Romulo Barral vs. Demian Maia, Video

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone tell me what Choke that is that Romulo Barral is using?

His hands appear to only be on one side of Maia's neck, which ruled out a lot of what I thought. Thanks bros.

Awesome transition to whatever choke it is.

Looks like a Cross lapel choke. He had his right hand inside Demian's collar, then grabbed the fabric on the shoulder of D's gi with his left hand and choked him out.

Pretty slick :)

Was mistaken. Take it back. ^_^

Last edited:
more like this one

romulo was looking for the knee slide pass with his hand in the collar and demian looked for the underhook which set up the choke for romulo. when romulo passed with the overhook demian went to his knees romulo gripped the gi with his other hand pulled guard and put demian to sleep

Demian swims for the underhook at 0:43 and romulo knows exactly what hes going to do from there

I stand corrected. It's one of those things that I was seeing that just wasn't there. It COULD have been what I said, and it looks a lot like it, and it's what I would do in the same position, but...it's not what he does there.

Apologies. Since the first time I saw that video, I just always presumed it was that.

Learn something new every day. ^_^

Take care,

Oli

more like this one

romulo was looking for the knee slide pass with his hand in the collar and demian looked for the underhook which set up the choke for romulo. when romulo passed with the overhook demian went to his knees romulo gripped the gi with his other hand pulled guard and put demian to sleep

You're right, I didn't notice that Demian had an underhook on Romulo :)

Back