Ronda Critics Ignore Fedor's Wild & Crude Striking. LOL.

Maybe Rousey just didn't care about "technique" in this fight because she knew Bethe had nothing for her, so she focused on power instead of technique. Fuck, it's almost like fighters can fight in more than one way...

Also, who cares if they are technically sound as long as it's effective. And so far Rousey have about as effective as they come.

In the context you gave, it's fine

In the context of TS' thread title, it's absurd

TS, why do you come up with the worst threads? It's either gushing over Mcgregor last month or this mind climaxing over Rousey.

meh youll get flamed TS.

but Bethe was as much as a contender as Herring was when he fought Fedor.

pfft ranked #3 in the world at one time.

Some of the things you say are pretty accurate but you go too far and that takes away.

Fedor's actually a very accurate, technical striker with very underrated striking defense.

Ronda went in looking to brawl because she knew Bethe was probably the least talented fighter she's fought yet. I wouldn't even call her sloppy - she was pretty accurate, even connecting a punch while Bethe dove headfirst into the astral plane.

Fedor was one of the most effective strikers of all time. Ronda is my bae but this thread is hot garbage.

fedorlowkick.gif

TameMediumGrackle.gif

FedorBulletProofRogersSmaller.gif

I'm not a fan of the pudgy Russian by any means, but you can't compare him to a woman that fights failed urologists and librarians that are masquerading as contenders.

*Tim Sylvia against Mercer doesn't count as an elite MMA fight. That fight was just a 311 pound fat fuck -- out of his prime -- standing in front of a boxer trading punches.

Of course it counts - it's the most significant scalp of all in all of the boxing vs MMA encounters: a top ten ranked contender, just a year removed from beating then interim champion Nogueira to an absolute pulp, getting starched against by a physically decrepit old fart in a more devastating manner than any of his previous losses.

One of the most wrong headed threads I can remember seeing on Sherdog which takes some doing.

Fedor had some of the best stand up defence in MMA history controlling the distance well, picking shots and having excellent head/hip movement. Rousey was pretty good offensively vs Bethe but she was standing bolt upright with almost zero defence.

As far as Bethe and Herring being the "same" goes I guess that means that when I beat Jamie Dickinson in the 100 meters at school aged 10 when he was considered the best runner it was the "same" as beating Usain Bolt today. He was the #1 afterall and we know that rankings numbers equal the same talent level in any division or sport with the world dwarf tossing champion having the same skill level as the FIFA footballer of the year.

It is easy for people to say Fedor had wild punching with no technique, but his combination of power, footwork and hand traps created a difficult puzzle to solve. He was able to throw punches while moving backwards or forwards and use his Russian hooks (wild punches) to disguise his chin from any clean shots that his opponent would throw.

Rousey's striking is improving, but if she used her current skills against an accomplished striker with power she may find herself flat on her back seeing stars.

I agree. Fedors striking is so bad and not technical that Lebedev trained with him to prepare for his fight with Roy Jones Jr. That's how bad he is.

TS is a dumbass that clearly is a total fucking tool when it comes to striking. And white knight.

I agree. Fedors striking is so bad and not technical that Lebedev trained with him to prepare for his fight with Roy Jones Jr. That's how bad he is.

You should post the second part of the video, where his lack of balance and technique really shows up.

Fedor was never a good striker. People always point to the Cro Cop fight, ignoring the timid manner in which Cro Cop fought. It was the grappling element that made it that way.

Forget striking. Fedor's grappling over Rousey's Grappling.

I'm sure she would do alright under the right circumstances though.

She could've just taken the win without gloating about it. It's not like she wouldn't have been able to armbar her way to victory instead of swinging for the fences for 30 seconds straight.

Aside from that her boxing skills are on par with a day one noob in most gyms, honestly.
Her punching power (for a judoka) at close range however is another thing and her ability to eat shots from years of grappling training kind of takes the magic out of the equation. Take away her Judo though and she would've been one roasted duck.

One of the dumbest posts I've had the misfortune of reading. You need to read Jack Slack's article on Fedor ASAP.

Haters are gonna hate but no need to throw legends under the bus yo!. As long as you win convincingly, why does it matter. Let people talk their shit! That's never gonna change, people are always gonna disagree no matter the relevance of the matter.

Fedor's defense was pretty good for a HW. His offensive attack was effective, but not great.

Back