Ronda, Edmond, Boxing and False Hope

Mug

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This all just proves one point that padwork doesn't = great striking.

But, my question is, what exactly is Edmond doing in that gym with her. She clearly can't be sparring much and even if she is she is getting let to win every single time.

Edmond seems to do everything to make Ronda think she's training and hard and improving when in reality she is probably regressing, he must have cult leader type charisma, or Ronda is that stubborn and narcissistic that no-one in the gym takes either aside and questions it. Not even Travis who's experience at Jacksons.
tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o2_250.gif

Watching her on the pads always annoys me. Casuals and woman watch this and think omg she is a destroyer. In reality she has 0 footwork apart from a leap forward at the end, Edmond throws a hook that she literally doesn't need to move from so its null and void and lastly she uses a stance that she doesn't use in cage so it's pointless anyways.

Every training footage she has is unrecognisable in the cage, she just bounces up and down looking lost since she's fought strikers she can't grab. The only real punch she threw was a terrible slapping right hook. This shows she is not sparring, she isn't tightening up her technique in practice so real life happens and real punches happen it's over with.

I've never liked Ronda but after last night I almost felt for her she has been brainwashed almost by a coach who tells her everything she wants to hear and more because 1. he wants to bang her 2. she's a paycheque

The UFC, Dana or WME-IMG, her representatives, should've really stepped in and saved her the embarrassment of an incompetent coach who does her no good, it's terrible because she does have a real talent and after so many years has shown no improvements in other areas. But, now she will retire with two of the worst dominant beatdowns against her and fade into obscurity.

Obligatory, Thanks Edmond

Long post, I realise. Let the didn't read gifs commence

She didn't even duck that punch he threw. He just put it over her head lol.

but ronda spars with world champion boxers, and she wins every round! and she drops world champion boxers with body shots!

there has never been another human being like her in the history of the universe.

Everything you're saying is true TS. The problem is, this was all evident over a year ago. How the hell could she stay with that clown Edmond?

I think Ronda still has talent as you said. Mentally Is one thing but if she moves away from Edmond to another camp and works on improving her striking to the point where she doesn't get koed in 45 seconds and instead uses it to set up her judo then she has potential.

This all just proves one point that padwork doesn't = great striking.

But, my question is, what exactly is Edmond doing in that gym with her. She clearly can't be sparring much and even if she is she is getting let to win every single time.

Edmond seems to do everything to make Ronda think she's training and hard and improving when in reality she is probably regressing, he must have cult leader type charisma, or Ronda is that stubborn and narcissistic that no-one in the gym takes either aside and questions it. Not even Travis who's experience at Jacksons.
tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o2_250.gif

Watching her on the pads always annoys me. Casuals and woman watch this and think omg she is a destroyer. In reality she has 0 footwork apart from a leap forward at the end, Edmond throws a hook that she literally doesn't need to move from so its null and void and lastly she uses a stance that she doesn't use in cage so it's pointless anyways.

Every training footage she has is unrecognisable in the cage, she just bounces up and down looking lost since she's fought strikers she can't grab. The only real punch she threw was a terrible slapping right hook. This shows she is not sparring, she isn't tightening up her technique in practice so real life happens and real punches happen it's over with.

I've never liked Ronda but after last night I almost felt for her she has been brainwashed almost by a coach who tells her everything she wants to hear and more because 1. he wants to bang her 2. she's a paycheque

The UFC, Dana or WME-IMG, her representatives, should've really stepped in and saved her the embarrassment of an incompetent coach who does her no good, it's terrible because she does have a real talent and after so many years has shown no improvements in other areas. But, now she will retire with two of the worst dominant beatdowns against her and fade into obscurity.

Obligatory, Thanks Edmond
I agree 100%. 0 footwork or head movement . She looked just as lost as she did against Holm. Shame on Edmond.

Everything you're saying is true TS. The problem is, this was all evident over a year ago. How the hell could she stay with that clown Edmond?
It's criminal. There should be a Ronda Act introduced (like the Ali Act) where a promoter or manager or such like can stop a fighter training at gyms like this.
As soon as there was a video of Edmond doing Wushu and talking about it seriously, Dana should have veto'd GFC and moved Ronda elsewhere

I think Ronda still has talent as you said. Mentally Is one thing but if she moves away from Edmond to another camp and works on improving her striking to the point where she doesn't get koed in 45 seconds and instead uses it to set up her judo then she has potential.
I really don't think she will ever be mentally prepared again which is the sad part.

You're right she should just accept shes not a boxer or striker in any way and just be flat footed (sounds stupid but her bouncing up and down on the outside does nothing) and pressure into the clinch with more intelligent defence, instead of sticking her arms out and turning her face away like amateurs do when first punched, kinda like Dong Hyun Kim last night.

He just walked straight towards Saffedine traded the odd punch and clinched at will, this is what Ronda needs against the new talented strikers to defend, pressure and clinch. The problem is her ability to even clinch has gone she was just grabbing at Nunes' arms hoping it would work and lifting her leg up which was an obvious attempt at defending herself.

Has she maybe focused so much on striking she's rusty i her Judo, she couldn't even take Holly down.

I really don't think she will ever be mentally prepared again which is the sad part.

You're right she should just accept shes not a boxer or striker in any way and just be flat footed (sounds stupid but her bouncing up and down on the outside does nothing) and pressure into the clinch with more intelligent defence, instead of sticking her arms out and turning her face away like amateurs do when first punched, kinda like Dong Hyun Kim last night.

He just walked straight towards Saffedine traded the odd punch and clinched at will, this is what Ronda needs against the new talented strikers to defend, pressure and clinch. The problem is her ability to even clinch has gone she was just grabbing at Nunes' arms hoping it would work and lifting her leg up which was an obvious attempt at defending herself.

Has she maybe focused so much on striking she's rusty i her Judo, she couldn't even take Holly down.
You are right. I too think her Judo has degraded (even though I think she's just facing opponents who trained to defend it properly unlike past opponents). She does have power in her hands, and in theory because of that she does have potential in her striking as well, but she needs to concentrate her striking to a point where she doesn't get starched, kinda like Damien Maia. What camp you think would best for her? Her wrestling is nonexistent as well.

You are right. I too think her Judo has degraded (even though I think she's just facing opponents who trained to defend it properly unlike past opponents). She does have power in her hands, and in theory because of that she does have potential in her striking as well, but she needs to concentrate her striking to a point where she doesn't get starched, kinda like Damien Maia. What camp you think would best for her? Her wrestling is nonexistent as well.

Kings - and it's closer to her house than Glendale. But I think she is out of MMA and probably out of the public spotlight for good. She has between $10-15 million, she will go back to school, have kids and have some interesting stories to tell her grandchildren.

I'm not even sure at this point obviously Jacksons are out the question since Holly. I wonder if she would only move if Travis did too?
I seem to remember Schaub saying her knees are shot so we won't be seeing her shoot doubles any time soon which is even worse since it means her only option is clinching which means more chance of getting hit.
Maybe someone like Jason Parillo, he seemed to have done wonders for Bispings boxing even though it was already pretty good. Ronda probably wouldn't be a good fit most places due to her attitude as well and a lot of coaches will still try to get her footwork upto par and striking but she just isn't naturally good at it.
I asked this before the fight as well, do you think her chin would be cracked? wasn't sure how women recover from KO's. Do you think Nunes just hits that hard like Miesha said or she's just done

I'm not even sure at this point obviously Jacksons are out the question since Holly. I wonder if she would only move if Travis did too?
I seem to remember Schaub saying her knees are shot so we won't be seeing her shoot doubles any time soon which is even worse since it means her only option is clinching which means more chance of getting hit.
Maybe someone like Jason Parillo, he seemed to have done wonders for Bispings boxing even though it was already pretty good. Ronda probably wouldn't be a good fit most places due to her attitude as well and a lot of coaches will still try to get her footwork upto par and striking but she just isn't naturally good at it.
I asked this before the fight as well, do you think her chin would be cracked? wasn't sure how women recover from KO's. Do you think Nunes just hits that hard like Miesha said or she's just done
Amanda hits hard. Luckily Herb Dean saved Ronda from further damage (her damage from Holm could have still been present without detection as well). She needs to rest up if she's coming back. And I agree with @platypus44 kings would be great for her and it's still in California. But if I were in her position I'd move to Thailand for a year or two and practice my Muay Thai (helps with clinch game and stand up) and travel to other places to keep my jiu jitsu/judo skills up to date. She's still in the age where she can legit take 2 years off and work on her skills, she'd be like 31 and in her prime when she truly returned. But that's assuming she gets through this and wants to compete.

Nunes hits like a Mack truck.

its not edmond
shes just terrible with no boxing talent

Back