Economy Ron Paul: It's A Shame (And Not An Accident) That Many Want To Believe In Something-For-Nothing

TS should be all for getting rid of government protections of business too (eg. copyrights, trademarks, patents). Those things are enforced with other peoples' money. :(

Property title.

Basically The entire country wants a universal style HC system. People don’t want to hear it anymore

No Ultimate corporate control of every inch of life is . Healthcare for everyone would probably only help and make people feel a bit less enslaved by their employers. Being a wage slave isnt a very free feeling regardless of what libertarians say .

Better to be a slave to welfare and not have a purpose in life?

I have, and I still will not support him because its a Hitler/Stalin choice since it would be a corporatocracy with a free reign.
I am not suggesting that. It's like everyone is petrified to actually respond to what the man said.

This thread is not about all these things people hate about Paul or libertarians, it's about looking at the obvious and not being fearful to deal directly with such a threat to freedom on the line.

Better to be a slave to welfare and not have a purpose in life?

No its best not to take an inflexible position on anything as things change so often and so fast.

I do think healthcare and just getting a check are 2 different things but i also see a future where universal basic income is likely to become necessary to prevent great political unrest

I tend to take more or a pragmatic than dogmatic view on problem solving

I am not suggesting that. It's like everyone is petrified to actually respond to what the man said.

This thread is not about all these things people hate about Paul or libertarians, it's about looking at the obvious and not being fearful to deal directly with such a threat to freedom on the line.

I said I WOULD SUPPORT HIM if he wasnt a John Birch Libertarian didnt I?!? Now who is being afraid to deal with threats to freedom? Trading one threat for another is not an improvement...just a "change" in threats and technically a worse one because once blocks are removed from those corrupting the current set of jackasses in office, its over. Power untrained is hard to stop.

What threat to freedom? A proposed new tax bracket? He was just rambling like an idiot, and as usual offering no solution to real problems like the American health care racket.

I would take a quick death from gassing over a long, drawn out death from enforced starvation. It's not even close, dude.

You are free to end your own life if you so choose...you do not get to choose for me because I am not so stupid as to think that Hitler or Stalin are the only two possible choices.

How about we choose neither instead... {<BJPeen}

Theft at gun point !!!! Authoritarianism rah rah rah

Well I'm not saying that I disagree with taxation or don't see the neccesity in it , but it is " Theft at gunpoint " . It might be soft and you might get a few letters and and a summons or 3 along the way , but try resisting or ignoring the states demands for your tax dollars long enough and see what happens . It will most definitely be settled by the state at the point of a gun.

I love Dr. Paul and he is probably one of two politicians that I would have ever supported (along with Maxine Bernier).

Hey, any physician whose words about medical care can inspire a large crowd of people to chant "Let them die! Let them die!" is OK in my book.

Anyone that is against 'something for nothing' and not completely in favor of a 100% inheritance tax is a hypocrite of the highest order.

I am OK with playing the 'You don't get something for nothing' game........if everyone plays.

That would mean every company that produces anything must capture and store 100% of the emissions and waste resulting from said production. Why should they get to pollute our air and our water to make a profit on their shit. That is getting something for nothing.

Ron Paul wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act, legalize heroin, and get rid of pre-existing condition protections for healthcare. Does anyone seriously think those are good ideas?

Well I'm not saying that I disagree with taxation or don't see the neccesity in it , but it is " Theft at gunpoint " . It might be soft and you might get a few letters and and a summons or 3 along the way , but try resisting or ignoring the states demands for your tax dollars long enough and see what happens . It will most definitely be settled by the state at the point of a gun.

I just dont think about it that way at all

Its more like being part of the most elite country club on earth and you gotta pay your dues if you want it to stay fly

There becomes a level where that theoretical could be true. But you understand that the entire system we have which allows you to lawfully own money or retain possessions is established by the government right?

There are police who ensure that a group of armed thugs don't just walk up to your house and take it for themselves. There are roads so you can get to work and make money. There is an army and trade agreements to ensure that the company who pays you can safely do business overseas with an agreement with other nations that safeguards them.

I just dont think about it that way at all

Its more like being part of the most elite country club on earth and you gotta pay your dues if you want it to stay fly

I don't know of any country club that will send a goon squad to your house at 3 A.M to shoot you and your dog in the face if you refuse to pay your dues. Youd have a point if being dumped over the border was the penalty for tax evasion . It's the transfer of money from one party to the next administered with the implication of force.

There becomes a level where that theoretical could be true. But you understand that the entire system we have which allows you to lawfully own money or retain possessions is established by the government right?

There are police who ensure that a group of armed thugs don't just walk up to your house and take it for themselves. There are roads so you can get to work and make money. There is an army and trade agreements to ensure that the company who pays you can safely do business overseas with an agreement with other nations that safeguards them.

Oh I understand , that's why I qualified my first post. Fact remains that outside of the mythical " social contract " that ive never seen nor signed , its not consensual and it's administered by force......or the threat of anyway

Hey, any physician whose words about medical care can inspire a large crowd of people to chant "Let them die! Let them die!" is OK in my book.
Hacky response from a hacky poster. Seems about right.

Should the government come into your home and make sure you are eating/drinking? Starvation is really bad, therefore it should be the govenrnment's responsibility to make sure you put food and water into your body. Otherwise, people might die from not eating and drinking, right?

Back