Romulo Barral wants to fight in the UFC!

Victa***

iCare
Reaction score
Thoughts?

I know there is one, maybe two people who train with him. Does he train MMA, or what?

Dude is a jiu jitsu beast, and a physical specimen. That being said, I feel..that maybe he is still really new to MMA (having one fight in 2004 and one last year) and needs more fights before he reaches the UFC. Maybe even venturing in through TUF???

Just ask Romulo yourself on twitter or facebook. Hes online a lot while he is recovering from surgery.

Thoughts?

I know there is one, maybe two people who train with him. Does he train MMA, or what?

Is there an article or interview? Would like to read or watch it if you have a link.

Found one. Romulo just posted this link on his Facebook.

Graciemag International In recovery, Barral sets goals: Worlds absolute and UFC

While he recovers from the latest operation on his knee, Romulo Barral amuses himself on the internet.

The Gracie Barra ace was injured in his loss to Tarsis Humphreys in the medium heavyweight division at the last World Championship, and he promises to return to Jiu-Jitsu training in two month’s time. Between weight-lifting sessions, @romulobarral surfs the internet, holds polls and offers predictions over Twitter, and watches UFC videos.

In one of these posts, the current world absolute runner-up revealed his plans for his career: to become absolute world champion and a UFC fighter.

Romulo was runner-up on three occasions (2007, 2009 and 2010) and won the absolute division at the 2007 Pan. In MMA he holds a record of two wins by rear-naked choke.

A teacher in Los Angeles, Barral made the most of his time on ice to send a message via Twitter directly to UFC top brass @danawhite: “I want to fight in the UFC someday, I want it more and more with every event.”

If you aren’t on Twitter, get on twitter.com, participate and find out all the goings-on in the lives and careers of the biggest Jiu-Jitsu and MMA stars around. Everybody’s on there.

I think he's fought a couple of local MMA fights, but if he wants in the UFC he'll have to sting together a few victories. He's a great athlete and competitor, but I know he's had knee problems for a while and I wonder if that will limit him in MMA.

Yea he has a solid chin , and sick stand up "slick stand up" . And good speed and footwork.

Can you take a punch? Just wondering.

yes, i can. but I am not going to the ufc any time soon.

now, just as unrelated to romulo fighting mma, can you take a punch?

Fuck it why not? His first MMA fight was solid.

They bring in guys on TUF that have 0 fights, why not bring in a guy with couple?

If he turns out to be as good as Jacare or Maia, they win.

I say do it. Also, get Jacare's ass over there after he wins this middleweight tournament in Strikeforce.

Romulo shouldn't have to go on TUF to get in the UFC. I think the UFC would sign him after he wins a couple more fights in smaller FC's.

Going on TUF doesn't seem like that bad of a gig. You get major exposure and a nice contract. You also get to fight guys who are considered on the bubble.

Just have to swallow a little pride I guess.

Going on TUF doesn't seem like that bad of a gig. You get major exposure and a nice contract. You also get to fight guys who are considered on the bubble.

Just have to swallow a little pride I guess.

Swallow a little pride... and also swallow the pubes in your sandwich and jizz in your sushi that the other fighters put in there as a "prank."

Wait and see guys, im gonna bump this thread in a couple years when hes at the top in the ufc, his standup is really good, we might have videos up in the next couple months of it, guarantee hes gonna make alot of noise in mma

My documentary got put on hold for a few reasons, but should be out early Spring 2011 when I return home from Brazil. Romulo

Swallow a little pride... and also swallow the pubes in your sandwich and jizz in your sushi that the other fighters put in there as a "prank."

Yeah thats just awful. I would stab someone over shit like that.

reminds me of...

Back