News Romero Vs Adesanya for the UFC middleweight title confirmed for March at UFC 248 in Las Vegas

Who wins ?

• Total voters
People complaining about Yoels losses but all of them were close and could have easily went the other way. Let the old man get one more chance before he has to retire.

I luhh juu, see you schoon boii

IF Romero wins. What a journey for him to win the belt finally at an old age. He can retire after that.

Izzy does well against strikers, not as well against wrestlers.

Not saying yoel wins, but yoel is a monster and styles make fights
When was the last time Yoel actually used his wrestling though, he doesn't have the cardio for it.

Yoel definitely avenged his Whittaker loss but the Costa decision wasn't a robbery either way. I had it for Costa but if Costa can't make UFC 248 then Yoel is a fine replacement.

Adesanya beats Yoel by late stoppage or decision. Yoel is older, has difficulty making weight, and less explosive than he was a few years ago.

Nice, going with Adesanya by TKO in later rounds, I think he will be too accurate and slick for Romero

When was the last time Yoel actually used his wrestling though, he doesn't have the cardio for it.
Its the threat of it. He does fake for tds and goes for the occasional one.

I can already see how the fight goes. Romero starts of cruising the first 3 rounds, Izzy outpointing him and winning each round comfortably. But in the 4th Romero put's his foot on the gas pedal and start to unleash on Izzy. Romero wins the fourth round and in the 5th round he knocks Izzy down with a spinning back fist, Izzy gets up but is still groggy and Romero keeps on unleashing on him and takes him down when there are 10 seconds left of the fight. Nothing really happens on the ground tho.

Izzy gets the decision and Romero fans will scream robbery. Izzy fans will say, Nah didn't you see Izzy putting on a striking clinic on Romero the first 3 rounds. Romero fans will say, that the takedown in the last 10 seconds of the fight and the knockdown is what won Romero the fight. Also that Romero won the 4th and 5th which are championship rounds. LOOK AT ADESANYAS FACE, IT'S ALL BUSTED UP. Romero looks like he hasn't even been in a fight. HE HURT ADESANYA WAY MORE THAN ADESANYA HURT HIM!!!!!

I predict these tings.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Second best fight this year after Khabib vs Tony.

Fucking lame
Dude is 1-3 in his last 4
He couldn't wait one more month for Paulo to recover? Sounds a little scared to me
giphy.gif

Who ya got champ ??
Gonna have to think about this one. I think it’s Adesanya.
He has better cardio in a five round fight. I think Yoel has fantastic striking, but plain and simple Adesanya is on another level. He’s shown he’s by far and away the best striker at MW. Yoel hasn’t been able to implement his TD’s in what feels like years, ESPECIALLY in 5 round fights. So I think it stays standing, and I genuinely just don’t see anyone touching him on the feet. He took out Whittaker, and made him look terrible. And showed he could adjust and adapt, and has a motor for 5 full rounds against kelvin. I just can’t see him losing unless Yoel lands 1 single flush shot that Israel never saw coming

good i am so happy yoel is getting the shot.

he is really 3-1 in his last 4 only losing the first whittaker fight.

romero really deserves this title shot and he will fuck izzy up.

@GoshiShun17 you wanna tango with a av/full kit bet??

@HoFF the real question is, where does this leave Jared cannonier who was previously on the co main with Whittaker who pulled out. Do they book costa and cannonier in the same night?

Sounds like izzy has been campaigning for this fight according to Mas so maybe let’s not shoot in our pants over Yoel jumping line.

Romero 1st round KO

fkn awesome fight

Sounds like izzy has been campaigning for this fight according to Mas so maybe let’s not shoot in our pants over Yoel jumping line.
He wants to be that dude at 185, you need to fight/beat Romero on the way there at this moment.

this has the potential to rival Izzy/Gastelum

Back