lohan's party belt
@Black
Reaction score
I made the first one, and it certainly didn't get to a 1000 replies, so it doesn't need a 2nd version because of that.
However, that thread was overloaded with hate and had very little actual appreciation.
So now the WMMA narrative has changed. The division went from "soccer moms and accountants" to being very competitive. These ladies go to war and each one brings something to the table. It actually makes Ronda's UFC run more impressive. She wasn't just winning, she was winning in a way that literally had people counting how many seconds it took for her to do so.
Ronda fights became must see TV for just long enough to erase the doubts of whether women belonged in the UFC.
Also, I think she will be back, which I know not everyone agrees with.
But win or lose, destroying or getting destroyed, Ronda made MMA fun. Even the same people hating really loved her last fight.
UFC is sports entertainment. Ronda brought both as well if not better than anyone else.
Hespect

I made the first one, and it certainly didn't get to a 1000 replies, so it doesn't need a 2nd version because of that.
However, that thread was overloaded with hate and had very little actual appreciation.
So now the WMMA narrative has changed. The division went from "soccer moms and accountants" to being very competitive. These ladies go to war and each one brings something to the table. It actually makes Ronda's UFC run more impressive. She wasn't just winning, she was winning in a way that literally had people counting how many seconds it took for her to do so.
Ronda fights became must see TV for just long enough to erase the doubts of whether women belonged in the UFC.
But win or lose, destroying or getting destroyed, Ronda made MMA fun. Even the same people hating really loved her last fight.
UFC is sports entertainment. Ronda brought both as well if not better than anyone else.
Hespect

Her absence is a truly great thing for the UFC.

Narcissistic personality disorder should NOT be rewarded.

I can appreciate and respect Rousey & Holm way more than Tate & Nunes.

Rousey & Holm would fight anybody in the division with no fuss.

Tate handpicked her first defense and Nunes is already trying to play matchmaker to get the other contenders to kill each other off.

Let's go Ronda!

shirtless-trail-blazers-fan-dancing-dancing-sports-fan-gifs.gif

No it isn't, just because it makes you happy that doesn't mean it's good for the UFC, when McGregors star burns out next month the UFC is going to need a new narrative.

Hespect
I agree. Colourful characters and attitude create buzz for a fight. I'm not crazy about Ronda, but any fight she's involved in is a big event.

No it isn't, just because it makes you happy that doesn't mean it's good for the UFC, when McGregors star burns out next month the UFC is going to need a new narrative.

What gives you ANY indication that Ronda is going to fight again..............?

I'm being serious.

This will fail harder than Jesse Jackson's AMA on Reddit. Got my popcorn, though.

Seriously, fuck "personality" discussions on here. If she was nicer she would be "fake", so instead she is "arrogant" or worse.
My point was that the fights were exciting. And they were. Every single time, win or lose.
I would think MMA fans would enjoy things like "exciting fights"

You're lucky I can't find the first not full thread... Merges loom...

Seriously, fuck "personality" discussions on here. If she was nicer she would be "fake", so instead she is "arrogant" or worse.
My point was that the fights were exciting. And they were. Every single time, win or lose.
I would think MMA fans would enjoy things like "exciting fights"

Her mental breakdown was (IS) one of THE WORST EXAMPLES of a champ reacting to a loss in the entire history of MMA....................................

The UFC needs WARRIORS.

...not ultra-fragile people like Ronda.

What gives you ANY indication that Ronda is going to fight again..............?

I'm being serious.
Money is a great motivator. Her window of making millions for an evenings work isn't going to stay open forever. If Conor gets smashed, I'd bet she'd come back.

Back