Ron Stalling Steps In Short Notice Against Uriah Hall In Boston

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Following the loss of two separate fighters in the past few weeks due to injury, Uriah Hall finally has an opponent for this weekend's UFC Fight Night card in Boston as Strikeforce veteran Ron Stallings has been tapped as a replacement.
UFC officials confirmed the new bout with FOX Sports on Monday.
Stallings (12-6) will make his debut on less than one week's notice for a shot to fight in the UFC and potentially pull off a massive upset when he faces Hall this weekend.
A veteran of several fight promotions including Strikeforce, Stallings has faced a slew of notable names in his day including current UFC fighter Adlan Amagov as well as holding a win over former Octagon veteran Mike Massenzio.
Stallings trains out of Lloyd Irvin's gym in Maryland where he works alongside names such as former UFC contender Mike Easton.

Hall vs. Stallings joins a loaded UFC Fight Night card from Boston this Sunday night headlined by featherweight star Conor McGregor in the main event against top ten ranked fighter Dennis Siver.
Hall was originally slated to face Costas Philippou and then Louis Taylor before both fighters fell off the card due to injury. Now the former Ultimate Fighter finalist draws Stallings as he prepares to return to action this weekend in Boston

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...t-in-boston-011215?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

Sacrificial lamb incoming.

Hope he won't be Stalling during the fight...

rich-white-guy-laugh-o.gif

He got robbed against Amagov in Strikeforce Challengers

Never heard of him but he is likely to get destroyed.

Sacrificial lamb incoming.

Desparate to keep Hall on the card. Can't really expect much of a replacement at this point. Stallings has a job to do, and will be paid. Insert Takenori Sato, Christian Morecraft etc. jokes.

Last edited:
Hespect to him taking a fight with Hall on a week's notice. Card would have been a bit thin if they lost this fight.

Desparate to keep Hall on the card. Can't really expect much of a replacement at this point. He has a to do, and will be paid. Insert Takenori Sato, Christian Morecraft etc. jokes.

I know. I wasn't expecting much, but I was hoping for someone just a little better than that. Oh well, it's better than scrapping the fight.

Fuck it. At least Uriah is still on the card.

Fairplay to him, lets just hope he doesn't suddenly get an injury and then hope for a UFC contract.

Sucks but on this short of notice, take what we can get. Hall is still building and he's fucked up in the past so let him get some more confidence.

Big opportunity for Stallings though, never know.

He got robbed against Amagov in Strikeforce Challengers

How he did against Amagov wouldn't be all that bad approximation on how he could do against Hall.

Unfortunately I probably haven't watched SF Challengers 17 because I can't recall that fight at all.

Oh shit he's from MD.

He also lost to Nover 12 years ago.

to be fair the guys he's lost to lately aren't bums and it seems like he fought a 5 rounder in his previous outing... expecting Hall the favourite to win but this guy seems like a very acceptable replacement. it's probably a better match up than the guy that has submitted to strikes two times

How he did against Amagov wouldn't be all that bad approximation on how he could do against Hall.

Unfortunately I probably haven't watched SF Challengers 17 because I can't recall that fight at all.

iirc Amagov gassed hard sometime in the second. its been a long time but i remember Stallings being able to neutralize him for the final 2 rounds.

Back