Ronda Rousey and Rafaela's Olympic Judo Gold for Brazil

You people need to grow up. Ronda helped the social project in a big way. Of course Rafaela is the star here. If you did not notice you ignorant ape i brought attention to Rafaela. What the fuck have you done? I also remembered Rondas visit from over a year ago and that Rafaela was present. Dickhead

Ronda could cure cancer and Sherbros would bitch about zika.

martial arts and sport community projects are a big help and a push for a lot of youngsters in Brazil,sad that the hard life,little recognition and even bullying coming from the people inside community itself take so many talented people out of their way,
thank god we have some happy stories like that to compensate all the effort from teachers and athletes.
it is sad,the talent barn is huge in Brazil but the incentive is minimum.
RAFAELA MERECE ESSE OURO!
WAR!!

You might have left the dildo up your arse last night - clearly it is having an effect on your mood.

Now run along white belt - don't you have some other white knight business to attend? Maybe if you defend some more women from scum like myself, one of them may finally sleep with you.

Jokes about assplay, check.

Suggests the person he's replying to is emotionally affected by his posts, check.

Brings up belt color as if it means something, check.

Uses the term "white knight", check.

Refers to poster's inability to have sex, check.

That ladies and gents, is where the term sherbro comes from.

You people need to grow up. Ronda helped the social project in a big way. Of course Rafaela is the star here. If you did not notice you ignorant ape i brought attention to Rafaela. What the fuck have you done? I also remembered Rondas visit from over a year ago and that Rafaela was present. Dickhead

Ronda's name precedes the actual winner of the Olympic gold. But Rafeala is the star. Stahp.

<41>

Yesterday a spectacular story unfolded at the Rio Olympics. A young judo practitioner from the sprawling favela complex Cidade de deus, made famous by the 2002 film City of God won Gold in the women's 57kg Judo.

3703EE4600000578-3730246-Brazil_s_Rafaela_Silva_celebrates_after_receiving_the_gold_medal-a-87_1470693067058.jpg

But Rafaela's story is much more impressive when you take into account the abuse she suffered after the 2012 Olympic games in London were at the age of 16 she was disqualified for a leg grab (Rule changes happen so fast in Judo Olympics that no leg grabs cost more than one Olympic hopeful their dreams of medalling).

She suffered a torrent of racist abuse from Brazilian social media that led her to a deep depression and almost cost Brazil her talents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-racism-now-shes-an-olympic-gold-medalist/

Anyhow, plenty has been written about Rafaelas journey already (Well worth a read if you want to be inspired):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Judo-Silva-wins-gold-host-country-Brazil.html

But somthing that nobody seems to have picked up on is this. One of Rafaela's biggest inspirations is... Ronda Rousey. And when Ronda visited the Instituto Reacao in 2014 and again in 2015, owned by Olympic bronze medalist Flavio Canto in the huge favela Rocinha among her many admirers was a young Rafaela (Seen here)

2B1B31C300000578-0-image-a-123_1438776460772.jpg

ronda-rousey-visita-rocinha-e-treina-com-rafaela-silva-e-flavio-canto---9_-adriano-albuqueruqe.jpg

I wonder how much ROnda's visit helped Rafaela on her path from depression to the Gold. Obviously we can only guess - and maybe not at all - but by the videos of the visit and the photos online it strikes me as possibly playing a big part.

I'd just like to say how proud I am that an MMA star such as Ronda goes out of her way to support such a great project as Flavio's Instituto Reacao.

Read more about her second visit here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/uf...ocial-project-gift-beating-Bethe-Correia.html

Hope you don't mind me connecting the dots!

That's a pretty cool story. Also, "City of God" is a really good movie. I'd suggest to anyone they'd need to see it.

Ronda is the bossest bitch ever. She'll be back.

I'll take it as a compliment, despite the obvious negative connotations.

For those who wish to read about this story without the added Rousey - http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/37024492

I actually like TS's post better because it included the video of Rafaela practicing throws with Ronda. Not everyone is threatened by seeing something that puts Ronda in a positive light.

At the back of my head I was thinking something about Dos Anjos when reading this title. But it didn't make much sense so I had to check it out.
Cool stuff.

Bunch of hater bitches, goddamn.

Almost a perfect story but the Ronda part killed the story....

Don't blame us. Currently starting a Ronda thread on here is like dangling some raw meat in front of a hungry wolf pack - inevitably one of them is going to bite...

You are pathetic.

Yesterday a spectacular story unfolded at the Rio Olympics. A young judo practitioner from the sprawling favela complex Cidade de deus, made famous by the 2002 film City of God won Gold in the women's 57kg Judo.

3703EE4600000578-3730246-Brazil_s_Rafaela_Silva_celebrates_after_receiving_the_gold_medal-a-87_1470693067058.jpg

But Rafaela's story is much more impressive when you take into account the abuse she suffered after the 2012 Olympic games in London were at the age of 16 she was disqualified for a leg grab (Rule changes happen so fast in Judo Olympics that no leg grabs cost more than one Olympic hopeful their dreams of medalling).

She suffered a torrent of racist abuse from Brazilian social media that led her to a deep depression and almost cost Brazil her talents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-racism-now-shes-an-olympic-gold-medalist/

Anyhow, plenty has been written about Rafaelas journey already (Well worth a read if you want to be inspired):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Judo-Silva-wins-gold-host-country-Brazil.html

But somthing that nobody seems to have picked up on is this. One of Rafaela's biggest inspirations is... Ronda Rousey. And when Ronda visited the Instituto Reacao in 2014 and again in 2015, owned by Olympic bronze medalist Flavio Canto in the huge favela Rocinha among her many admirers was a young Rafaela (Seen here)

2B1B31C300000578-0-image-a-123_1438776460772.jpg

ronda-rousey-visita-rocinha-e-treina-com-rafaela-silva-e-flavio-canto---9_-adriano-albuqueruqe.jpg

I wonder how much ROnda's visit helped Rafaela on her path from depression to the Gold. Obviously we can only guess - and maybe not at all - but by the videos of the visit and the photos online it strikes me as possibly playing a big part.

I'd just like to say how proud I am that an MMA star such as Ronda goes out of her way to support such a great project as Flavio's Instituto Reacao.

Read more about her second visit here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/uf...ocial-project-gift-beating-Bethe-Correia.html

Hope you don't mind me connecting the dots!

Brazil is a racist cesspool, just like the us

I dont follow Judo but she definitely had more impact on that sport than anyone in history because of her UFC run

I dont follow Judo but she definitely had more impact on that sport than anyone in history because of her UFC run
Flavio Canto is an Idol, and a great example of an excellent martial artist, great person, and very humble, who helps a lot of children in favelas around Rio.

Too bad Ronda isn't a great person and very humble, but she indeed helped a lot of children with her visits.

She's very different now.

By the way. I understand the critism of not focusing on Rafaela - but I put the thread together because I remembered Rafael in the photos with Ronda AND because the timing of having suffered terrible depression due to racist abuse and her bouncing back coincided with Ronda's two visits to the gym and the work of Carlos at the social project.

Rafaela deserves all the praise. Ronda would say the same thing. I just put the thread together for you MMA fans who might only take a glancing interest at the womans 56kg Judo category.

Here are a few vids focusing on Rafaela - first a little on her up till now including the win

Second the win itself (Might be UK only sorry about that everyone I didsearch for a link - its bloody awesome when she celebrates like Aldo did with the crowd)
http://bbc.in/2aHqz8F

Third, an interview by Ana Hissa (COmbate/UFC reporter) with Rafaela's mum straight after the win - if you know Portuguese this is probably the most moving of them all

Back