Ronda delaying the Holms rematch again Is she avoiding that butt whipping again ?

yeah well none of these things are performances in the octagon which is the only thing relevant to me in determining if someone deserves a title shot. That's what 'deserve' means to me in this situation. She doesn't deserve a title shot, but as you said she is a UFC favorite and brings in the money so they'll do it.
The UFC is supposed to be the best fighting the best yes? #1 fights #2? That's exactly what this situation is, there's a clear #1 and a clear #2 so why not fight each other?

"Rousey recently went on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and announced that filming on that movie has been pushed back to May, which will now push her MMA comeback ever further back"

That in itself answers the question...but hate makes ppl ask anyway; unless Ronda has control over when the filming will be taking place (and she does not) then no shes not avoiding anything, shes working under a movie contract.

The UFC is supposed to be the best fighting the best yes? #1 fights #2? That's exactly what this situation is, there's a clear #1 and a clear #2 so why not fight each other?
Because #1 just exposed and embarrassed #2 in a 2 round beating, #2 then took a break from MMA and now nobody knows if she is even #2 anymore.

That's ridiculous & you know it, who is #2 if not Ronda?
I have no idea where Ronda stands anymore. Can you safely say she still beats Miesha Tate? I can't. I don't know anything about what kind of athlete she is anymore. She is taking a long break, making movies, she is highly emotional about her loss and her confidence looks to be all but gone. What kind of fighter is Ronda Rousey when she has no confidence in herself anymore? Because that seems to have played a major role in her success so far.

I have no idea where Ronda stands anymore. Can you safely say she still beats Miesha Tate? I can't. I don't know anything about what kind of athlete she is anymore. She is taking a long break, making movies, she is highly emotional about her loss and her confidence looks to be all but gone. What kind of fighter is Ronda Rousey when she has no confidence in herself anymore? Because that seems to have played a major role in her success so far.
So you're a Miesha sympathizer, just because you're delusional don't say "nobody knows if she's #2 anymore", I haven't seen one other person claim that Miesha could beat Ronda, Miesha doesn't have the style to beat Ronda, she got thrown around like a plaything in their last fight every time she shot for a takedown, Miesha got TKO'd by Zingano, she's made her name off Rondas back, you're making yourself look like an amateur and/or a Ronda hater. I'm not a huge fan of her myself but I'm not going to let that get in the way of the truth, we've seen how the Miesha fight goes twice. Tate is a soccer-mom compared to Holly & Ronda.

Meh, I don't think anyone truly cares anymore, Holly's the champ now and there's some good fights for her, I'd like to see Holly vs. Cat, Holly vs. Nunes, Ronda just needs to retire already.

"Rousey recently went on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and announced that filming on that movie has been pushed back to May, which will now push her MMA comeback ever further back"

That in itself answers the question...but hate makes ppl ask anyway; unless Ronda has control over when the filming will be taking place (and she does not) then no shes not avoiding anything, shes working under a movie contract.

i don't see how this will begin filming in may without any cast set but her. most actors/actresses have roles lined up 6 months to a yr at a time

So you're a Miesha sympathizer, just because you're delusional don't say "nobody knows if she's #2 anymore", I haven't seen one other person claim that Miesha could beat Ronda, Miesha doesn't have the style to beat Ronda, she got thrown around like a plaything in their last fight every time she shot for a takedown, Miesha got TKO'd by Zingano, she's made her name off Rondas back, you're making yourself look like an amateur and/or a Ronda hater. I'm not a huge fan of her myself but I'm not going to let that get in the way of the truth, we've seen how the Miesha fight goes twice.
I'm only a fan of Miesha's ass. She is a mediocre fighter. My point is we don't know what Ronda Rousey we have anymore, because the loss shook her pretty good and we're all witnessing that everytime there's news about Ronda.

Why not? Ronda is still easily the 2nd best in the division, if she wins then you can't say she didn't deserve the rematch because it won't matter. It's not like she's getting an immediate rematch.

If she wins (she wont)? You could say that to justify any rematch. She got destroyed and showed nothing that suggests it would go another way in the rematch. At least Cain won the first round vs Werdum

That would be the smart thing to do. What's the rush? To please Sherdog?

If she wins (she wont)? You could say that to justify any rematch. She got destroyed and showed nothing that suggests it would go another way in the rematch. At least Cain won the first round vs Werdum
Cain hadn't fought 3 times 8 months while filming movies, but you're right there's nothing that suggests she can win, but her and Holly are clearly #1 & #2 in the division far above everybody else.

Alright now, let's not start debating if Ronda deserves an immediate rematch against Holm. She got the beating of a lifetime and took a break from MMA. She will get an immediate rematch when she is ready but she should fight someone else first definitely.

Floyd (who is a master of marketing a fight) said it best. Ronda should come back and fight a few other girls like Nunes or Jessica Eye. After she destroys them idiot casuals will be pumped for a rematch thinking this is Ronda 2.0. It makes the Holm rematch much bigger then it is right now since almost no one thinks she has a chance

instead of delaying it, she should just not do the rematch

Once Ever Human has Hollywood commitments. We have to wait until she's done. How hard is that to understand?

Cain hadn't fought 3 times 8 months while filming movies, but you're right there's nothing that suggests she can win, but her and Holly are clearly #1 & #2 in the division far above everybody else.

Come on thats a terrible excuse. Cain has been through plenty more serious injury's and adversity then Ronda and has more of a legit excuse (although both excuses suck). Fighters who are active usually look better then fighters who have hardly fought in years because of injury like Cain.

Doesn't matter if she is #2. You can't always give the #2 the shot or else we would have seen GSP vs Fitch like 10 times. And if this contemplating suicide thing is true (its likely not), then Ronda should not be fighting. She should be getting serious mental help

I think it will continue to be delayed. Holly is 34 and hears the bio clock ticking loudly. At some point Holly will retire to have kids and THEN Ronda will return and take the title again and challenge Holly to a rematch which will never happen.

Come on thats a terrible excuse. Cain has been through plenty more serious injury's and adversity then Ronda and has more of a legit excuse (although both excuses suck). Fighters who are active usually look better then fighters who have hardly fought in years because of injury like Cain.

Doesn't matter if she is #2. You can't always give the #2 the shot or else we would have seen GSP vs Fitch like 10 times. And if this contemplating suicide thing is true (its likely not), then Ronda should not be fighting. She should be getting serious mental help
The difference is there's a huge gap between Holly, Ronda & the rest of the division unlike GSP & Fitch.

Back