Ronda is being selfish by not promoting and it's great

Look how the media crucified her what do you think she is going to do just come out and fucking give hugs ?

dnb-league-logo.gif

No promoting is kind of the best promotion she could do

No one will want to watch UFC 207 if she breaks down crying during a interview when asked about being destroyed by Holly.

I agree. The silence is genius, wether she meant it to be or not.

This approach has definitely ratcheted up the pressure on her but this fight is do or die for her no matter how much press she does or doesn't do.

The positive side is she seems to really finally understand that she has to do what makes her happy first and not what media type or "fans"/haters wants.

Moment of truth for her coming up

I'm a fan of this tactic. Who the fuck wants to do extra work for absolutely no money? If Honda was writing her own checks like Floyd, she would promote the shit out of her fights. And fuck off with "that ppv share is why she'd want to" bullshit.

Ronda took the Holly fight on short notice as a replacement fight in order to save the card? Is this your take on how that whole thing went down? You have been misinformed. But you are right about one thing, that Ronda was not prepared. Clearly she couldn't handle the pressures of being a champion, like press conferences, being interviewed, etc.

So what? She's a multi million dollar athlete with one loss on her record. As long as she shows up to fight that's all that anyone can ask.

except that less than what any reasonable promotion has asked of their stars.

I'm a fan of this tactic. Who the fuck wants to do extra work for absolutely no money? If Honda was writing her own checks like Floyd, she would promote the shit out of her fights. And fuck off with "that ppv share is why she'd want to" bullshit.

Well the thought is if she is getting PPV points she will want to help promote it for more money.

She's a pretty selfish girl to begin with so Im not sure what the point is here

"After the Olympics, they wanted me to do Oprah, I didn't want too.. I had to do it for my coaches and stuff. I shyed away from any media, I don't want to do any of that but with Women's MMA, the sport is reliant on media, I have to do it now"

You can guys paint this however you want, but if Rousey was likable, if she wasn't dropped by Holly, this wouldn't be a discussion. Rousey understands the value of promotion, not just for herself, for MMA.

But she got hers and we were mean.

Last edited:
I think she didn't want to do a lot of promoting in the weeks before the fight so she could concentrate on her fight prep. She's not doing media during fight week out of vindictiveness.

ITT nobody has noticed that there is a Conor quote mirroring what Rousey is now doing.

Who wants to see/hear Ronda outside the cage anyway? She's is an awful, unfunny human being.

it's not some kind of genius plan she's doing. She's just mentally and emotionally unable to cope with the pressure of promoting.

Pretty wild she's had 7 fights in the UFC and all the media attention, commercials, rolling on the beach naked posing for magazines never bothered her til Holm kicked her face off. Smh get real. I can't wait for her to get her ass handed to her again

Didn't really read the whole thing, but quite simply you're wrong.

She doesn't get paid to promote? How wrong you are.

Promotion sells the event, you get a large PPV %, then you are making yourself more money by proxy of promoting. I guarantee the less promotion she does, the less headlines, the less capturing of casual interest and the PPV market is not made up of just hardcores. The reason why Ronda sells upward of a million is because she has a huge casual fanbase and not just a truly hardcore one like fans of someone like Nunes.

She is costing herself and she doesn't even know it yet, because her arrogant self cannot see past her nose.

I agree with you on being paid for promotion through increased PPV buys and that Ronda has a casual fan base. That being said, do you believe casual fans are reading/watching interviews on sites such as MMA Mania or MMA Fighting? I don't. I think they're watching interviews on shows such as Ellen, Conan, The Tonight Show, etc. If the goal is to get casuals to watch her fight then the smart and efficient thing to do is to appear on mainstream talk shows which she did.

Now the argument could be made that doing interviews with MMA journalists will promote the fight to hardcore fans. However, like it or not, we all know every hardcore already knows she's fighting and already have an opinion on whether they want to watch her fight or not. She doesn't need to do an interview for hardcore fans to buy the PPV.

Back