Ronda doesnt need to fight Cyborg

It's funny, hardly anyone who actually opposes the Cyborg match up actually state that Rhonda would win....it's usually just "wahhh wahh come down to 135 wahhh wahh Tate deserves it more"

I actually really want to see the fight, I reckon Rhonda would armbar her personally

I dont oppose the fight, at this point is just Cyborg selling wolf tickets, she had more than 2 years yo make 135 and she is just trying to remain relevant.

If Cyborg makes 135 twice and goes through the random stricter UFC drug testing, then i will like to see it.

It this point its just more blah blah blah from cyborg and her supporters

Also i see Cyborg struggling vs the top 5 BW without her 15-20 pound advantage

Has any fighters fan base not want their fighter to fight someone as much as this? I remember when I was the biggest Roy jones fan, I wanted him to take on the world. I wanted him to fight Lennox Lewis. This whole crying that she shouldn't go above 135, when she already has in the past is pathetic.

I wanna see that fight if it doesnt happen imma be pissed

Has any fighters fan base not want their fighter to fight someone as much as this? I remember when I was the biggest Roy jones fan, I wanted him to take on the world. I wanted him to fight Lennox Lewis. This whole crying that she shouldn't go above 135, when she already has in the past is pathetic.

Your the pathetic sheep buying into Cyborgs wolf tickets. Shes had more than 2 years to make 135 and still doesn't want to figjt without her 15-20 pound advantage.

If Cyborg makes 135 and goes through the random drug testing, which is stricter and includes blood testing now in the UFC. Only then does the fight make sense, Until then Cyborg is selling wolf tickets and a lot of sheep are buying it

Cyborg is ducking 135, so she can fight and enjoy a 15-20 pound advantage at FW but sheep cant see that

Not wanting to give into a cheaterd stupid demands =/= not wanting the fight to happen. I want the fight to happen just so the Justino nut lickers (Ronda haters) would commit mass suicide.

Not wanting to give into a cheaterd stupid demands =/= not wanting the fight to happen. I want the fight to happen just so the Justino nut lickers (Ronda haters) would commit mass suicide.

What demands? Ronda is the one demanding cyborg cut more weight. Cyborg hasn't asked Ronda for anything, other than to step up.

My personal opinion on the matter, and again, I'll stress its my personal opinion and point of view...and that I believe that in fact the fight HAS TO HAPPEN, as apposed to Ronda not needing to fight Cyborg.

Why does it have to happen, because you cannot pretend that someone out there in WMMA, like Cyborg, doesn't exist. You cannot pretend that someone out there, a woman fighter is dominating her opponents, her weight class and has been doing it for 10 years. Its an inescapable FACT.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the topic, when its all said and done, if Ronda does not fight Cyborg, Cyborg will always be a thorn In Ronda's side for the rest of her life when concerning anything related to her career as a MMA fighter.

You can only do so much as the UFC is doing to market a fighter like Ronda as the best in the world, and make it seem like she is all by herself, a league of her own...as if someone out there, like Cyborg doesn't exist. You can only blind the sheep for so long.

Its ludicrous. The hardcore fans are not stupid, nor any MMA enthusiast or media expert will pretend that Cyborg doesn't exist.

its a fact, there is a woman fighter out there today, who is absolutely destroying her opposition, on a level we've never seen from any other WMMA fighter, and Ronda may come close, but the sheer brutality of Cyborgs wins are undeniable.

This FIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN. It can happen, and hopefully it will.

The UFC has created this shit storm, and eventually they are going to have to pony it up, and show the world, that Ronda is in fact....THE BEST WMMA FIGHTER IN THE WORLD.

It's that simple.

This whole notion of Ronda having to fight cyborg to cement her legacy as the the greatest mma fighter is a ridicules, outdated notion in these modern times of sport when all an athlete has to do is be successful in their "lane", get rich and get out unscathed while he or she is relatively young. I think ronda doesn't give a rats ass what people may think of her, she won't be pressured into doing something what is not in her self interest. She had already done what she is supposed to do and that is to be the most dominant fighter in her weight class ever. When the history of this sport is written. that will be an indisputable fact. What will Cyborg's legacy be?. She was good but was caught cheating to gain an unfair advantage over overmatched undersized opponents and had a history of coming into her fights overweight. Was Ronda's competition the best, not always. It's unfortunate that she came along in an era when women's mma is still evolving in a lot of ways but that doesn't take away from the fact that what we are witnessing is a once in a lifetime athlete. If you consider all the factors that made ronda who she is today. You realize she is truly unique. So get out of here with "too be truly regarded as the best bullshit". That don't pay the bills.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're not a true MMA fan if you don't want to see this fight happen one way or another.

The fact is, her legacy will always be questioned if she never fights Cyborg.

This whole notion of Ronda having to fight cyborg to cement her legacy as the the greatest mma fighter is a ridicules, outdated notion in these modern times of sport when all an athlete has to do is be successful in their "lane", get rich and get out unscathed while he or she is relatively young. I think ronda doesn't give a rats ass what people may think of her, she won't be pressured into doing something what is not in her self interest. She had already done what she is supposed to do and that is to be the most dominant fighter in her weight class ever. When the history of this sport is written. that will be an indisputable fact. What will Cyborg's legacy be?. She was good but was caught cheating to gain an unfair advantage over overmatched undersized opponents and had a history of coming into her fights overweight. Was Ronda's competition the best, not always. It's unfortunate that she came along in an era when women's mma is still evolving in a lot of ways but that doesn't take away from the fact that what we are witnessing is a once in a lifetime athlete. If you consider all the factors that made ronda who she is today. You realize she is truly unique. So get out of here with "too be truly regarded as the best bullshit". That don't pay the bills.

We dont care cause its been Cyborg holding the fight back for years already. Cyborg can loose some bulk and fight using her skills only at BW or STFU already(as well as the haters)

Y guys argue an argument that u cant win.

its only the haters that think that fight needs to happen. Cyborg needs to prove she wants to go through the UFC stricter random drug testing, fight without her usual 15-20 pound advantage. Only Then the fight needs to happen, Cyborg has no leverage wat so ever after testing positive.

Breaking down their skills, im more impressed with Holms and Nunes, than Cyborg winning cause of her 15-20 pound advantage.

"If and only if" Cyborg can prove to make 135 and is committed to fight at BW, only then will i be interested in the Ronda/Cyborg fight. Untill then all Cyborg does talk talk and talk, she runs her mouth to be relevant and sell her fight on fightpass.
Dana.... relax

Where would they fight above 135 tho? i want to see the fight, dont care what weight class, but you would have to be pretty retarded to not understand why anything above 135 doesnt make sense for the ufc themselves.

Where would they fight above 135 tho? i want to see the fight, dont care what weight class, but you would have to be pretty retarded to not understand why anything above 135 doesnt make sense for the ufc themselves.

Any weight, I don't care. Unless you are using weight to protect your fighter, fans don't care about weight either. The UFC can have them fight at 140, 145, or open weight, it don't matter.

What does the UFC lose by providing the fans what they wanna see? I understand if some Ronda fans are afraid of Cyborg so they don't want the fight to happen, but there are very few of them.

If the goal is to get rich and not get hurt, then she is doing fine. She, nor her fans will ever get to claim GOAT though when she avoided the challenges of her day.

Cyborg signed a contract to make 135.
Cyborg's been saying for 2 years and counting that she was trying to make 135.

2 years and has Cyborg booked ONE fight at even 140? Has she shown the slightest effort to make 135?

I had more sympathy when Cyborg was saying that 135 was impossible and that she was going to die than when she did a 180, said she's making 135, told everyone that she was going to do a test fight at 140, and then signed a contract to fight at 135 and has done ZERO to make it happen.

Rousey-Cyborg will happen some day, but it won't be soon unless Cyborg makes 135.

Otherwise, Cyborg will have to wait for either Rousey's PPV numbers become poor (not happening any time soon), or the 145 division grows enough to support a sustainable division, or until Rousey is about to retire and decides to toss Cyborg a bone on her way out the door.

There is only one thing stopping Cyborg from fighting Rousey sooner rather than later, and that's Cyborg.

Any weight, I don't care. Unless you are using weight to protect your fighter, fans don't care about weight either. The UFC can have them fight at 140, 145, or open weight, it don't matter.

What does the UFC lose by providing the fans what they wanna see? I understand if some Ronda fans are afraid of Cyborg so they don't want the fight to happen, but there are very few of them.

im a cyborg fan, from a business perspective they lose a lot by making the fight in a weight class they dont have. You could have just answered that you are retarded. Either way its tough to explain simple shit to simple minded people on this site

If the goal is to get rich and not get hurt, then she is doing fine. She, nor her fans will ever get to claim GOAT though when she avoided the challenges of her day.

Theres much more evidence of cyborg ducking this fight then the other way around. Problem is the ufc wont let someone fight in their org at super HW to take on werdum either, they would also have to cut to the highest allowable limit in order to keep fighting and making them money after and protecting their assests after they dumb a bunch of money into promoting them. Anyway your not smart you just want to see a fight, thats fine and all, but ufc is a business that generates an income and they are very good at it for a reason. If it doesnt make sense to you thats cool, just dont com off so retarded about a very simple topic

The hype train has already left the station. RR can stick around for a few more fights, avoid the one fighter who WMMA experts (which I am definitely not) think actually has a chance to beat her, get compared to a prime Mike Tyson and then skip off into her next career.

The 800K people who bought her last PPV won't know the difference and are unlikely to care.

So yeah - RR doesn't have to fight Cyborg.

Plus Cyborg is bigger than her.

im a cyborg fan, from a business perspective they lose a lot by making the fight in a weight class they dont have. You could have just answered that you are retarded. Either way its tough to explain simple shit to simple minded people on this site

Your use of personal attacks is an indication that you are losing the debate, and you are one of the simple minded people here. But I'll give you a shot to redeem yourself. Go ahead, explain how making the biggest wmma fight in history is bad business.

Theres much more evidence of cyborg ducking this fight then the other way around. Problem is the ufc wont let someone fight in their org at super HW to take on werdum either, they would also have to cut to the highest allowable limit in order to keep fighting and making them money after and protecting their assests after they dumb a bunch of money into promoting them. Anyway your not smart you just want to see a fight, thats fine and all, but ufc is a business that generates an income and they are very good at it for a reason. If it doesnt make sense to you thats cool, just dont com off so retarded about a very simple topic

First rule of accusing someone of not being smart, get your spelling correct dummy.

You're* not very smart.

Ronda fans want her to fight Cyborg.. Just at 135, in ufc, for the title.. Not at some ambiguous weight in Invicta for pennies.

Too bad Cyborg would rather waste time suing Ronda for hurting her feelings than actually bother making weight and fight. She had 3 years to drop weight, why is she still so muscular and no where near 135? I'll tell you: because Cyborg has no interest in fighting Ronda, she's been doing everything to avoid this fight

Fans may not care if Vitor roids and demands that Weidman meets him at 215lbs.. At the end of the day it's a sport, with rules and weight classes there for a reason

Back