Ronda actually got worse in striking

She fucked up.

She should have bullrushed and used her judo.

Instead she tried to strike with a striker.

She also should have switched camps.

She tried to bullrush and got smashed in the mouth

That's actually amazing. I didn't even know that was possible.

Conor just added another zero to his next paycheck lol

Because in this one she already had the experience of getting KO'd, and wasn't able to overcome that fear.

I said it in threads before the fight took place. There was a chance flashbacks of the Holm fight would kick in the moment Nunes landed a solid punch, and not necessarily a KO punch.

Might have to rewatch, but looked to me it got to a point where she was looking away from the strikes.

The UFC women were shit and the game has evolved; she hasn't.

Ronda got protected from Cyborg when the UFC bought a division and changed the weight class rules so that Cyborg couldn't fight in it

Ronda was a marketing creation. I'm still astonished that people can't see it after Ronda got mauled by the first two decent strikers she ever fought.

That's actually amazing. I didn't even know that was possible.

Conor just added another zero to his next paycheck lol

You are right Conor just won even more negotiating power with one less PPV star on the rooster.

Also Edmund bless.

She mentally tuned out, I had a bad feeling from her body language this week.

Should not of bet on that fight at all.

Ronda got protected from Cyborg when the UFC bought a division and changed the weight class rules so that Cyborg couldn't fight in it

Ronda was a marketing creation. I'm still astonished that people can't see it after Ronda got mauled by the first two decent strikers she ever fought.

But she is really good on taking out those soccer moms with no game plan and no fight IQ that can't defend an armbar and crumble on the lights of the big stage.

But she is really good on taking out those soccer moms with no game plan and no fight IQ that can't defend an armbar and crumble on the lights of the big stage.

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

Is there a fight style or discipline or technique where you stand rigid/upright, keep your head stationary and keep your arms up like you're batting a speedbag? If there is, Rousey was doing that.

Ouch man how much did you lost ?
Not much man, I bet for a bit of fun, overall this year I've tripled my starting money on MMA bets so a couple of losses isn't much in the scheme of things.

Broke even overall tonight thanks for DHK and TJ, had $50 on Ronda but my gut told me not to bet on her, I thought she mentally tougher than she is.

Not much man, I bet for a bit of fun, overall this year I've tripled my starting money on MMA bets so a couple of losses isn't much in the scheme of things.

Broke even overall tonight thanks for DHK and TJ, had $50 on Ronda but my gut told me not to bet on her, I thought she mentally tougher than she is.

Oh I see then you are good, you got your moneys worth of fun and you aren't going overboard just doing it for the extra fun, cool man always keep it in control and never bet more then you can afford to lose is my best advice I can offer.

In retrospect can't believe she was on Ring magazine ? "taking over boxing next" XD how embarrassing for them.

Or the marketing with best female athlete in the world ? lol is she even top 5 in her own WMMA world ? with names like Nunes, Cyborg, Holly, JJ, even Valentina I think can win vs her.

its a amazing now looking back, how did she get away with such shit striking for so long.
That answer is easy. Her opponents were just as bad or worse. She was fortunate she fought unskilled women who couldn't strike for shit. The first and second legit striker she faced, she got decimated.

Oh I see then you are good, you got your moneys worth of fun and you aren't going overboard just doing it for the extra fun, cool man always keep it in control and never bet more then you can afford to lose is my best advice I can offer.

yeah that is exactly what I am doing, just playing small bets not emotionally involved at all, if I lose c'est la vie, I'm not going to go and make a stupid bet to win money back.

My goal this year was to make easy bets with at least a 10% payout no parlays or anything risky, so I am way ahead of that 10% goal now and my betting this year has given me a much better performance than my investments, albeit at a much lower amount of money on the bets.

yeah that is exactly what I am doing, just playing small bets not emotionally involved at all, if I lose c'est la vie, I'm not going to go and make a stupid bet to win money back.

My goal this year was to make easy bets with at least a 10% payout no parlays or anything risky, so I am way ahead of that 10% goal now and my betting this year has given me a much better performance than my investments, albeit at a much lower amount of money on the bets.

Nice.

Bets are tricky like that.. they can suck you in and before you know it you got a problem and you are down more then you could have afford and you try to get out of the shit only digging in more telling yourself you don't have a problem and that the next one will be the winning one always optimistic. XD (well this is like the worst case scenario type of path)

Stay safe my sherbro I saw people going down this road with small steps and it didn't end well for them.

Back