Ronda has never trained at a real MMA gym for a full camp

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
I think if Ronda trained at a real gym that was wrestling heavy like AKA, she would have been unbeaten her whole career.

I'm not even a Ronda fan. I'm glad she got destroyed and retired. But it is still unfortunate that she has never trained at a real gym and had a real mma coach in her career.

Yea she should've went to a real legit gym years ago.With some good striking she would be unbeatable.Its her own fault for staying with Edmond all these years.

I think if Ronda trained at a real gym that was wrestling heavy like AKA, she would have been unbeaten her whole career.
She reportedly has terrible knees that prevent her from shooting.

So full legit camp Ronda was born.

I'm not even a Ronda fan. I'm glad she got destroyed and retired. But it is still unfortunate that she has never trained at a real gym and had a real mma coach in her career.
Her Mother put it best.... She did what she did because of her past... She lost because of the PARASITES around her now... Edmunc and Browne

AciSLTw.jpg

If Ronda trained at AKA this fight wouldn't happen due to injury

I've seen footage of her rolling with Melendez, Diaz, Moussasi, the Gracies, boxing with Lucia Rjiker, etc. A number of mma fighters have fought out of the same gym. She's had first rate training since she was a little kid. A trainer can't help everything. When Conor was throwing water bottles, if she was there she would have been hit in the face without moving her head or hand to block.

Ronda's KO of Bethe Corriea gave her false confidence that her striking/boxing was now a game changer when it really was a bad striker who just a little better than the other bad striker. Truth is Ronda never evolved as a fighter accept getting better at arm barring her talent was limited at Glendale Fighting Club.

The idea you need to be in an actual establish camp is bullshit. You just need decent decent coaches who can bring in the appropriate sparring partners. MMA fighters do it because most are broke as fuck.

If I was around Ronda... I'd convince her that this loss was inevitable... due to a lack of skills from her coach, and especially not to retire!. Hollywood at this point will simply give her scraps that she'll have to eat with no leverage... and that's a chick who just made $3mil! Move to another gym, get some win, maybe get your belt back... and then go to Hollywood! There's no way this chick can withstand the grind & politics of the WWE. Unfortunately, if she didn't listen to her mom... who will she listen to?

Oh I agree. If she dropped that scrub Edmond she would do much better. Her fault.

If I was around Ronda... I'd convince her that this loss was inevitable... due to a lack of skills from her coach, and especially not to retire!. Hollywood at this point will simply give her scraps that she'll have to eat with no leverage... and that's a chick who just made $3mil! Move to another gym, get some win, maybe get your belt back... and then go to Hollywood! There's no way this chick can withstand the grind & politics of the WWE. Unfortunately, if she didn't listen to her mom... who will she listen to?

Hollywood is not an option! That whole thing was available because she as thought invincible! Any vulnerability shown and it was gone! Now she can only hope for roles opposite Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dolph Lundgren, and Sensei Seagal straight to DVD!

ronda can't be outside when her paperboy throws the newspaper because it might hit her in the face.

I don't understand the Hollywood fetish. She's not an actress at all. She's proven to be a one-dimensional fighter whose heavy hands and chin have been her only standup attributes. She's first and foremost a combat athlete and somehow she forgot that and got caught up in being an ambassador for women in the sport.

Is this an excuse thread? Ronda has no boxing skills. She has NO defense against anything more than cupcake-grade striking. This would take years to develop IF she has the potential--not just a good camp. Ask CM Punk about that. Ronda is done. The key has been found. She is nothing more than a gatekeeper to the contender circle if she stays in. After saying that, she picked up the torch of women's MMA from Carano and held it high for a long time--a prettty good athlete and showman. It's what WMMA needed.

Back