Ronda Doesn't Need To Retire

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by pcbh167, Dec 31, 2016.

1. pcbh167

pcbh167 Orange Belt

She could work her way up to another title shot. She could fight Jessica Eye, Ashlee Evan's Smith, Raquel Pennington, Leslie Smith etc and Ronda wouldn't have as much trouble fighting them as opposed to fighting Holly and Nunes.

What do you guys think?

2. Washad

Washad Blue Belt

Wouldn't mind seeing her get KTFO again, so i'm all aboard!

billharford likes this.
  3. PureLite

PureLite Jacked Kangaroo

She's 29. If I was her I'd take a two year trip to Thailand and do nothing but Muay Thai. Come back when she's like 31 in her prime and take a tune up fight and win.

4. FetalDefense

FetalDefense Yellow Belt

I think Dana White's choices as promoter are sometimes suspect. It was in Ronda's and the UFC's best interest to give her a "warm up" fight after a year lay-off and that soul-shattering defeat Holm gave her that caused her to become suicidal. Even the Walking Dead writers aren't this cruel.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    deweydeucalion likes this.
  5. deweydeucalion

deweydeucalion Blue Belt

Not sure if male and female primes are the same. I'm trying to understand why/how Miesha and Ronda appear done so fast.

I don't think R3 could beat Ashlee, Raquel or Smith right now or the near future. They aren't ninjas but they are tough and hit hard.
    R3 just looks lost out there.

6. jamiehunter

jamiehunter Brown Belt

I don't think she needs to retire but I'll be surprised if she doesn't. She's been hinting at retirement for quite a while now so I don't think she was going to fight much longer win or lose.

7. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

McMann seems fine and we've yet to know for sure about Holm but she seemed physically okay against Shev just out-skilled, Tonya Evinger and Barb Honchak were champions in Invicta at similar ages. Reneau is almost 40 and doing okay.

I think Miesha just lost her drive after winning the title and Ronda doesn't spar properly so she's in big trouble against a dangerous striker, you could ask the same about Pettis and Barao seeming done for men.

Also Smith who you mentioned is in her mid-30's.

deweydeucalion likes this.
  8. Voltron

Voltron Green Belt

She needs to get a new fucking camp, so she can evolve as a fighter.
    Is kind of sad that after 3-4 years of fighting she hasn't improve much, she had really bad competition and was kicking soccer moms asses.
    When she finally fought true competition, she got KO'D.