Ronda Rousey About to Pass El Papi in Twitter Followers

First off Aldo is champ, not McGregor.

That gold belt says otherwise.

Test1.jpg

Since when is Joe Rogan mainstream?

yup that's right she currently has 1.65 million followers while rogan has 1.67m.

here are the twitter followers of all the champs.

Joanna Jaycheck 61.5k
Ronda Rousey 1.65m
Demetrious Johnson 109k
TJ Dillashaw 89.5k
McGregor 669k
RDA 33.2k
Robbie Lawler 107k
Chris Weidman 341k
Cocaine Jones 1.07m
Fabricio Werdum 238k

Is she mainstream yet guys? is she still not a draw? :D

Being mainstream and being a draw are completely different. Most people who know her through the mainstream just watched the millions of replays on facebook.

She's mainstream, but she's still not as good as people say she is. It's like saying Royce Gracie was the best, ofcourse he was then, he was fighting guys that had no clue, just like Ronda.

This is all I could find when I googled "Joe Rogan El Papi".

Who ?

Lawler has less followers then freaking DJ!!

Get in the bomb shelter guys

End of the world is happening
You can buy twitter followers. His actual amount of followers is likely quite a bit lower than robbie.

Conor mcgregor is not the champion and shouldn't be on this list. I'm also pretty sure I've never heard of this cocaine fellow

Being mainstream and being a draw are completely different. Most people who know her through the mainstream just watched the millions of replays on facebook.

She's mainstream, but she's still not as good as people say she is. It's like saying Royce Gracie was the best, ofcourse he was then, he was fighting guys that had no clue, just like Ronda.

?

hes talking about drawing power

and ronda does have that, regardless of what you think about her as a fighter or her division

?

hes talking about drawing power

and ronda does have that, regardless of what you think about her as a fighter or her division

She has drawing power, but I'm saying drawing power and being mainstream is different.

She has drawing power, but I'm saying drawing power and being mainstream is different.

That's true, but ronda definitely has the most mainstream exposure in the US of any fighter ever. (99% of it is due to her being a woman)

She is also one of the biggest draws in the sport right now.

She has both. So, what's your point?

Is anyone arguing against that? I've seen her make nothing but headlines since her last win. Who are you arguing with?

Have you checked typical mainstream US star Twitter or Instagram follower numbers (the ones who frequently use Twitter and Instagram)? She's nowhere close. Ronda Rousey is the big fish in the UFC but the UFC is filled with D-level celebrities. She's at most B-level as a celebrity. Yeah she blew up after UFC190 and had search volumes that rival A-listers, that's a fact, but it's all temporary. A-list is about sustainability. Rousey will only be an A-lister if she can keep this momentum going for a couple of years. For now she's strictly B-level in celebrity status and athleticism.

I mean, she's around Joe Rogan's level in Twitter followers, and Rogan is far from an A-list celebrity. If Tom Cruise walks into a room with Joe Rogan he would be practically invisible.

Have you checked typical mainstream US star Twitter or Instagram follower numbers (the ones who frequently use Twitter and Instagram)? She's nowhere close. Ronda Rousey is the big fish in the UFC but the UFC is filled with D-level celebrities. She's at most B-level as a celebrity. Yeah she blew up after UFC190 and had search volumes that rival A-listers, that's a fact, but it's all temporary. A-list is about sustainability. Rousey will only be an A-lister if she can keep this momentum going for a couple of years. For now she's strictly B-level in celebrity status and athleticism.

That's true, but we're comparing her to other fighters not actors and musicians, right? Her popularity far exceeds that of the sport she's in. That's pretty good. I don't even like her (I think she comes off as an obnoxious drama queen a lot of the time), but the good she's doing for the sport is obvious.

Conor is also a champ. Many consider him to be the rightful champion. Aldo is the one who pulled out.

No Conor is not the champ. You can't beat the guy who lost the reigning champ twice and become a bona fide Champion .. and Conor knows this.

The whole interim belt BS was one part punishment to Aldo, one part promotional stunt that they are gonna use going into their upcoming fight. There is zero glory in Connor's meaningless belt.

yup that's right she currently has 1.65 million followers while rogan has 1.67m.

Joanna Jaycheck 61.5k
Ronda Rousey 1.65m
Demetrious Johnson 109k
TJ Dillashaw 89.5k
McGregor 669k
RDA 33.2k
Robbie Lawler 107k
Chris Weidman 341k
Cocaine Jones 1.07m
Fabricio Werdum 238k

Weidman has more followers than I expected... Maybe his post fight speech worked

Joanna Jaycheck 61.5k
Ronda Rousey 1.65m
Demetrious Johnson 109k
TJ Dillashaw 89.5k
McGregor 669k
RDA 33.2k
Robbie Lawler 107k
Chris Weidman 341k
Cocaine Jones 1.07m
Fabricio Werdum 238k

Who cares about Twitter followers? She has 4,6 million Instagram followers and her every post there gets few thousands to 20 thousand comments.

That's true, but ronda definitely has the most mainstream exposure in the US of any fighter ever. (99% of it is due to her being a woman)

She is also one of the biggest draws in the sport right now.

She has both. So, what's your point?

She has less "drawing power" than people say she has is what I'm saying.

Back