Ronda posts a bad boxing picture again

I don't know what is so bad about this pic.
Ronda's not a striker, and she does it just to set up her Judo throws.

She doesn't need to beat Nunes standing, just take her down.

Style makes fights, and ROnda showed she can beat a girl with Nunes style plenty of times.

Yes, the mental game is what worries me, but she will have to be denied first for this to play a part.

I still think Ronda is (and should be) the favorite in this fight.

maybe you can get that guy to come in here and enlighten us on this right here..View attachment 179779

It's a russian hook. Utilized by both Fedor Emilianenko and Igor Vovchanchyn.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/31/3053056/fedor-emelianenko-striking-technique-pride

Russian Hooks

One of the main techniques which has drawn criticism Fedor's use of the so called "Russian Hook" which I examined here. Once you circumvent all the nonsense and origin stories, and the seemingly endless debates over etymology, this technique makes a ton of sense. By turning the fist all the way over when one throws a hook, so that the thumb is down as if one is checking the time, one can assure the punching shoulder rises to protect the chin

russian%20hook.jpg

I realize this will do nothing to change your opinion and you'll either argue anyway or completely avoid this post.

Last edited:
Lol at all these Sherdog boxing prodigy's dissecting every actionshot of Ronda and acting pretentious as fuck like they instantly see whats wrong with her technique to the inch. Settle down neckbeards, Freddy Roach will call you when he needs you.

And this coming from a Ronda hater btw.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/31/3053056/fedor-emelianenko-striking-technique-pride

russian%20hook.jpg

I realize this will do nothing to change your opinion and you'll either argue anyway or completely avoid this post.

Nice try but no. Ronda throws straight punches with a wrist twist. That pic you posted is Igor throwing a "hook", of sorts anyway. Its really more like an overhand than anything..you know how when you throw an overhand the part of the fist that actually makes contact? Anyway not the same punch, and Ronda is nothing anywhere close to Igor or Fedor striking, really it seems silly to make the comparison and just seems like a real reach that attempts to justify what anybody with two functional eyes and any striking training at all will tell you...Ronda has very rudimentary striking skills.

russian%20hook.jpg

Also I just finished that article, interesting read but again the "russian hooks" and what Ronda is doing are two different things. A russian hook is not a straight punch thrown with a twist, that must be Edmund putting his retarded spin on it. And if I'm not mistaken there are other martial arts out there that teach a similar strike, with the thumb pointing down, but again that's not what Ronda is doing in the gifs in question.

Back