Ronda is a product of the UFC

She was pretty well known before she got to the UFC. Obviously her popularity spiked for her first UFC match, but she got a lot of hype for her Tate and Kaufam fights in Strikeforce.

I remember hearing a bunch of hype for her back in Amateurs.

wuOj

Sherdog thread from 2010:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12/ronda-rousey-mma-debut-8-6-10-a-1315357/

Last edited:
Part of the reason she gets roles in movies and commercials is because she has an audience already (MMA fans), so the hardcore fans are far from irrelevant. Same reason why the rock is such a huge action star, he had all those wwe fans watching his movies and eventually got enough attention to increase that fan base. It is also the reason why Brock and Ken Shamrock were such big draws in MMA after their wwe days.

I do agree that the ufc brand has played a big role in why she is so far ahead of Gina carano acting wise though.

How is she ahead? Carano has starred in multiple movies and is still getting roles in big ones

I don't recall the UFC ever needing to spend a million dollars to build her

Whats the point of this thread. You can make that case for any popular fighter except Brock. UFC has lots of fighters but only an elite few achieve stardom on her level. The truth is Ronda has the talent, dedication and charisma and UFC has the channels. It takes both and she is every bit as deserving as anyone is.

This is what a FOX Noob's thread is like.

She obviously has the hype machine behind her. Even Dan Le Batard on ESPN today said she is a tomato can crusher. She's beating a bunch of nobodies and most non-MMA fans are eating it up because they know little to nothing about the sport. It's a shame to be honest, but hey a white blonde girl who posses naked in front of magazines is gaining fame by beating a bunch of shmows, so be it. One can only hope people will understand who she is beating, and not how she is doing it.

TS must be a product of poor genetics. :icon_chee

Let's be honest, UFC made her and is the only reason for her popularity.

If UFC never brought in WMMA and she just KO'd Bethe in Invicta nobody would care.

#UFCBless

Yes I agree. She's the main product of UFC now.

I don't think the org would have mattered. It's the way she walking through the competition. I wouldn't give all credit to the UFC.

I disagree, just as with Gina before her the mainstream media has given a lot of exposure to Ronda. The idea of a pretty good looking woman fighter simply sells much better than any male MMA fighter on chat shows or news reports to non MMA fans.

Uhhhhh..... she was in strike force headlining a card with Tate before UFC son..... If you watched mma outside of UFC before 2012 you would know that she was well on hee way to be a star, the UFC also knew it.

How is she ahead? Carano has starred in multiple movies and is still getting roles in big ones

Ronda has already been in multiple highly talked about movies while Gina has been in one fast and furious movie and Gina had a huge head start. Ronda is all over commercials and late night talk shows as well, which makes her far more visible to the casuals. Ronda's people have handled her career far better than Gina's have. Ronda also has an autobiography and will be in her biopic. Gina could definitely do better for herself if the kickboxer remake and deadpool are any good.

So my dad finally watched Ronda fight and he commented how terrible her boxing is and what a joke the fight looked like. He said he also watched "the Polish Woman" and she looked pretty good. His dad was a pro boxer and he is a big boxing fan.

Let's be honest, UFC made her and is the only reason for her popularity.

If UFC never brought in WMMA and she just KO'd Bethe in Invicta nobody would care.

#UFCBless

Ronda was a star before the UFC. Dana even said he bought into it cause of her.

Mcgregor is a product of the UFC.

So my dad finally watched Ronda fight and he commented how terrible her boxing is and what a joke the fight looked like. He said he also watched "the Polish Woman" and she looked pretty good. His dad was a pro boxer and he is a big boxing fan.

My dad does the same thing with Mayweather fights. Points out how bad his grappling is and what a joke his base is. His dad was an Olympic wrestler and he is a big wrestling fan.

...I then remind him that these are two different sports.

you are only proving my point. Casual appeal would be massively limited and she would never be a major star. UFC made her the star that she is.

So you hope and pray that Ronda loses every time she's up to fight, then when she crushes her opponent you just resort to discrediting her star power?
By your logic every star athlete in history is owes their fame to their platform. And if this is true, then why single out Ronda?

How could you be such a hater good lord this site is full of you puss*es.

She obviously has the hype machine behind her. Even Dan Le Batard on ESPN today said she is a tomato can crusher. She's beating a bunch of nobodies and most non-MMA fans are eating it up because they know little to nothing about the sport. It's a shame to be honest, but hey a white blonde girl who posses naked in front of magazines is gaining fame by beating a bunch of shmows, so be it. One can only hope people will understand who she is beating, and not how she is doing it.

Dan Lebatard said that? Shit bro it must be a fact then. I've noticed that all the great fighters are can crushers. Are we all believing a lie?????? Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Back