Ronda is now tied with Mighty Mouse for title defenses yet still no love for DJ

I've always thought they should use the smaller cage for 155 and below.

I wouldn't be opposed to them wheeling in an octagon-shaped baby crib in the middle of the cage for that Lollipop Guild division.

Ever notice how most UFC stars are blond-ish?

GSP
Brock
Chuck
Ronda
Connor
Tito

Ronda is also fighting what would be considered journeymen if it weren't for the fact that the women's division is still relatively new.
So? You think the guys DJ is fighting have any more name recognition than the people Rousey is fighting? She's a pretty female fighter, and she kicks ass. Quickly. She's marketing gold.

I wouldn't be opposed to them wheeling in an octagon-shaped baby crib in the middle of the cage for that Lollipop Guild division.

I don't know why but I just pictured a clown car pulling up and 17 members of team Alpha Male climbing out.

To be fair, I respect DJ much more than Ronda Rousey. The only thing I respect about Ronda is the Olympics.

Women hate short men. Men hate short men that are better than them.

MM is not giving himself up out there.

What I don't understand is that every fucking champ out there have that champ status to show off in hollywood (and everywhere else) yet only a handful are prepared to do that, Ronda, Chuck and McGregor being some of the few. Guess what those have in common?

Not saying it's totally their fault, but fuck it, time and time again it's been shown that Zuffa will only market you as a fighter only this much and the rest has to be done by you and your manager.

Some of them are smart - they're making a name out there among the mortals. Most of them though, they're just sitting on their asses or training their asses off, expecting someone else to do that for them. Guess what, it's not gonna happen - you want to be famous and make money, make a name, then you'll get some money.

Also, MM, well, the dude is one of the most boring champs I've ever seen and also, it doesn't help that he's tiny. Not that I care about size, but it helps to big, and if you're big, you need to market yourself a bit more. Conor or Ronda aren't huge by any means, yet they succeeded. Follow their steps.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that WWE and UFC are not the same. Things change I guess

Hes the same size as Ronda except stronger, faster, and 100 times better fighter.

Ronda is a actually big for a woman so it doesn't feel strange watching her. If there were 85 pound chicks in the UFC it would be strange. DJ is just very tiny compared to normal men.

So? You think the guys DJ is fighting have any more name recognition than the people Rousey is fighting? She's a pretty female fighter, and she kicks ass. Quickly. She's marketing gold.

I'm not talking name recognition I'm saying the women she's been fighting have been in the game maybe 3-5 years and training maybe just a little longer than that. The talent DJ is facing at this point are all seasoned veterans.

Women hate short men. Men hate short men that are better than them.

1417994362095.jpg

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that WWE and UFC are not the same. Things change I guess

Agreed. Robbie Lawler will never be a man of many words but he has already earned his place in my book as one of the most bad ass Champions the UFC has ever had. Gimmicks and marketing can only take u so far.

Ronda has a personality and she's in exciting fights (huge mismatches). MM fights are usually boring as fuck, that's why he's not getting any love. Great fighter, yes, but I wouldn't care if he never fought again.

Dude, Rogan is constantly nuthugging Mighty Mouse. Even last night he kept going on and on about how he is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC.

Hey did you know that they pay Joe Rogan to hype up the UFC and its fighters?

The reason I'm never really pumped for a DJ title defense is because he kinda has that GSP factor of going in with a game plan to neutralize his opponent. He finds a weakness in their game and exploits it, and that's not always super fun to watch, but that's how you gotta be if you wanna keep that strap.. The difference is that DJ will go for the finish IF he sees an opportunity.

I think it's time we face the fact that a gimmick that hits the right notes is always going to draw a lot more than objectively high quality fighting. The same thing applies to most sports, though, it's far more pronounced in MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back