ronda pay $75/75 plus ppv cut

Details on this?

google dave meltzer 10 females and im sure it'll come up. Names werent revealed though.

Fuck that. Carmouche has a chance. All she has to do is keep it standing and protect her arms on the ground.

Easier said than done. Do people forget that RR landed about 20 punches on Tate to set the armbar up? Or the flying armabr she hit on D'leilo?

lol yall mad that she is 100x above your minimum wage paygrade

This seemed highly uninformed on the strategy of this decision. THen I saw the AV... and now I know its just general male ignorance as usual.

Men be all "W....... wo.... man? I like.... but I don't like"

You guys are cracking me up. There ratio of meatheads to people that seem to grasp reality never shows more clearly than a Ronda thread. Guys with muscley men and random hot chicks in their AVs always seem to bark the loudest.

U mad, bros?

rousey1_crop_exact.jpg

So Carmouche is getting 24k AND fired if she wins?

For making money?

no just cause she seemed like a whiny bitch after the tate fight complaining about what so and so did and said. boo hoo.... booooooo hoooooo hooooo.
dont really care how much she makes. 1 trick poney

I don't mind Rousey, she tells it how it is and has rode her PR/hype train to its fullest! However, in order for me (and numerous others) to consider her a great fighter and be a nuthugger, she needs to fight some quality competition. I hope to hell that Liz provides the ultimate Rocky story and KO's her but sadly Rousey won't be tested until a fight with Cyborg comes to frutation.

Admit it, if you were Rousey you'd be riding this thing too!

I don't mind Rousey, she tells it how it is and has rode her PR/hype train to its fullest! However, in order for me (and numerous others) to consider her a great fighter and be a nuthugger, she needs to fight some quality competition. I hope to hell that Liz provides the ultimate Rocky story and KO's her but sadly Rousey won't be tested until a fight with Cyborg comes to frutation.

Admit it, if you were Rousey you'd be riding this thing too!

I can't hate on Rousey, she's just taking advantage of an opportunity. However, the fact that Dana is using a blatant publicity stunt to headline a PPV that clearly has another fight that (by merit) should be headlining really pisses me off. I hear all the time about how the UFC is striving for mainstream appeal and yet they use a fight like this to headline a PPV. It doesn't make sense to me.

I can't hate on Rousey, she's just taking advantage of an opportunity. However, the fact that Dana is using a blatant publicity stunt to headline a PPV that clearly has another fight that (by merit) should be headlining really pisses me off. I hear all the time about how the UFC is striving for mainstream appeal and yet they use a fight like this to headline a PPV. It doesn't make sense to me.

It's because it's a title fight though dude. Plus he has to make the Women's division seem relevant.

How would it look if a non title Hendo/Machida was the main event and Rousey/Carmouch was the co? It would bring ZERO credibility to the women's division

"Women athletes in the boxing profession are often times paid considerably less than male boxers. Neither BLS or Simply Hired publish salary statistic related to female boxers, but other online resources do offer limited information. According to Ann-Marie Saccurato, who won the female World Boxing Council lightweight championship in 2006, female pro-boxers earn as little as $400 per match, and only $5,000 for world title fights. However, in some extraordinary careers, salaries may be significantly larger. According to Spiegel Online International News, the highest paid professional female boxer in the world is Laila Ali -- daughter of the late Muhammed Ali -- who was reportedly once offered $500,000 to fight female boxing champion Ann Wolfe."

Read more: The Average Salary of a Boxer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8647585_salary-average-boxer.html#ixzz2HJunMG2D

Muhammad Ali isn't dead! And is spelled with an "a." I seriously question the credibility of that source.

People act like Ronda gets paid only because Dana likes her, like he doesn't like money more. Ronda gets paid this much because her sports agent negotiated that much for her.

It's because it's a title fight though dude. Plus he has to make the Women's division seem relevant.

How would it look if a non title Hendo/Machida was the main event and Rousey/Carmouch was the co? It would bring ZERO credibility to the women's division

There is no women's divison in the UFC right now besides these two. Who else is there? Who else is in title contention? There is such a giant discrepancy in the level of competition at the men's and women's level of MMA that you really can't treat them that equal at this point. I'm not trying to sound misogynistic here but it's like comparing the level of competition in UFC 1 to the competition in the modern UFC. Just because it's a title fight doesn't make it worthy of a PPV headline.

I wonder if Rousy sells well, Zuffa will buy out Invicta then eventually merge with the UFC in 2016 .

Rousey will get $150,000 for a quick first round armbar submission of Carmouche. Carmouche will get $12,000 for being submitted quickly in the first round to an armbar.

Back