Ronda never learned boxing fundamentals

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Ronda is a left handed person. She should have learned fundamentals in the southpaw stance. She has no business being in orthodox stance.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. Other strong hand forward fighters are Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Nick and Nate Diaz, Dillashaw, RDA, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisbing, and I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.
All these guys are right-handed and fight from southpaw, except for Bisbing who is left-handed and fights from orthodox, like Ronda.

I know this because I am always interested in fighter's stronger hand and their stance. So I google pictures of them autographing things to see what hand they are signing with. People's writing hand is most usually their strong hand except for extremely rare cases.

You'll notice all these strong hand forward fighters I listed are highly skilled strikers. Ronda is not. These guys probably all started learning striking from the opposite stance, with their strong hand cocked back, and later switched styles to strong hand forward. I know this for certain with Rockhold because he used to fight orthodox in Strikeforce.

Ronda never learned how to strike with her strong side back. She hadn't learned a lick of striking and she started training with her strong hand forward. There is no way she learned fundamentals of power and angles because of this. And all this is Edmond's fault.
I realize that this suits her Judo stance to where she is able to throw from this stance, but this is not how you learn striking. You learn like everybody else, with your strong hand cocked back. That's why she is so terrible in striking. She never learned basics from the proper stance. That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond. I sometimes wonder if Edmond even ever asked which hand was her strong hand. It's fucking retarded.

She doesn't know how to throw a fucking punch. It's embarrassing

I imagine Edmond has already told her it was a fluke loss and that she's still the best eva!

I've said this before and I'll say it again, pretty much any Sherbro who thinks they're better trained is placing themselves on a pedestal and they sound silly.
Let's see how your fundamentals look after getting cracked in a cage by an aggressive opponent.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, pretty much any Sherbro who thinks they're better trained is placing themselves on a pedestal and they sound silly.
Let's see how your fundamentals look after getting cracked in a cage by an aggressive opponent.

Doesn't change the fact that she learned striking from the completely wrong stance.

but but but she drops dudes with body shots?

She got that milkshake fundamentals down though
juno_temple_fat_by_cahabent-d9vw236.jpg

Doesn't change the fact that she learned striking from the completely wrong stance.
There's no doubt that she looks more awkward throwing than some.
But the bulk of your critique amounts to sounding knowledgeable but it doesn't really say much.
It's an interesting question, however, what her striking might look like had she trained under someone else, and I'd agree she's got some things to un-learn if she wants to fix it
Or at least make it less...
What's the word...

Ronda never learned, period.

She thought media was why she lost

Instead of acknowledging her

palpable skill deficit

She hasn't even got a beginners defensive posture. No peekaboo stance. She does the noob thing where you reach out to stop punches instead of covering up.

Worse thing to happen to her was ko-ing Bethe. Gave her a false sense of boxing skill that she just does not have.
If she ko'ed Zingano, who has somewhat of a legit striking background, then she would have every reason to be proud, but Bethe is a horrible striker.

It's still an extremely poor showing from a pro who had a full year to adjust after her first defeat and whose headcoach is supposed to be a striking coach.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do.
JKD has fuck-all to do with it. If you'd ever been on a judo mat you'd know that's how they teach you. Strong hand forward.

I love WMMA. You picked the wrong person for your sexist rants
I like WMMA too but it's the truth, how is that sexist? Nunes just starched the goat of WMMA with only a basic day one combo lol.

Maybe Edmund doesn't like to train southpaws and suggested that she box orthodox?

JKD has fuck-all to do with it. If you'd ever been on a judo mat you'd know that's how they teach you. Strong hand forward.

Except none of the fighters I listed ever did Judo. Except for Ronda. I'm talking about striking, not Judo.

It's still an extremely poor showing from a pro who had a full year to adjust after her first defeat and whose headcoach is supposed to be a striking coach.
There's no doubt. It was a shit performance by any standards. She didn't land a shot and got wrecked. But she was hurt very badly by the very first hard shot, and it was all just syrup on the haters' pancakes after that. She has no head movement and terrible footwork, and relies on her heavy hands, chin, and the occasional kick/knee in the standup to get her to where she needs to be in the clinch. Of course that isn't gonna work against the two best strikers in the division, but it's definite;y worked for every single other girl she's murdered. She just has a gaping hole in her game, and it's a weakness that her fuckheaded coach has been touting as one of her greatest strengths for years.

Back