Ronda is fighting the best female athletes availible?

Wmma is an utter joke and should be kept seperately from MMA and all is good.

Wmma is an utter joke and should be kept seperately from MMA and all is good.

Agreed. Let these smelly neck-beards jerk off to ugly women "athletes" windmilling arm punches at each other in their own organization.

Rousey beating soccer moms under 1 minute is basically like Royce Gracie beating clueless cans at UFC 1.

That was impressive back in 1993, fans weren't educated and didn't know most of these guys had no technique, were bar brawlers and couldn't fight for shit. These days, fans have seen 20years+ of MMA and they notice the lack of skill and talent in WMMA. I'm mildy impressed by a girl who beats soccer moms who trained MMA for 2 years and can't even throw a straight, can't throw a jab and can't defend a TD properly, sorry.

She's the biggest fish in a very very very shallow pond
\
MMA is never going to be huge with women. Boys wrestle and fight very early on while females, on average, don't gravitate to that. It is biology. There are some females who will want to fight but that will be a minority. You can spend a day in any preschool and see the differences in boys and girls. MMA may select out the best MMA athletes, women who want to fight but I imagine someone like Serena Williams doing MMA from age 4 would be awfully good. Ronda has been doing Judo a long time and it is such an advantage. It wasn't long ago that virtually all the top mens tennis stars were rich kids because you had to start young and have lessons and camps to develop. You also don't see many golfers coming from the ghetto. I tried to take up golf in my 30's and had a coach and he said if males haven't started with a coach by 12 they will always be hackers. When you are young you need form, when older they use strength.

The only professional athlete she's beaten is McMann (Olympic athlete).

But, either way, she would dominate most professional athletes in her weight class if they stepped into the octagon today. So this question is pointless and these types of threads are never ending.

give a Romanian gold medal gymnast 12 months of MMA training they would take her out

Wow... Keep that gender hate strong. What are your thoughts on minorities also?

I think they should do what I tell them to until they are 18 and then they should get the fuck out of my house.

I train with one of the best Brazilian Jiujitsu teams in the world with top BJJ competitors, but that doesn't mean I am a world champion.

I'm not saying that. I'm calling BS on the statement that fighters are "clueless" as UFC 1 fighters were against royce gracie. Everybody knows they need to train their BJJ, their wrestling, boxing, conditioning nowadays. Theres no mysteries. Its nothing like the royce days.

Rousey beating soccer moms under 1 minute is basically like Royce Gracie beating clueless cans at UFC 1.

That was impressive back in 1993, fans weren't educated and didn't know most of these guys had no technique, were bar brawlers and couldn't fight for shit. These days, fans have seen 20years+ of MMA and they notice the lack of skill and talent in WMMA. I'm mildy impressed by a girl who beats soccer moms who trained MMA for 2 years and can't even throw a straight, can't throw a jab and can't defend a TD properly, sorry.

She's the biggest fish in a very very very shallow pond

Im offended by this.

Maybe youre just ignorant to the history but some of the guys Gracie beat in UFC 1-2 were legit competitors in combat sports. Its not their fault they hadn't yet been exposed to BJJ. Ken Shammy, Remco Pardoe, and Pat Smith were wrecking dudes in their background martial art. To say these guys were just can's is to diminish Royces accomplishment as well as those fighters who went to a No Holds Barred tourney where they literally may have died to represent their fighting style.

Shame on you.

That being said Rousey is facing the fiercest competition she can at her weight class. WMMA is still only a few years old, hell even MMA is only about 20 years old itself and Rousey is facing the biggest fish in the pond (even though I can admit its not that big of a pond today) but you have to give credit where credit is due.

such idiotic bullshit

female mma is filled with legit long time competitors, Bethe wasn't one of them but now the rejects who hate Ronda mainstream mma success are desperately and unsuccessfully trying to paint the rest with the same brush

comparison to waitresses or ufc 1 are beyond moronic

Except by UFC 5 Shamrock learned how to not get subbed by Royce. Ronda has been beating chicks in MMA for 4 years and she is more dominant now than ever. The Royce comparison is dumb.

Except people were trying different things on Royce to find out what worked and because of the variety of backgrounds Royce was fighting against.

So far, all of the wbw have tried the same shit. Run at her, try to hit her with a big, sloppy punch, miss then either get knocked or get tossed. Because most of wbw have the same background, nothing.

Only Serena is like that. A beast.

And she beats the rest like Ronda beats the UFC women.

Are you saying only Serena can give Ronda trouble?

Serena, Like ROnda was trained by a crazy parent since she was a little kid.

Serena and Venus were only allowed to play against men when they were young so they would learn to play like men.

such idiotic bullshit

female mma is filled with legit long time competitors, Bethe wasn't one of them but now the rejects who hate Ronda mainstream mma success are desperately and unsuccessfully trying to paint the rest with the same brush

comparison to waitresses or ufc 1 are beyond moronic

You do know Bethe ranked #5 in her division, right?

135 pounds is probably the average female size meaning it allows the majority of women to compete?

Women don't have many avenues for professional sport, so where are they going to go?

Obviously MMA?

So the talent pool at 135 must be huge, it's just Ronda happens to be the GOAT female fighter?

We are watching what it was like to see Fedor blast through the best HW in the world 10 years ago right here?

But I suspect Rousey retires before her abilities dip like Fedor and her mystique will remain as the greatest fighter that ever lived?

135LBS is not the average size female. Average height for a woman is just over 5'4" in the US or Canada and even shorter in countries like Brazil or Japan.

A woman that height that's in fight shape typically weighs between 110-130lbs depending on their muscle mass, which means most average sized woman fight at 115lbs or even smaller.

Honda is a big girl. You're just used to seeing fat asses that don't eat right or exercise everyday.

The average sized man that's in fight shape weighs around 180-150 depending on muscle mass, which means the bulk of average sized guys would be 145 or 155ers.

Back