Ronda/Bethe fight vid being on FB a positive thing?

MMA 219

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok so something happened this past weekend that has never really happened before in the UFC. Ronda got the quick 34 second finish and then literally thousands of people posted the quick finish to facebook and literally a couple million people watched and shared it on facebook overnight and the next day. The video was shared and posted by all sorts of people who never even watched the sport before.

Ronda gained countless fans because of the video being illegally posted to facebook. I am sure the UFC was upset at first but now Ronda is bigger than ever and i am sure she will have many many more people watch her future fights. The UFC usually moves heaven and earth to stop people from seeing PPV fights for free but after this happening i feel like there is something to be learned from it.

What do you guys think?

No; why buy the cow when you can get the milk free?

The chops but not the whole lamb?

Dana is going to have dip into the fighter's Reebok funds to make up for this and buy some snow.

Agreed.

This is why Ronda's fights keep doing better even though her last 4 fights have been like 1/5th the time of her previous 4

Clearly a good thing. By then the vast majority of PPV's had already been sold, so why not capitalize and give her more exposure from it for the next fight? It's not like you couldn't find out what had happened if you were actually interested in the results before the fight went down

Well, I can tell ya who this vid being so widespread IS NOT good for... Bethe "Faceplant" Correia.. zing.

Only problem is casuals won't realize how terrible Correia is/was and will see it as simply TEH GREATEST OF ALL TIMES.

There were many women in my friends list that I had no idea even knew what mma was who were making Ronda posts. Free publicity. The UFC wants grandma, grandpa and the family dog to know who Ronda is. Even if a small fraction of the people who watched the fight on facebook buy a ppv, it's a win.

Only PPV sales they were going to get were those watching live. They weren't gonna get alot of money after that for a mediocre card with a 34 second main event finish. There was maybe 3 good fights entire card outside the main event, and the main card itself kind of sucked, despite having a few legends on there. If anything this is good for the UFC, there wasn't much to lose and alot of fans to gain.

I realized it went viral when I saw a post on my newsfeed from one of my friends that read "I don't care about some c-unt mma fighter." Lol. I think Ronda is bad ass and I look forward to watching her fights, but that post made me chuckle.

Back