Ronda is fighting the best female athletes availible?

I'm confused by use of question marks in the OP here?

Your sentences seem to be statements of opinion, but they end with question marks?

I can't tell if you're trying to tell us something or ask us something?

Yes! She's fighting the cream of the crop!

I wish I could falsely believe all of these WMMA fighters are really good and make Ronda seem even better.

I unfortunately have watched them on TV and unfortunately I cannot convince my brain of such lies.

If most champs fought any contender the way Ronda fought Bethe, they would no longer be champ. There's a reason for that and it's not because Ronda is so good.

No athlete is stepping in the cage and doing well without at least a year of training. There are skills involved that need to be learned. Serena is an awesome athlete, but she isn't just stepping in to the cage and beating a top 20 fighter.

No MMA division, regardless of gender has the best athletes available. These threads make my head hurt.

I'm confused by use of question marks in the OP here?

Your sentences seem to be statements of opinion, but they end with question marks?

I can't tell if you're trying to tell us something or ask us something?

It's kind of like that Family Guy where Brian starts dating Jillian and Stewie teases him that everything she says ends with an upward inflection plus a question mark.

TS has the same level of intelligence as Jillian too. Sherdog has some VERY special people posting here.

You seem to underestimate how few women want to get punched in the face for a living.

Have you seen women's tennis?

Way more athletic and skilled talent pool.

You know, people that actually grew up doing that sport instead of starting 4 years ago to get in shape.

Lol this is a pretty good point though.

Comparatively, even the 20th-seed women's tennis players at any major international comp are better athletes P4P than R3. And as you mentioned, much deeper pool -- even the consistent high performers are challenged and beaten from time to time, or at least to the equivalent of losing a round in MMA which Ronda has yet to come close to doing.

I just don't get this level of competition argument. She is facing the best of the best at 135. If everyone looks like garbage and she looks amazing, then what makes you think the level of competition is bad? WMMA looks bad for the most part and you have these random girls like Ronda and JJ that shine above everyone else.

It's like saying Joe DiMaggio sucked because he never had to face a prime Pedro Martinez. You play to your competition. If you are ridiculously better than everyone else, then that makes you a legend. Royce Gracie is no less a legend because he couldn't compete today. In the mid 90's he was the best in the world and that's all you can compare him to.

I don't see anyone saying that Jon Jones sucked because he didn't want to fight Cain at catchweight. Yet for some reason Ronda is ducking Cyborg? Ronda is the 135lb champion. If you want to beat her, then go to 135 and take her belt. She's not ducking shit. It's like saying RDA is ducking Lawler and Lawler is ducking Weidman. It's a stupid argument.

WMMA just might not be that good and if you are the shit in an era where no one else is, then that makes you the best.

But apparently Ronda sucks because she's not fighting hypothetical fighters that don't exist yet.

Last edited:
Rousey beating soccer moms under 1 minute is basically like Royce Gracie beating clueless cans at UFC 1.

Clueless? They train at some of the best fight teams, with world class fighters & trainers. Theyre not Tank Abbott who trained in an alley behind a bar.

Clueless? They train at some of the best fight teams, with world class fighters & trainers. Theyre not Tank Abbott who trained in an alley behind a bar.

I train with one of the best Brazilian Jiujitsu teams in the world with top BJJ competitors, but that doesn't mean I am a world champion.

Only Serena is like that. A beast.

And she beats the rest like Ronda beats the UFC women.

Are you saying only Serena can give Ronda trouble?

I know this comparison well and Serena's pales in comparison to Ronda's.

Ronda is making a complete mockery of her division and thats not her fault. Its underdeveloped because the pool for talent is extremely small and likely to stay that way. It is becoming more marketable I suppose but you're never going to have a talent pool in women's the way you will for men. Thats why I rarely watch this shit. The clip of Ronda disheveling Betch was the most Ive seen in years very honestly.

The UFC has a real dilemma on their hands with Ronda. Obviously because they have no one to match her with.

Meisha Tate for the 3rd time? Are you fucking kidding me? This is retarded. If they try and main card this noise Ill be so so so disappointed.

Back