Ronda at 207 is a huge win for UFC regardless of the outcome AND regardless of the price

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
the price being the media blackout, still so worth it.

Tonights ppv is going to be a monster and either outcome with Ronda will help the UFC womens landscape.

First of all I think it's important to point out that there is now way this fight goes to a decision, not with these two ladies. What that means is either Ronda is going to finish Nunes... or Nunes is going to finish Ronda

If Nunes finishes Ronda, it will be the most spectacular scene since the last time Ronda was taken out. Ronda is now in do or die territory and everyone wants to know how this will go. For Nunes to end the story of RR after having seized the belt from the other biggest name in womens MMA, Meisha Tate, this will make her a star. Nunes vs Holm, Nunes vs Pena will all of a sudden be very fu**ing interesting, not to mention Nunes vs Cyborg.

but if Ronda wins, if you can't smell that 145 title fight right there then you should look into getting a service pet. Ronda going after the second title does for her what it did for Conor, it erases all the wrong and re-immortalizes her. Won't really matter whether its Holm or GDR althought Holm would just make it perfect.

All roads lead to Rome. In this case, Rome being success for the UFC.

There's a ppv this weekend? With Ronda? Wouldn't watch it anyway, but who knew?

q6vCApt.gif

but if Ronda wins, if you can't smell that 145 title fight right there then you should look into getting a service pet.

This is pretty obvious, but do you know how many people on Sherdog actually posted that UFC made Holm go to 145 so they can protect Rousey?

Yeah, the number of idiotic conspiracy theorists in the world is often underestimated.

Tonights ppv is going to be a monster and either outcome with Ronda will help the UFC womens landscape.

First of all I think it's important to point out that there is now way this fight goes to a decision, not with these two ladies. What that means is either Ronda is going to finish Nunes... or Nunes is going to finish Ronda

If Nunes finishes Ronda, it will be the most spectacular scene since the last time Ronda was taken out. Ronda is now in do or die territory and everyone wants to know how this will go. For Nunes to end the story of RR after having seized the belt from the other biggest name in womens MMA, Meisha Tate, this will make her a star. Nunes vs Holm, Nunes vs Pena will all of a sudden be very fu**ing interesting, not to mention Nunes vs Cyborg.

but if Ronda wins, if you can't smell that 145 title fight right there then you should look into getting a service pet. Ronda going after the second title does for her what it did for Conor, it erases all the wrong and re-immortalizes her. Won't really matter whether its Holm or GDR althought Holm would just make it perfect.

Good post, Champ :)

I call total BS on this.

The UFC should have done everything in their power to make this event as big as possible, because there's a high chance that Rousey will lose and retire, so this might be their last squeeze at that juice, and they've only gone and crippled its PPV ability by allowing Ronda to do no media, by putting it on a Friday, and by putting a so-so card underneath the main & comain.

It would have made more sense (and money) to increase Honda's fee in order to get her to do some media, because you'd make much more cash back on the PPV sales. I think this event is going to tank, compared to Honda's last two PPV events. Correia & Holm both did what, 1m buys each, or roundabout? I wouldn't be surprised if this one had dropped all the way down to 600k, which is a huge shortfall - and they might then NEVER get another Ronda show.

Big, big risk with this card. And possibly a big, big mistake.

I call total BS on this.

The UFC should have done everything in their power to make this event as big as possible, because there's a high chance that Rousey will lose and retire, so this might be their last squeeze at that juice, and they've only gone and crippled its PPV ability by allowing Ronda to do no media, by putting it on a Friday, and by putting a so-so card underneath the main & comain.

It would have made more sense (and money) to increase Honda's fee in order to get her to do some media, because you'd make much more cash back on the PPV sales. I think this event is going to tank, compared to Honda's last two PPV events. Correia & Holm both did what, 1m buys each, or roundabout? I wouldn't be surprised if this one had dropped all the way down to 600k, which is a huge shortfall - and they might then NEVER get another Ronda show.

I don't know about that. How many people see her on Ellen or some late night show and then buy the PPV? None. Sorry, but my mom isn't buying a MMA PPV. The people that are buying it are already going to buy it without her doing a bunch of media.

I call total BS on this.

You're saying they lacked on the promotion but bro, if you have had the tv on at any point during these last few weeks then you can't tell me you haven't seen the promos, over and over. They promoted this fight all right, just not to you and me and that's because they really don't have to.

It'll be big but I don't know about monster, the gate is just over half of what they did for UFC 202.

I'm not talking Conor ppv numbers.

800k-1mil.

I'b be shocked if it did less than 700k.

Gate and PPV aren't the same.

I see this one doing at least a million (probably 1.1 or 1.2), maybe 900,000 something at worst.

I agree with your estimates but don't think you can call that 'monster' considering they've done up to 1.65 previously.

You're saying they lacked on the promotion but bro, if you have had the tv on at any point during these last few weeks then you can't tell me you haven't seen the promos, over and over. They promoted this fight all right, just not to you and me and that's because they really don't have to.

Nah.

Ronda not doing media has made a huge difference.

I don't know about that. How many people see her on Ellen or some late night show and then buy the PPV? None. Sorry, but my mom isn't buying a MMA PPV. The people that are buying it are already going to buy it without her doing a bunch of media.

If that were true, then no fighter would ever do any media then. You're wrong. You'll see when the numbers come out.

As I saw the weigh-in, Ronda is in incredible good shape. She was focused, dedicated, cutted. Now she fights against the entire world and entire MMA community (including sherdog) who hates her. I'm rooting for Nunez and I'm not calm about her.

Nunes is too ugly to ever be a 'star'. It sucks but it's true.

Back