Ronda, after this one it's time to accept Cris Cyborg fight at 140lbs.

Because Cyborg fights in a division that doesn't exist in the UFC.

This. Its not rocket science. If Cyborg made the weight like she said she would, this fight would've happened already. She had 3 years to get off her ass, lose the weight, and did nothing. I seriously don't think she can make the weight though. Especially after seeing that video of her cutting to 145, and she was crying, mentally breaking.

This. Its not rocket science. If Cyborg made the weight like she said she would, this fight would've happened already. She had 3 years to get off her ass, lose the weight, and did nothing. I seriously don't think she can make the weight though. Especially after seeing that video of her cutting to 145, and she was crying, mentally breaking.

She clearly can't make 135 healthily, her frame is massive even compared to other fighters at 145, and she's missed weight before. People say "she used to fight at 135 early in her career so she can make it if she really wants to" but that's as ridiculous as saying "Rory MacDonald used to fight at 155 at the start of his career so he could move down if he wants."

ronda did accept cyborg at 140 and then cyborg ducked and said she changed her mind and would never fight below 145

ronda has accepted the cyborg fight many times, on cyborgs terms and cyborg always pulls out

please stop

source on ronda accepting 140.

I don't believe it.

The UFC asked her to drop down to 135 lbs way back in 2011 after they acquired strikeforce and told her they weren't keeping the 145 division. She said it was a good idea and she would try. Her idea of trying was packing on another 15 lbs of muscle. Cyborg is a joke and has no intention of dropping weight. She's just going to keep talking about it so she can keep herself relevant.

if it were so easy to reference, why not shut me up with the citation dipshit?

Because I don't babysit handicapped posters.

Cris vs Rousey was also penciled in at 145, but Cris pissed hot. How many times does Rousey have to agree to fight Cris just to have Cris duck for you haters to realize Cris will never fight in an org with enhanced drug testing?

Because Cyborg fights in a division that doesn't exist in the UFC.

The division doesnt need to exist. They can just make the fight happen. They should give the fans the fights we want.

I agree with TS .....mismatches and Rematches are boring .....but I'm a Ronda hater so I'm biased

Cris vs Rousey was also penciled in at 145, but Cris pissed hot. How many times does Rousey have to agree to fight Cris just to have Cris duck for you haters to realize Cris will never fight in an org with enhanced drug testing?

She just has to say she's willing to stop hiding behind weight classes and fight her.

that's not the question, or the point.

the post I quoted stated rousey agreed to a fight at 140.

ive followed this closely and don't ever remember thaqt happening.

im aware of your positition, and you argue points that aren't the point:

do I think the fight will happen? no.

do I think if if did, Ronda would lose? no.

do I still resent Ronda, when weve had dozens exapmles of her talking shit about Cain, Floyd, et al, and she cant waive a smqall weight difference? yes.

do I have more respect for meisha and gina who ARE willing to fight Cyborg? yes.

do I get why you and others have a problem with some of us wanting to see 2 fighters fight? no.

I was hyped for Holm coming to UFC, but she didn't amaze, she's great, amazing striking, but not on Ronda's level, that's problem, like Ronda is way above everyone else..

Do you think that maybe Cyborgs hype is exactly the same as that? Looks like a world beater when fighting complete nobodies, comes over to UFC and looks completely average fighting girls like Pennington?

What confuses me is why people consider Cyborg such a threat when she gets taken to a decision by girls like Takanashi..

TS you're jumping the gun. First she has to deal with Bethe, and that's no easy task.

• 9-0 in her career
  • 2 KOs and 7 decision wins (6 unanimous)
  • 2 dominations of 2 of the 4 horsey women
  • 9 fight winning streak, 3 fight winning streak in the UFC
  • 117+ minutes of cage experience compared to less than 24 minutes of cage experience for Ronda

The list goes on but the point is that Bethe may chase Ronda to 145 after UFC 190.

Lol have you seen her fight

Do you think that maybe Cyborgs hype is exactly the same as that? Looks like a world beater when fighting complete nobodies, comes over to UFC and looks completely average fighting girls like Pennington?

What confuses me is why people consider Cyborg such a threat when she gets taken to a decision by girls like Takanashi..

You're silly if you don't think she's a threat. Finishing fights does not equate to a higher level than the inability to finish fights. Just look at Mayweather.

Hate to break it to you but Ronda isn't exactly swimming with the sharks. 135 has a deeper talent pool than 145, but it isn't night and day.

Unfortunately this is a very clear case of ducking from Rousey, she likes being a big fish in a tiny pond (extremely insecure). The fact that she fought Judo at 150+ as well as Strikeforce at 145 it's like come on, do you want to prove you're the best or do you wanna just coast with a belt.

heres a write up by clay j, detailing the long history of cyborg ducking ronda

Ronda isn't scared. It is pretty obvious that Cyborg is the reason the fight hasn't happened. She has ducked/ran, lied and changed her mind a hundred times about nearly everything you can think of over the last four years to the point that nothing she says or does can be taken seriously.

First, the histry of Ronda going to 135 is outlined in this historical sherdog thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Then, what happend next was that Ronda beat Budd and Cyborg got busted for steroids. Ronda still agrees to fight Cyborg at 145 (According to Cyborg and her lawyers) for the FW title. However, with Cyborg unable to get her suspension reduced SF gets rid of the 145 class, effectively cancelling the fight (Cyborg's ruins the fight #1).
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

Cyborg then says she will fight Ronda at a catchweight of 140 (Aug 13, 2012)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/13/3240734/cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-fight-catchweight

To which Ronda's manager agrees with VADA drug and hair folicle testing (Aug 19)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/20/3256102/ronda-rousey-drug-testing-cyborg-steroids-strikeforce-mma

To which Cyborg backs out almost instantly saying she "will fight at 145, no less" and that she is the champion (actually she wasn't, she was stripped of the belt), and Cyborg ruins the fight for a second time, and ducks Ronda directly for the first time.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...ight-rousey-at-145-pounds----no-less/828222/1

Then the UFC buys SF and picks up Ronda's contract and creates the 135 class. Then, the UFC picks up Cyborg's contract and even offers to let her to go Invicta and make money while she trims down until she can make 135. They even offered to PAY Mike Dolce for her to help her lose the weight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/...es-services-to-get-cyborg-to-135-ronda-rousey
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...dy-fat-percentage-cain-velasquez-ronda-rousey

Cyborg responds by asking to be released from the UFC. (Cyborg ruins the fight #3, Cyborg ducks Ronda #2)

[YT]ngrOrDcT9Fg[/YT]
[YT]TnrI1l6qvO4[/YT]

Then, the UFC gets cozy with Invicta, puts them on fightpass and makes an agreement that Cyborg will get into the UFC if she makes 135. Cyborg signs a contract to make 135 in Dec 2014, but continues to lift weights on a daily basis and doesn't even try to cut the weight, pulling out of the fight and saying she will continue to fight at 145, but that she will still fight Ronda at 145, effectively ducking the fight again (duck #3) by not agreeing to the terms that will get her the bout agreement

This doesn't even take into account all the times Cyborg says she is going to 135, then she will die if she does, then she will be fine, then dead again ... etc.

Here is Cyborg weighing in at 140

cyborg-weighin.jpg

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/elitexc-unfinished-business-weigh-in-results

she doesn't exactly look like a concentration camp victim, she is still carrying a ton of muscle mass. She just has to drop five pounds of it and the fight is on. Cyborg is just too psychologically attached/addicted to her muscle mass to let it go. She knows she can keep her name in the headlines by barking at Ronda from a distance, while never having to actually take the fight.

Cyborg has no leverage to dictate the terms. Ronda is going nowhere, she is a stationary target, if Cyborg wants the fight, she knows where she has to go to get it.

The day before her Invicta weigh-in against Tweet, Cyborg said she could "make 140 tomorrow"
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/cyborg...ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-at-140-pounds-tomorrow

but since she says she currently walks around at 175
cyborg-175.jpg

that means she is saying she can fight at a weight 35 pounds below her walkaround weight, but claimed it was physically impossible, and maybe even fatal, if she tried to cut from her walkaround weight of 160 (see video above) down to 135 back when she asked to be released from the UFC, even though that is only 25 pounds. The only conclusion was that she JUST DIDN'T WANT THE FIGHT, since she could have clearly cut the weight.

So lose five pounds of muscle from where you were before and make the fight. The UFC wasn't willing to make a catchweight fight for Carano ("White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds."), so they sure aren't going to make one for you.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9...y-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title

Quit running, or does she only want to fight with a huge weight advantage where she can alter the scale to make weight? Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of...ou wanna just coast with a belt.[/QUOTE] lol

Back