Ronda is being selfish by not promoting and it's great

War Pig

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ronda finally realized she wasn't getting paid to promote, she was getting paid to fight and win and the endless promoting was taking away from her fight preparation. It's no secret she was not prepared in her last fight against Holly and she took it on short notice as a replacement fight in order to help the UFC save a card.

She's not the only UFC star to be run into the ground. Conor went through the same thing until he missed a press conference for UFC 200 and was pulled from the card. He went on to say he was done with MMA, before he backtracked. Here was his statement at the time.

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
Nothing else was going through my mind.
It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life.
Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
I'm coming for my revenge here.
I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
But it was denied.
There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
And all with one tweet.
Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
I must isolate myself now.
I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
I can not dance for you this time.
It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
He came in with no shit to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
I'm doing what I need for me now.
It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/2...ues-statement-after-being-pulled-from-ufc-200

Ronda talked to Conor after this all happened and gave him some advice.

“Instead of trying to handle everything at once, while it’s coming at you, just try to reach an agreement beforehand,” Rousey told him at a Bud Light commercial taping in Las Vegas a month after he was pulled, according to an ESPN article published Thursday.

http://nesn.com/2016/12/ronda-rousey-offered-conor-mcgregor-advice-after-he-was-pulled-from-ufc-200/

Ronda took her own advice and added a no media clause in her latest fight contract so she could concentrate on her training and the improvements she has to make. Fighters like Conor and Ronda have carried the UFC for years and a lot of people have made money off of them and that includes all these media types that don't know shit about mma and don't want to know. If they feel their preparation for fights is starting to suffer they have earned the right to be a little selfish and forego the endless promoting.

Hopefully this ends the talk of why Ronda isn't flying all over the country doing interviews and taking time away from the most important fight of her career. Like Conor, Ronda has a huge fanbase on social media and can reach more people with a 10 second tweet than somebody like Nunes can reach by spending her entire day in an ESPN studio, in what ultimately ends up being a 15 minute spot, answering stupid questions from people that don't know who the fuck she is.

Cemlkmz.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't read

All i know is that she is ugly and weak and I don't mean weak in the legs

No promoting is kind of the best promotion she could do

No one will want to watch UFC 207 if she breaks down crying during a interview when asked about being destroyed by Holly.

it's not some kind of genius plan she's doing. She's just mentally and emotionally unable to cope with the pressure of promoting.

She should have done at least one day before the weigh ins to do press. One hour tops. Answer a few questions. Say shes motivated and in the best shape ever yada yada yada. You don't need to do a 3 month media circus like what they wanted to do with Connor and UFC 200. Those media circuses almost always end up being a bust anyway when a fighter pulls out.

it's not some kind of genius plan she's doing. She's just mentally and emotionally unable to cope with the pressure of promoting.
So what? She's a multi million dollar athlete with one loss on her record. As long as she shows up to fight that's all that anyone can ask.

its great.

for once we dont have to hear her say dumb, insulting, indefensable shit.

She should be able to do some media in the last week. Not like she is going to miss out on any training. It will hurt her own pocketbook when the ppv sales sag.

I'd rather have a fighter go on her merit istead of their promotional ability.

....the only ones who should really care about promotional push are the UFC.

Fans should just care about the fights, not the UFC profit margin.

Ronda finally realized she wasn't getting paid to promote, she was getting paid to fight and win and the endless promoting was taking away from her fight preparation.
Considering it was in her contract at the time to do media, I'm pretty sure she was being paid to promote.

She's not talking to the media because she can't handle taking questions about Holly beating her up. And boy was it a good beating.

No matter how much TS and the rest of the Knights of Ronda try to dress it up, that's all it is.

Good attempt at a thread though.

Better luck next time.

Keep trying.

Didn't really read the whole thing, but quite simply you're wrong.

She doesn't get paid to promote? How wrong you are.

Promotion sells the event, you get a large PPV %, then you are making yourself more money by proxy of promoting. I guarantee the less promotion she does, the less headlines, the less capturing of casual interest and the PPV market is not made up of just hardcores. The reason why Ronda sells upward of a million is because she has a huge casual fanbase and not just a truly hardcore one like fans of someone like Nunes.

She is costing herself and she doesn't even know it yet, because her arrogant self cannot see past her nose.

Back