Ronda never learned boxing fundamentals

It's absolutely Edmond's fault. You can't implement or learn head movement as a novice if you're standing in the wrong striking stance. That's why she looks like she's completely square to her opponent and why Amanda destroyed her so easily.

That's just not true. She's squares because she's never learned to ungrapple mode herself...her striking and defense are poor because she's obviously learned very little...but switching her to orthodox wouldn't have made it any better...if anything it would have made it worse because I'd be willing to wager she would switch stances every time she went from punching to takedowns.

That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond.
LeBronBoshLaughSloMoLakers.gif

That's just not true. She's squares because she's never learned to ungrapple mode herself...her striking and defense are poor because she's obviously learned very little...but switching her to orthodox wouldn't have made it any better...if anything it would have made it worse because I'd be willing to wager she would switch stances every time she went from punching to takedowns.

Valid point.

Valid point.

There are very few things more frustrating on the mat than someone who thinks striking in one stance and grappling in the other and can't get their feet set for either because of it.

She doesn't know how to throw a fucking punch. It's embarrassing

What's more embarrassing (and costly) is that she didn't do any head movement. If she had learned this she wouldn't really need to throw punches, just avoid until she can clinch and then she's looking good.

What's more embarrassing (and costly) is that she didn't do any head movement. If she had learned this she wouldn't really need to throw punches, just avoid until she can clinch and then she's looking good.

To be fair, that's much harder than learning to throw a punch. Sweet Pea she ain't never gonna be...hey that rhymed.

To be fair, that's much harder than learning to throw a punch. Sweet Pea she ain't never gonna be...hey that rhymed.

Yeah well whether it be slipping punches or keeping out of range (I'm no expert lol) but I guess she doesn't need to knock girls out is my point. Like Mark Hunt who only really drills escapes for grappling, not subs.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Ronda is a left handed person. She should have learned fundamentals in the southpaw stance. She has no business being in orthodox stance.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. Other strong hand forward fighters are Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Nick and Nate Diaz, Dillashaw, RDA, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisbing, and I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.
All these guys are right-handed and fight from southpaw, except for Bisbing who is left-handed and fights from orthodox, like Ronda.

I know this because I am always interested in fighter's stronger hand and their stance. So I google pictures of them autographing things to see what hand they are signing with. People's writing hand is most usually their strong hand except for extremely rare cases.

You'll notice all these strong hand forward fighters I listed are highly skilled strikers. Ronda is not. These guys probably all started learning striking from the opposite stance, with their strong hand cocked back, and later switched styles to strong hand forward. I know this for certain with Rockhold because he used to fight orthodox in Strikeforce.

Ronda never learned how to strike with her strong side back. She hadn't learned a lick of striking and she started training with her strong hand forward. There is no way she learned fundamentals of power and angles because of this. And all this is Edmond's fault.
I realize that this suits her Judo stance to where she is able to throw from this stance, but this is not how you learn striking. You learn like everybody else, with your strong hand cocked back. That's why she is so terrible in striking. She never learned basics from the proper stance. That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond. I sometimes wonder if Edmond even ever asked which hand was her strong hand. It's fucking retarded.
Oscar De La Hoya was a lefty that learned orthodox. That's why he had a monster jab. There's no real rule against it, imo.

not only that but they try to grab her opponent while getting punched in the face very bad defense

Edmund was screaming at the top of his lungs to use head movement in that fight, and she displayed absolutely nothing of it.

It's brings to question who's at fault and what's really going on. Does Edmund teach this shit and they practice it and Ronda just doesn't execute it her fights, or maybe Edmund really is a bum. To me, after hearing that audio of Ronda's corner this past fight, I'm hesitant to say that Edmund is as fucking useless and clueless as everyone would like to suggest.
What about the Holm fight? Just rushing forward like a complete idiot.

Yeah well whether it be slipping punches or keeping out of range (I'm no expert lol) but I guess she doesn't need to knock girls out is my point. Like Mark Hunt who only really drills escapes for grappling, not subs.

Yeah, I get that...just in general though it's harder to be good at defense than offense...that's why the guys and gals with good defense stand out from the norm so much. I was just trying to be diplomatic and give Ronda a little bit of a pass.

I like WMMA too but it's the truth, how is that sexist? Nunes just starched the goat of WMMA with only a basic day one combo lol.
That's most MMA then actually. Not many male MMA fighters fight with great boxing or even use combos. Partially because of the beast that is MMA itself, the other reason simply b/c they don't know how.

What about the Holm fight? Just rushing forward like a complete idiot.
Yeah, she did. I don't know why she did it.

All I know is that in this most recent fight, Edmund was telling her exactly what she needed to do and she did not do it.

So the question is, if they had not trained any head movement then why would Edmund be screaming at her to move her head?

It could simply be a case of Ronda thinking she knows what's best, Ronda panicking, or Ronda not doing what she's been taught/training. Or perhaps she just resorts to what has worked for her in the past - rushing forward and trying to get the clinch. Ronda's bumrushing always looked horrendous, but it worked for her for quite some time.

I'm not saying Edmund is an amazing coach or anything, it just struck me as odd that Edmund was giving her great advice on Friday, and she didn't listen.

I don't see where I expressed such a thing. I think his point is not as on point as he thinks, just pointing that out.

I'm saying she learned to strike from the wrong stance. What exactly is off point about what I'm saying?

Last edited:
But after the Bethe aand Davis fights, she's a complete fighter now, and now that her striking a caught up to her grappling, she's unbeatable.

You don't remember all the white knights Laughing at the thought of Cyborg beating her. Remember, a bar vmcity, baby!

LMAO she finally fought some chicks that weren't non athletic and have extremely bad fight IQ, and physically overmatched. When she fights someone with similar physical strengths and athletecism, what happened to her twice, happens.

She should beg Lucia Rijker to train with her again

And apologise for the time fucking Edmund had told the press that Ronda KO'ed Rijker in training (which was obviously veeery quickly debunked)

She doesn't know how to throw a fucking punch. It's embarrassing

She can thrown down OK into some stationary pads, but in the real world, she can't box at all, and has seemingly never trained to do anything other than wack pads which is quite amazing.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Ronda is a left handed person. She should have learned fundamentals in the southpaw stance. She has no business being in orthodox stance.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. Other strong hand forward fighters are Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Nick and Nate Diaz, Dillashaw, RDA, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisbing, and I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.
All these guys are right-handed and fight from southpaw, except for Bisbing who is left-handed and fights from orthodox, like Ronda.

I know this because I am always interested in fighter's stronger hand and their stance. So I google pictures of them autographing things to see what hand they are signing with. People's writing hand is most usually their strong hand except for extremely rare cases.

You'll notice all these strong hand forward fighters I listed are highly skilled strikers. Ronda is not. These guys probably all started learning striking from the opposite stance, with their strong hand cocked back, and later switched styles to strong hand forward. I know this for certain with Rockhold because he used to fight orthodox in Strikeforce.

Ronda never learned how to strike with her strong side back. She hadn't learned a lick of striking and she started training with her strong hand forward. There is no way she learned fundamentals of power and angles because of this. And all this is Edmond's fault.
I realize that this suits her Judo stance to where she is able to throw from this stance, but this is not how you learn striking. You learn like everybody else, with your strong hand cocked back. That's why she is so terrible in striking. She never learned basics from the proper stance. That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond. I sometimes wonder if Edmond even ever asked which hand was her strong hand. It's fucking retarded.
Can Rhonda come back from this. Like can they give her a rebound-fight against a easier lower ranked opponent?

Back