Romney must be so salty right now.

This thread is delicious and shows why Trump is winning. Any time a politician actually gives his opinion the public will argue to the death about it. Trump just says "its gonna be great, trust me, it's gonna be great."

Ron Paul should have been president you goofs, but y'all want to argue so now we got a communist who legalized propaganda against the american people and we could end up with Hillary. We will be lucky to have Trump. He might be the last great president we ever have the chance to vote for.

If he ran, he would've only split the establishment vote further which was already split 4 ways. I don't think anything would've changed the way that primary went. GOP voters went rage stupid and they should be the ones to blame in the end, not Trump or a lack of choices this year.

If he ran, he would have beaten Trump's fucking ass in the primaries. There would have been no vote split

Dems would still call him a racist. They already did.

It'd be even worse for Mitt...because this time..

that 47% of the country who thinks that something is owed to them has actually grown exponentially under Obama. Romney would likely be caught again on a hot mic, this time he'd be Mr. 65%.

Might as well go with Trump- why listen to the advice of liberals who took part in that line of attack on Romney the first time around.

This thread is delicious and shows why Trump is winning. Any time a politician actually gives his opinion the public will argue to the death about it. Trump just says "its gonna be great, trust me, it's gonna be great."

Ron Paul should have been president you goofs, but y'all want to argue so now we got a communist who legalized propaganda against the american people and we could end up with Hillary. We will be lucky to have Trump. He might be the last great president we ever have the chance to vote for.
lol.

If he ran, he would have beaten Trump's fucking ass in the primaries. There would have been no vote split

If you look at 2012 primary, Romney was carrying the same amount of support as the four 2016 establishment candidates combined (likely cause he was the only one on this track). Even if you assume he manages to push out Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich early on, that amount of total support still became even to a slight bit lower than the supporters of the other track of Carson, Trump, Cruz. Best case I could've seen would be kinda what happened but replace Rubio with Romney and assume he would've taken a larger chunk where Trump and Rubio competed head to head (suburbs and urban areas).

If you look at 2012 primary, Romney was carrying the same amount of support as the four 2016 establishment candidates combined (likely cause he was the only one on this track). Even if you assume he manages to push out Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich early on, that amount of total support still became even to a slight bit lower than the supporters of the other track of Carson, Trump, Cruz. Best case I could've seen would be kinda what happened but replace Rubio with Romney and assume he would've taken a larger chunk where Trump and Rubio competed head to head (suburbs and urban areas).

I don't believe those candidates would get any kind of support if Romney was running. More likely if Romney was running, his intentions would have been known early and the republicans wouldn't have had 17 candidates or whatever.

The GOP was just throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck and the biggest pile of shit managed to hang on.

You're assuming everything would have played out exactly the same if Romney was in the race. It wouldn't have at all then. It would have started out completely different.

Last edited:
I don't believe those candidates would get any kind of support if Romney was running. More likely if Romney was running, his intentions would have been known early and the republicans wouldn't have had 17 candidates or whatever.

The GOP was just throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck and the biggest pile of shit managed to hang on.

You're assuming everything would have played out exactly the same if Romney was in the race. It wouldn't have at all then. It would have started out completely different.

I can say a lot of candidates were setting up their runs even when Romney was considering a bid. Jeb was already sitting on a shitload on money by the time he decided not to. It possible the field may not have been 17 but I think the majority of them (at least the main stage, relevant ones) would've still ran. The reason I replaced Romney with Rubio in my scenario was because I think Rubio may have been the most likely of the four establishment guys to step back if Romney did announce a bid.

Obviously it could've gone completely different. We won't ever know. I was just trying to take some data from what we did see and apply it to the hypothetical scenario. It's just as valid as "If he ran, he would have beaten Trump's fucking ass in the primaries. There would have been no vote split". Very subjective and unable to prove either which way. I just believe tend to believe he doesn't win it.

He wouldn't have made it in today's primaries. Besides, who's going to vote for a watered-down version of Obama and the Dems? Moderate conservatives (read RINOs) could talk him up all day, but Mr. Binders Full of Women would still get attacked as a misogynist white male.

Ron Paul should have been president you goofs, but y'all want to argue so now we got a communist who legalized propaganda against the american people and we could end up with Hillary.

Because center-right, establishment democrat = communist.

If he ran, he would've only split the establishment vote further which was already split 4 ways. I don't think anything would've changed the way that primary went. GOP voters went rage stupid and they should be the ones to blame in the end, not Trump or a lack of choices this year.

I think the republican party and their politicians are to blame. Voters had enough of crooked, lying, fake politicians. It's nevertrumpers who are going rage stupid and trying to swing the election to Hillary. If they would have gotten on board things would have looked much different by now.

Its well known that Romney is a liberal RINO. Has the exact same voting record as Obama

rp12-v-neocons-voting-records.jpg

Romney has no voting record idiot.

He was never in congress. He served as governor of MA for 4 years.

Exact same beliefs!!
The guy is a RINO and the voter base didnt vote for him when he stood. Just another pro amnesty neo-con and a warhawk .
NO different to crap like McCain or Bush.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, sweetheart.

Speak for yourself.

Nobody was beating Trump. He kicked the ever living shit out of every traditional Republican they threw at him. People weren't voting for Trump, they were voting against the establishment. Nobody in that party was going to stop that train once it gained momentum. Nobody.

Back