Ronda is now tied with Mighty Mouse for title defenses yet still no love for DJ

Here's the reality: when DJ beat the hipster fan favorite by clusterfuck decision, people got butthurt and decided then and there that he wasn't what they wanted for the division. That's why he can brutally knock out JoeB and finish his last 4/5 title defenses and they still parrot this "boring" narrative which spreads like wildfire.

How many have you seen ?.

The dude is boring.

Every one from WEC 48 till now. Most of his fights are extremely boring, some have been good but far from great imo. Running, point fighting, etc. If he went for it more and took more risks he could be great to watch. There have been moments that he should have easily been able to end fights and he just played it safe. Hell even in his last fight he said he was being pazy and he only went for that armbar because his corner was screaming at him to get it and they would scream at him for not doing it. He could have probably cpuld have ended that fightuch earlier.

The dude is boring.

Every one from WEC 48 till now. Most of his fights are extremely boring, some have been good but far from great imo. Running, point fighting, etc. If he went for it more and took more risks he could be great to watch. There have been moments that he should have easily been able to end fights and he just played it safe. Hell even in his last fight he said he was being pazy and he only went for that armbar because his corner was screaming at him to get it and they would scream at him for not doing it. He could have probably cpuld have ended that fightuch earlier.

lol, he usually fights as a come forward pressure fighter (one of the best pressure fighters in the entire sport).

Yeah...that might be deep for you. Do you even MMA, bro?

Also, Yves and Mighty Mouse are Black. Get that PC sh*t out of here, you're tryin' too hard.

Thugjitsu is a longtime favorite of mine! I say African American cuz Anderson Silva is technically black, Jk I just made that up I said AA more to be sarcastic in reference to being PC.

I hate watching Mighty Mouse fight because I hate watching people who are good at MMA

Here's the reality: when DJ beat the hipster fan favorite by clusterfuck decision, people got butthurt and decided then and there that he wasn't what they wanted for the division. That's why he can brutally knock out JoeB and finish his last 4/5 title defenses and they still parrot this "boring" narrative which spreads like wildfire.

Maybe if he posted on Sherdog lol?

As a male MMA fan i could never understand why Rousey was so popular, i personally am not into her fights enough to order a PPV, and i will pretty much order every other one. But i recently realized that women i know that arent even into MMA sometimes order her ppvs, and these women have no idea who any of the Male champions are, so i would say IMO that is why MM does much worse on the PPV numbers

Getting a finish doesn't equal exciting fight.

Let's talk about those 4 finishes in the last 5. 2 were 4 rounds of mostly boring fighting and then pulling off 2 subs in the 5th. The Chris Cariaso fight was pretty good, it was also pretty short compared to what we usually see from him. The Joe B fight was quick and he landed a nice uppercut. Also the JoeB ko was the first ko with his hands since his first two fights. Who is the hipster fan favorite? Dodson?

lol, he usually fights as a come forward pressure fighter (one of the best pressure fighters in the entire sport).
The narrative has infected too many people. They are beyond help at this point. In his entire career, DJ has played the matador only twice. Against McCall in their second fight, and the first fight against JoeB.

djmccall2.gif
djpunchjoe2.gif

In every other fight, DJ was the agressor, even against Dodson who hits like a truck. Mostly because he is more confident now training under Hume.

dodsondjknee.gif

It amazes me how so many mma "fans" buy into Ronda Rousey yet shy away from a dominant champion like Demetrious Johnson. He has time and time again put on amazing demonstrations of a complete mma skill set and always works for the finish.

Why is it that so many people are willing to watch Ronda fight but yet not wanting to watch Mighty Mouse?

Ronda finishes 100% of her fights and the majority in the first minute of the fight. DJ is good but there is a huge difference in their fights. It's not even comparable.

Yeah, it's a combination of hand issues, regularly giving up a lot of weight on fight night, and fighting elite, durable fighters. Of course, Mayweather has gotten more conservative as he has aged and he perhaps deserves some criticism for some dull fights (Baldomir, Maidana 2 being two good examples of poor fights), but even in his older age, fighting at higher weight classes, he has managed to put on some good, even great fights. For example, Cotto/Mayweather, was, as I see it, far more entertaining and worthwhile to watch than any fight Ronda has been a part of (and likely ever will be a part of).

It is a shame that he will mainly be remembered for playing the villain. He truly has had a stories career and does deserve to be placed among the greats. I was hoping he would rematch Canello before he retired.

He runs forward and back. That was the point fighting part. His huge punches rarely land during those rushing flurries. He mostly lands decent punches and then backs out. I know he uses forward pressure as his main attack.

Ronda finishes 100% of her fights and the majority in the first minute of the fight. DJ is good but there is a huge difference in their fights. It's not even comparable.

Yea DJ demonstrates a well rounded mma game and utilizes footwork and angles instead of bull rushing in.

I respect DJ as a more proven badass than Ronda.

But it's the fact that Ronda is an attractive female who's light years ahead of her division, and possibly the best female fighter regardless of weight class. She's gonna be WAY more marketable than DJ, especially since he doesn't promote himself. It's just a fact of life.

If you promote yourself and back up what you say, the UFC will continue to push you. Look at Chael Sonnen for ex. Granted, he didn't win all his fights, but his ability to promote himself with just his words was unprecedented at the time. And the UFC rewarded him for that.

The narrative has infected too many people. They are beyond help at this point. In his entire career, DJ has played the matador only twice. Against McCall in their second fight, and the first fight against JoeB.

djmccall2.gif
djpunchjoe2.gif

In every other fight, DJ was the agressor, even against Dodson who hits like a truck. Mostly because he is more confident now training under Hume.

dodsondjknee.gif

Posts only one gif of forward pressure in which he misses most of his punches. Those were nice counter punches into the others though.

How many have you seen ?.

I've seen all of his UFC fights, they technical masterworks but they are nothing spectacular in terms of excitement. Most fans like to see guys who walk forward and wing haymakers like Dan Henderson, Chris Lebon, Matt Brown, Robbie Lawler, The Korean Zombie, and Mark Hunt. DJ is more Technically skilled than all of those guys but that isn't as fun to watch.

Posts only one gif of forward pressure in which he misses most of his punches. Those were nice counter punches into the others though.
It was in response to you saying he never takes risks. Charging forward against a power puncher is the opposite of playing it safe. That's why he was dropped three times in that fight (which won FOTN btw).

He runs forward and back. That was the point fighting part. His huge punches rarely land during those rushing flurries. He mostly lands decent punches and then backs out. I know he uses forward pressure as his main attack.

... so you just meant that you don't like running of any kind in a fight, not that he was a runner (a term typically used pejoratively to describe someone who employs a lot of movement on the backfoot). lol, alright. The term "point-fighter" rarely holds any weight as a criticism in MMA, and this situation is no different. Are you criticizing the fact that he doesn't typically wait around in the pocket to get hit? I get that Ronda doesn't have to have any defensive striking ability in her division, but fighters like Jon Dodson actually have genuine one shot power and counter punching ability. You might as well criticize any fighter with any defensive awareness as a point fighter.

Back