Ronda making it big is annoying

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First of all this is not to take away from Ronda and her skills. She is obviously talented. Now with that being said, given all the great fighters and champions that have come before her it is annoying to see that she is being given so much hype and media attention mainly because she is a woman. Yea I said it, it's because she is a woman and she is marketable because she is a woman. Not being sexist but not even the great GSP was not given the same amount mainstream attention. She even gets more PR than Conor now. Just goes to show how mma is viewed by the masses, she is a novelty item and most ppl who know who she is can't tell you another UFC champions name. It's annoying that she enjoys the mainstream success that pioneers such as Evan Tanner, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes never saw while they had way tougher competition and did it for considerably less money.

Aww do women like Ronda frighten you?

First of all this is not to take away from Ronda and her skills. She is obviously talented. Now with that being said, given all the great fighters and champions that have come before her it is annoying to see that she is being given so much hype and media attention mainly because she is a woman. Yea I said it, it's because she is a woman and she is marketable because she is a woman. Not being sexist but not even the great GSP was not given the same amount mainstream attention. She even gets more PR than Conor now. Just goes to show how mma is viewed by the masses, she is a novelty item and most ppl who know who she is can't tell you another UFC champions name. It's annoying that she enjoys the mainstream success that pioneers such as Evan Tanner, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes never saw while they had way tougher competition and did it for considerably less money.

crying_baby_2.gif

I agree but it's not permanent the hype will eventually die down, even if she keeps winning it will become more normal in the world consciousness. Ronda's a new thing she's doing things no woman has done before, that gains attention. It only brings more eyes to MMA and is beneficial to the sport in the long run. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Her brand is money.

She's a perfect storm at the perfect time in history.

The UFC is smart to be promoting the fuck out of her.

She's gonna help elevate the sport to new heights.

Wish it were Gina.

Too much playing dumb in terms of Ronda for my liking. Too much pretend.

It's annoying that she enjoys the mainstream success that pioneers such as Evan Tanner, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes never saw while they had way tougher competition and did it for considerably less money.
We get it, youre salty because a girl is a bigger star than any of your favorite fighters. I can understand and sympathize because I was reluctant to embrace WMMA too. But times change, and a real man can admit his mistakes. Ronda is not only the biggest star in the sport's history, she is bigger than the sport itself. Truly transcendent like Michael Jordan and Muhammed Ali [aka the black Edmond Tarvedyan].

btw, of the fighters on your list, only BJ and Hughes could be considered elite.

Popularity is not based on credentials, popularity is based on who people relate to or want to see, for whatever reasons they have. There is no such thing as "not fair" when it comes to popularity, especially in the sports world, and double especially in prize fighting.

z7p51mM.gif

Here you go, TS.
Stop being Jelly!

http://www.transhealth.co.uk/pages/gender_clinic.html

All you gotta do is not pay attention to the thing that annoys you.

It won't annoy you any more because you won't know it's happening.

Simple.

I have to admit I am warming to RR.
However I am trying to avoid hearing her speak or reading what she has said in interviews.
So.. Hopefully I am not a hater.

I didn't like her after tuf but now I respect and like her. She seems cool and is very dedicated. The thing I don't like is all the goat talk when she is beating women no where near her. It's not her fault, the talent isn't there yet. She will not face adversity therefore I find her fights predictable and boring.

All you gotta do is not pay attention to the thing that annoys you.

It won't annoy you any more because you won't know it's happening.

Simple.

But I like Carl's Jr. damn it!

Popularity is not based on credentials, popularity is based on who people relate to or want to see, for whatever reasons they have. There is no such thing as "not fair" when it comes to popularity, especially in the sports world, and double especially in prize fighting.

z7p51mM.gif

Great post.

GSP fights went 25 minutes long and would bore the casual.

You sir, are the definition of a hater.

i agree 100 %

UFC is for white knights and soccer moms.....

ronda is a can crusher in her division ...wmma is trash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back