Ronaldo Jacare vs Roger Gracie

I concur.

Both grapplers are awesome in their own ways. Gi or no gi. On any day one could win over the other. I like Roger because his wins are by submissions or without controversy .

Jacare won twice in which one he was running away for two minutes (without a warning or deduction) with a broken arm and the latest event with a "maybe" takedown for the win.

Those two events were wins for Jacare but full of controversy to say the least.

Plus I am planning on training with Roger and dad this year!

jacare did not score that take down on roger. the ref screwed up.

2om30 said:
jacare did not score that take down on roger. the ref screwed up.

No argument from me. But he still got the "W". There should be some kind of NFL type challenge to the ref's decision with instant replay. Sucks to lose like that, I had my share of questionable calls in tournaments.

Soulfly said:
Christ guys, I was being sarcastic.
Sorry, I don't spend as much time in here, so I don't know who you are.

Kabuki recently made it a point that we could discuss fights and other topics that basically are categorized under MMA Discussion in the Grappling & Standup Forums- for all the guys who are tired of the nuthugging and ignorance and bullshit.

My mistake.

I think it is a bad idea to say one is better than the other. They are two of the best in the world. Again and again it is them in the finals fighting for the absolute. Jacare is ahead by 1 fight.. That one fight could easily have been his controversial win with the broken arm.

Any day one could beat the other, and their record would continue to grow.

To say Jacare is better because he won by the slip of the rules is retarted.. He isnt better, he is just your favorite.

Now on to the more important issues.. Which is better.. Thin or thick crust pizza?

THin crust if it's NY style pizza, and thick crust if it's chicago style.

The question now is: what's better, ny style vs. chicago style?

P.s. This thread is old, but does anyone know what the records are now?

Roger Gracie is better than Jacare imo, all of Jacare's wins against Roger were somewhat dodgy, but there was nothing dodgy about Jacare getting tapped out.

Roger Gracie is better than Jacare imo, all of Jacare's wins against Roger were somewhat dodgy, but there was nothing dodgy about Jacare getting tapped out.

Actually, wasn't there a bit of controversy around Roger's RNC, with Jacare saying he wasn't defending it because he thought the ref was moving them to the center?

After seeing Jacare run from Roger like that my mind was made up as to who was the better grappler.

After seeing Jacare run from Roger like that my mind was made up as to who was the better grappler.

Was it the guy who couldn't cut off and finish a smaller, one armed opponent?

On a sidenote, Guard, are you confusing Jacare with Einemo in '03? They never met at ADCC, and as Jacare won the Brazil trials at his weight class (and presumably Roger at his to qualify) they wouldn't have met there. If you have any info, kick it over. Always interested.

They both blow my mind, so I just watch and try to learn something.

On a sidenote, Guard, are you confusing Jacare with Einemo in '03? They never met at ADCC, and as Jacare won the Brazil trials at his weight class (and presumably Roger at his to qualify) they wouldn't have met there. If you have any info, kick it over. Always interested.

You do realize you're responding to a 3 year old thread, right?

Roger for breaking his arm. Jacare was worse than Starnes.

Back