Ronda needs to train with Maia, Werdum and Ryan Hall

Private Whatley

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Ronda continues to fight, the blueprint to beating her is clear. On one hand, she can devote her camps entirely to improving her striking technique but at this point, the chasm might be too vast and it's quite possible that her body just isn't fashioned for striking.

With that in mind, why not go the other way? Work with Maia and learn how a guy without a formal wrestling background can impose his strategy on guys while minimizing exchanges on the feet. Figure out how Ryan Hall can maintain distance and flop to avoid getting tagged. Hell, work with the guy who whooped her boyfriend twice and figure out how he's been able to transition into a solid MMA striker based on the threat he poses on the ground? I know it's largely frowned upon but Rousey needs to take a page out of Hall and and Werdum's respective books and flop when she gets hit in order to buy time and possibly bait her opponents into engaging her where she excels. Based on what I saw last night, her striking will always be a liability.

If Ronda continues to fight, the blueprint to beating her is clear. On one hand, she can devote her camps entirely to improving her striking technique but at this point, the chasm might be too vast and it's quite possible that her body just isn't fashioned for striking.

With that in mind, why not go the other way? Work with Maia and learn how a guy without a formal wrestling background can impose his strategy on guys while minimizing exchanges on the feet. Figure out how Ryan Hall can maintain distance and flop to avoid getting tagged. Hell, work with the guy who whooped her boyfriend twice and figure out how he's been able to transition into a solid MMA striker based on the threat he poses on the ground? I know it's largely frowned upon but Rousey needs to take a page out of Hall and and Werdum's respective books and flop when she gets hit in order to buy time and possibly bait her opponents into engaging her where she excels. Based on what I saw last night, her striking will always be a liability.
She just needs to get the fuck away from Edmond, at this point.

Ronda is no Kyra Gracie. She should've fought Tate last year instead of asking for Holly.

It takes many years to develop hands many many years

For sure and based on what I'm seeing, she doesn't have a natural aptitude for that part of the game. Some fighters are inversely plagued in terms of their grappling. It's a bitter pill to swallow but sometimes you just need to acknowledge that certain things just aren't your bag and figure out how to circumvent the issues as such.

For sure and based on what I'm seeing, she doesn't have a natural aptitude for that part of the game. Some fighters are inversely plagued in terms of their grappling. It's a bitter pill to swallow but sometimes you just need to acknowledge that certain things just aren't your bag and figure out how to circumvent the issues as such.
I've been around stand up game all my life....somebody that is lacking that ability would probably need at least six years of consistent work just to be somewhat athletic in their stand up

I've been around stand up game all my life....somebody that is lacking that ability would probably need at least six years of consistent work just to be somewhat athletic in their stand up

Absolutely and beyond that she doesn't seem to possess the intangibles. Take Jon Jones for instance. His technique was non existent in his early fights but he always had a natural instinct for distance and timing. Ronda doesn't have that. She doesn't realize when she's in danger or where she's presenting openings

Yes!
But would need to learn striking defense.
Even Cm Punk might have better head moment and he is a newbie (kinda).

Back