Ronda beats 50% of Male UFC Bantamweights

LordFarthing

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is perhaps Rogan's worst moment. What a ridiculous statement.

Does he not know the physical advantages men have over women?

Does he not know that far more men do MMA than women, making the talent pool for men far deeper?

Do you not know that he's just doing his job as a UFC promoter

I'm fairly sure he said that in an attempt to promote Ronda. Rogan is pretty smart and has been doing MA's for a lot of years.

Doesn't matter. You can promote fights in different ways than that. Do you not know that making ridiculous comments like this destroys your credibility?

I'm fairly sure he said that in an attempt to promote Ronda. Rogan is pretty smart and has been doing MA's for a lot of years.
No. Rogan is an honest guy. It was a stupid statement. And even if it was strictly promotional, it was way off base and makes him less credible. When trying to be credible, saying stupid shit doesn't help. I like Rogan, but this was a really dumb comment.

That means Amanda Nunes beats 100% of the male bantamweight roster.

Rogan went from "She's a once ever athlete" to today "She got lit up like a Christmas tree"

No, I think he may have been laboring under that illusion.

But anyway, nice bump. Too bad it wasn't started by someone supporting the notion.

Now it undermines the entire UFC.

Hype jobs as a bandaid solution don't work. You need actual good fighters that have small chance of losing to hype up. For example Jon Jones is a good guy to hype

They wanted to hype ronda cause of the little girls market. The male market was maxed out in MMA.

The UFC sold out the sport for short term money gains and it blew up in their face

Terrible statement, no way to defend it.

But credits to Joe, with the exposure he has, and having a mic almost 24/7, most of us would say stupid shit like that, maybe not as stupid as this one but I'm pretty sure we all would develop bias

Compared to other fighters he sure seems to be going over and beyond the call of duty when it comes to her.

Now it undermines the entire UFC.

Hype jobs as a bandaid solution don't work. You need actual good fighters that have small chance of losing to hype up. For example Jon Jones is a good guy to hype

They wanted to hype ronda cause of the little girls market. The male market was maxed out in MMA.

The UFC sold out the sport for short term money gains and it blew up in their face
This. Hype jobs have to be legit. It's why WME wants to move away from exaggerated talk and get professional. Calling Ronda a "once ever athlete" is like calling the Even Muirhead the greatest athlete ever. Its just wrong.

At the peak of her career, Ronda looked unstoppable. I think it is called... getting exposed

Back