Ronda is now tied with Mighty Mouse for title defenses yet still no love for DJ

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It amazes me how so many mma "fans" buy into Ronda Rousey yet shy away from a dominant champion like Demetrious Johnson. He has time and time again put on amazing demonstrations of a complete mma skill set and always works for the finish.

Why is it that so many people are willing to watch Ronda fight but yet not wanting to watch Mighty Mouse?

He weighs 125 and is like 5 feet.

Not saying I don't think he's not one of the best I'm just saying that's why people don't like him.

The women's and men's divisions shouldn't be compared like that. Too many variables for an even remotely meaningful comparison.

DJ fights are always boring to watch

MM is not going to the credit he deserves and Ronda will continue to get hyperbole and praise nearly to the point of worship ( See Rogan).
Sometimes makes it hard to be a fan of this sport, but at least we can choose who we watch.

Well for one, Rousey's 5 title defenses lasted less than one of DJ's.

Because he's so small that his fight appear borderline freakshow

He weighs 125 and is like 5 feet.

Not saying I don't think he's not one of the best I'm just saying that's why people don't like him.

No I hear you, especially given the mma fan base and our focus on how thick solid and tight fighters are.

The duration of every Ronda fight ever = less than the duration of one Demetrius Johnson fight. She's finished every opponent, most in around a minute or less. DJ's first 10 fights in the WEC and UFC went the distance, except for one win by guillotine. He's become a more exciting guy and is getting some great finishes, but no one in MMA has dominated their opponents as quickly and thoroughly as Ronda has.

dillashaw is entertaining.
mcgregor is entertaining.

DJ is not.

Also, Ronda wins her fight in 10 seconds.

The duration of every Ronda fight ever = less than the duration of one Demetrius Johnson fight. She's finished every opponent, most in around a minute or less. DJ's first 10 fights in the WEC and UFC went the distance, except for one win by guillotine. He's become a more exciting guy and is getting some great finishes, but no one in MMA has dominated their opponents as quickly and thoroughly as Ronda has.

Ronda is also fighting what would be considered journeymen if it weren't for the fact that the women's division is still relatively new.

MM is not giving himself up out there.

What I don't understand is that every fucking champ out there have that champ status to show off in hollywood (and everywhere else) yet only a handful are prepared to do that, Ronda, Chuck and McGregor being some of the few. Guess what those have in common?

Not saying it's totally their fault, but fuck it, time and time again it's been shown that Zuffa will only market you as a fighter only this much and the rest has to be done by you and your manager.

Some of them are smart - they're making a name out there among the mortals. Most of them though, they're just sitting on their asses or training their asses off, expecting someone else to do that for them. Guess what, it's not gonna happen - you want to be famous and make money, make a name, then you'll get some money.

Also, MM, well, the dude is one of the most boring champs I've ever seen and also, it doesn't help that he's tiny. Not that I care about size, but it helps to big, and if you're big, you need to market yourself a bit more. Conor or Ronda aren't huge by any means, yet they succeeded. Follow their steps.

Back