Ronda-Cyborg is beginning to smack of Machida-Shogun!

blkdynamite

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
People have either fell for the hype or have forgotten how dominant Cyborg really is. I remember Rogan saying how Machida was going to dominate for a long time and the odd for Machida were ridiculous. I have to bet Cyborg.

Ronda is more dominant against better competition.

Machida was a tough riddle to solve, but once Shogun stopped him he has been much more beatable.

I have always said Cyborg wins this fight and by TKO. There is a big difference between the level of stand up Ronda is facing now and with Cyborg. Ronda is now just getting her striking to a top level in her past 2/3 fights and so is her competition although they are not as good as her. Ronda not only would she be facing a much better striker, but one that has been at this level for many years. Of course there is the grappling component to consider as well but I dont see this being a huge factor.

Another thing is that Cyborg is much bigger and hits much harder. Even if they fight at even weight, Cyborg will have 20lbs on her fight time and that is a lot. This is of the main reasons I think Cyborg will win. If they were the same weight I would be pretty even on this fight slightly favoring Cyborg.

what the fuck are you even talking about?

Cyborgs striking is sub par lets be honest .She bullies forward and wings punches against blown up 125ers 90 percent of the time.

Soon as she fights ronda who will come at her with grappling she will either back up and get tagged,or come forward into clinching range and get tossed on her head.

I really dont see this as a competitive fight

It's all hype for one fighter or the other... you'll figure that out some day.

I think at this point their striking are in the same level, people talk about how horrendous(but yet effective) Cyborg's striking is, but Ronda is not THAT good in striking either, good luck if she plans to eat some shots from Cyborg before get in the clinch

Isn't Cyborg main asset the fact that she is willing to take the amount of steroids she takes?

The funniest thing is that nothing has really changed between the Strikeforce days and now....Cyborg never lost her throne, only looked more dominant and people forget this because she has not been airbrushed and marketed to the masses as Ronda has. All that has happened was the UFC $$$$$ hype machine backed Ronda and snubbed Cyborg.

Millions of people thought Gina was going to steamroll Cyborg, owing to the fact that they were thinking with their wrong heads and let their emotions govern their logical reasoning. After Cyborg steamrolled and made Gina retire, no one really cared about WMMA until the air brushed, photoshopped, bronze medal sensation came along and recaptured the hearts of the millions of neckbearded bandwagon virgins across the US. Did she beat any real elite competition? Nope....BUT, the UFC made people think that she was actually beating legit competition, not the actual over weight, nonathletic woman that took up MMA to lose weight/have some hobby that she really was beating.

The most interesting part of all this is, for the first time in the history of fight sports, the majority of fans do not want to see the best fight the best. Why is this?!?! Well, it appears the only valid reasoning is that Ronda has captured people's hearts too much and since these "fans"/perverts/virgins/chivalrous knights (chose your poison) are so emotionally invested in her, they know that Cyborg presents a seriously valid threat and they do not want to see the object of their affection be hurt. This all presents a serious quandary with the very young state of WMMA that we have not seen with any other male based fighting discipline: people grow too emotionally attached to the fighter and do not want to see them actually challenged. I know, I was a fan of Gina and it was heartbreaking seeing her crying and completely demoralized after Cyborg laid that beating of epic proportions down on her.

WMMA is a slippery slope that toys with our sexual desire, chivalry and our "male protector complex". We are starting to see that the experiment has totally failed us, for the best do not fight the best, we don't want them to and rather we match our heart's desire with less appealing woman. It is incompatible with being legitimate sport and would be better suited in the entertainment/WWE realm where the results are predetermined.

zH4EayI.gif

The funniest thing is that nothing has really changed between the Strikeforce days and now....Cyborg never lost her throne, only looked more dominant and people forget this because she has not been airbrushed and marketed to the masses as Ronda has. All that has happened was the UFC $$$$$ hype machine backed Ronda and snubbed Cyborg.

Actually... plenty has changed. For one, Rousey went on to be just as impressive as Cyborg against far better opponents than Cyborg ever faced, in a much deeper division than Cyborg is in. Cyborg got popped for steroids. Cyborg was stripped of her Strikeforce belt and the division was dissolved. That's quite a lot.

Millions of people thought Gina was going to steamroll Cyborg, owing to the fact that they were thinking with their wrong heads and let their emotions govern their logical reasoning. After Cyborg steamrolled and made Gina retire, no one really cared about WMMA until the air brushed, photoshopped, bronze medal sensation came along and recaptured the hearts of the millions of neckbearded bandwagon virgins across the US. Did she beat any real elite competition? Nope....BUT, the UFC made people think that she was actually beating legit competition, not the actual over weight, nonathletic woman that took up MMA to lose weight/have some hobby that she really was beating.

Gina is not Ronda. You don't even believe that, so I don't know why you are making that argument. Not to mention, Gina basically fell into mount two or three times. Ask yourself what would happen if that was Rousey.

The most interesting part of all this is, for the first time in the history of fight sports, the majority of fans do not want to see the best fight the best. Why is this?!?! Well, it appears the only valid reasoning is that Ronda has captured people's hearts too much and since these "fans"/perverts/virgins/chivalrous knights (chose your poison) are so emotionally invested in her, they know that Cyborg presents a seriously valid threat and they do not want to see the object of their affection be hurt. This all presents a serious quandary with the very young state of WMMA that we have not seen with any other male based fighting discipline: people grow too emotionally attached to the fighter and do not want to see them actually challenged. I know, I was a fan of Gina and it was heartbreaking seeing her crying and completely demoralized after Cyborg laid that beating of epic proportions down on her.

Cyborg does represent a seriously valid threat. I agree.

WMMA is a slippery slope that toys with our sexual desire, chivalry and our "male protector complex". We are starting to see that the experiment has totally failed us, for the best do not fight the best, we don't want them to and rather we match our heart's desire with less appealing woman. It is incompatible with being legitimate sport and would be better suited in the entertainment/WWE realm where the results are predetermined.

Really, really weak final thoughts bro. Should have closed better.

Yea lets just completely forget cyborg failing drug test for peds, attempting to tamper with a scale when she was overweight, completely ruining an entire division because of her cheating, fighting blown up 115 and 125 lb Japanese women, and her voluntarily leaving the ufc without even trying to do any thing...idiot

I have always said Cyborg wins this fight and by TKO. There is a big difference between the level of stand up Ronda is facing now and with Cyborg. Ronda is now just getting her striking to a top level in her past 2/3 fights and so is her competition although they are not as good as her. Ronda not only would she be facing a much better striker, but one that has been at this level for many years. Of course there is the grappling component to consider as well but I dont see this being a huge factor.

Another thing is that Cyborg is much bigger and hits much harder. Even if they fight at even weight, Cyborg will have 20lbs on her fight time and that is a lot. This is of the main reasons I think Cyborg will win. If they were the same weight I would be pretty even on this fight slightly favoring Cyborg.

Except this isn't a kickboxing match and Cyborg's super-aggressive style plays right into Ronda's strengths. Cyborg won't be able to avoid the clinch and won't be able to stop the takedown. Ronda can easily control her and GnP or go for the sub at will.

You're one of those idiot MRAs, hahaha...

Bunch of piss ass dudes that feel so threatened by women that they begin to act like them, IMO.

Back