Ronda Rousey and Rafaela's Olympic Judo Gold for Brazil

This thread's agenda couldn't be anymore transparent. I recognize this woman's great accomplishment. I take offense to you making the story about Rousey.

Guys. forget being internet trolls for the day :) . As much as you may laugh at Ronda this is a great thing!
Don't blame us. Currently starting a Ronda thread on here is like dangling some raw meat in front of a hungry wolf pack - inevitably one of them is going to bite...

It didn't at all, Ronda is fat.

... I was expecting a pathetic person here to post that gif and you, sir, didn't fail to deliver.

Incredible the number of losers of spit on Ronda now that she is no longer the champ.

Don't blame us. Currently starting a Ronda thread on here is like dangling some raw meat in front of a hungry wolf pack - inevitably one of them is going to bite...

Except your a not a wolf but a noisy dog and so are the Ronda haters.

Guys. forget being internet trolls for the day :) . As much as you may laugh at Ronda this is a great thing!

Man, we are on Sherdog. Don't except stupid people like this to become smart.

Last edited:
Ugh. This thread could've been about her saving an 8yo from getting raped by Boko Haram and the first page still would've been filled with 13 year olds.

Great comeback story, the whole leg-grab bullshit and what she went through is just awful. Credit to Rousey if she helped at all.

But the real credit belongs to Rafaelas. That girls got heart and talent.

Wow this is a great story that I didn't know at all

... I was expecting a pathetic person here to post that gif and you, sir, didn't fail to deliver.

Incredible the number of losers of spit on Ronda now that she is no longer the champ.

Except your a not a wolf but a noisy dog.

You might have left the dildo up your arse last night - clearly it is having an effect on your mood.

Now run along white belt - don't you have some other white knight business to attend? Maybe if you defend some more women from scum like myself, one of them may finally sleep with you.

Last edited:
Yesterday a spectacular story unfolded at the Rio Olympics. A young judo practitioner from the sprawling favela complex Cidade de deus, made famous by the 2002 film City of God won Gold in the women's 57kg Judo.

3703EE4600000578-3730246-Brazil_s_Rafaela_Silva_celebrates_after_receiving_the_gold_medal-a-87_1470693067058.jpg

But Rafaela's story is much more impressive when you take into account the abuse she suffered after the 2012 Olympic games in London were at the age of 16 she was disqualified for a leg grab (Rule changes happen so fast in Judo Olympics that no leg grabs cost more than one Olympic hopeful their dreams of medalling).

She suffered a torrent of racist abuse from Brazilian social media that led her to a deep depression and almost cost Brazil her talents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-racism-now-shes-an-olympic-gold-medalist/

Anyhow, plenty has been written about Rafaelas journey already (Well worth a read if you want to be inspired):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Judo-Silva-wins-gold-host-country-Brazil.html

But somthing that nobody seems to have picked up on is this. One of Rafaela's biggest inspirations is... Ronda Rousey. And when Ronda visited the Instituto Reacao in 2014 and again in 2015, owned by Olympic bronze medalist Flavio Canto in the huge favela Rocinha among her many admirers was a young Rafaela (Seen here)

2B1B31C300000578-0-image-a-123_1438776460772.jpg

ronda-rousey-visita-rocinha-e-treina-com-rafaela-silva-e-flavio-canto---9_-adriano-albuqueruqe.jpg

I wonder how much ROnda's visit helped Rafaela on her path from depression to the Gold. Obviously we can only guess - and maybe not at all - but by the videos of the visit and the photos online it strikes me as possibly playing a big part.

I'd just like to say how proud I am that an MMA star such as Ronda goes out of her way to support such a great project as Flavio's Instituto Reacao.

Read more about her second visit here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/uf...ocial-project-gift-beating-Bethe-Correia.html

Hope you don't mind me connecting the dots!

Your title is a bit confusing TS.

Might have left the dildo up your arse last night - clearly it is having an effect on your mood.

Now run along white belt - don't you have some other white knight business to attend? Maybe if you defend some more women from scum like myself, one of them may finally sleep with you.

Thanks for proving that I am right ^^. It's better to be a whitebelt rather than a brown, which is perfect to indicate the quality of your post : shit.

Thanks for proving that I am right big mouth. It's better to be a whitebelt rather than a brown, which is perfect to indicate the quality of your post : shit.

Oh your critique is so masterful, how on earth did you ever come up with something so insightful. But really, learn to troll better - one of the worst I have ever seen, your intentions are painfully obvious.

When the this fad runs it course for you, your free to leave and forget about all those mean, nasty posters on Sherdog who upset you.

Oh your critique is so masterful, how on earth did you ever come up with something so insightful. But really, learn to troll better - one of the worst I have ever seen, your intentions are painfully obvious.
When the this fad runs it course for you, your free to leave and forget about all those mean, nasty posters on Sherdog who upset you.

Oh because calling Ronda fat and posting a gif like a lot of haters did is something masterful for you ? Sorry, didn't know that, not only you're very pathetic, your seems to think your are smarter that you really are. I will let you with your fantasy intelligence and your fantastic brown belt to mock however you want IrishTroll.

Are you really trying to attribute this woman's win to Rousey? That is an insult. This woman's victory is her own.

Oh because calling Ronda fat and posting a gif like a lot of haters did is something masterful for you ? Sorry, didn't know that, not only you're very powerful, you seems to think your are very smart - a statement to which I agree. I will let you with your fantasy intelligence and your fantastic brown belt to mock however you want IrishTroll.

Couldn't really understand your English so I've just rearranged some parts into what I believe you are trying to say and gotten rid of the rest which doesn't make sense.

Also, why bitch at me? If you want we could discuss Rafaelas getting a gold in a very competition sport at the highest level, rising above it all to claim a title only few get to hold?

Or you know, get mad at people you don't even know internet. Keep practicing those troll skills.

Ronda really deserves props for the work she did at Institute Reação when she was here. That's a great social project.

Rhonda's a terrible role model.

Good for Ronda and Rafaela.

Always a good thing when people who are on top go inspire the one's who are still strugling.

Ronda has done a lot for the gym this young woman trains at. It's a great cause, especially in a country like Brazil where financial resources are scarce. Giving back is never a bad thing. More people should do it.

Good thread and a great story.

Thanks for sharing, TS.

Fucking lol.
After he finished that sentence he hit Ronda in the head with a rock and dragged her inside the cave.
Completly justified buddeh, Ronda was trying to make a name out of him

Are you really trying to attribute this woman's win to Rousey? That is an insult. This woman's victory is her own.

You people need to grow up. Ronda helped the social project in a big way. Of course Rafaela is the star here. If you did not notice you ignorant ape i brought attention to Rafaela. What the fuck have you done? I also remembered Rondas visit from over a year ago and that Rafaela was present. Dickhead

Rhonda's a terrible role model.

Hmmmm... this opinion based on hate, or a Gold Medal around a young Brazilian Girl's neck... which should people take as evidence of her "role model" worthiness?

Good on Ronda. Haters are gonna hate.

Back