Ronaldo Jacare Souza vs. Hector Lombard?

SuedeWade87

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After the Okami fight (assuming Lombard wins) what do you think about this matchup?

I think it a good fight to welcome Jacare if he doesn't get another fight beforehand.

Two former champions from major orgs, and fairly dominant ones at that.

Two extremely athletic, young, violent finishers.

Two grapplers of the highest caliber (jacares 5 time world champion bjj+ adcc wins vs Lombards Olympic judo) who have picked up hands along the way.

Both guys are aggressive monsters who are used to being the best....I think it's a bloody war.

I slightly favor jacare here but it is not a confident prediction.....

Last edited:
Ya good match but I think if Lombard beats Okami he will get a title shot or Weidman maybe.

Ya good match but I think if Lombard beats Okami he will get a title shot or Weidman maybe.

I wouldn't argue with that, Lombard-silva sounds awesome, then set up weidman-Souza in the meantime ^_^

I like it. I don't know who I'd put as the winner but that just makes the match-up that much more interesting.

only bad thing is only one of their hype trains would end.

Lombard by KO. Jacare won't be able to take him down. I would rather see Silva vs Lombard and Jacare vs Weidman as well.

Lombard by KO. Jacare won't be able to take him down. I would rather see Silva vs Lombard and Jacare vs Weidman as well.

Jacares striking is no joke though, and he fights longer which should help against Lombards frame

Lombard by KO, Jacare has decent striking but his hands aren't as fast or as powerful as Lombard's. The big question is if Jacare could get the takedown, Lombard's lower center of gravity and judo pedigree should negate Jacare's TDs.

I don't know how you g Lombard is but he's still a beast. Be great to see this match up

I'm a huge Jacare fan but that would be a really, really tough fight for him stylistically. I think eventually Lombard would connect and take his head off, but before that it would be fireworks.

Lombard has monster base.jacare wont take him down.
Jacare will get knocked out standing.

Lombard by KO, Jacare has decent striking but his hands aren't as fast or as powerful as Lombard's. The big question is if Jacare could get the takedown, Lombard's lower center of gravity and judo pedigree should negate Jacare's TDs.

That's the most interesting part of it to me....does jacares explosive low shot get him down? Also wonder if hector looks for a throw since apparently he's confident on the mat?

That's the most interesting part of it to me....does jacares explosive low shot get him down? Also wonder if hector looks for a throw since apparently he's confident on the mat?

I don't think that Hector would look for a takedown out of respect for Jacare's ground game, but instead would look for a highlight reel knock out to get closer to a title shot. But it's all just speculation as usual.

Back