Romero, Jacare or Rockhold will never fight for the title

Rockhold's at 205 now probably gets a title shot at some point. Jacare just needs to hold on a little longer and get one more win, he's next after Israel v Whitaker. He's also only 39 still has a window. Romero I agree it's over. With Romero what's frustrating is he got his shot twice and in the opinion of many actually succeeded and has no belt. MMA fighters last longer than other athletes, but asking someone to fight at that level until age 45 is too much. Dude's two weeks from being 42 and just had to pull out from a fight. Assuming he keeps winning he's probably not in the Octagon with Israel or Jacare until he's 43. Him getting back to the belt would be some Bernard Hopkins shit. Randy got his belt cause he was fighting Tim Sylvia, dude's age was a big part of why Brock was able to burst on to the scene.

What's sad for Jacare is Whitaker was a winnable fight for him but he's probably getting Israel instead and is probably going to get his ass kicked. Same with Gastelum, think Whitaker's ulcer cost him a belt.
I am so sad that yoel is 42 man fuck. jacare too
I really wanted to see prime jacare/romero vs Israel or gastelum. I know KG beat jacare but jacare is now probably past his prime I guess and KG will enter his prime in a couple of years. We haven't seen the best of KG yet. Same with Israel who is only 31.

But he won't, as he rarely shoots for takedowns and isn't very good at them even when he does.

Plus he has a glass chin and Israel has a great guard, so he could probably KO him stiff with an elbow from guard.
How can you say he has a great guard just because he attempted a triangle on kelvin doesn’t mean he has the guard to deal with Rockhold

I am so sad that yoel is 42 man fuck. jacare too
I really wanted to see prime jacare/romero vs Israel or gastelum. I know KG beat jacare but jacare is now probably past his prime I guess and KG will enter his prime in a couple of years. We haven't seen the best of KG yet. Same with Israel who is only 31.

I honestly started off thinking neither deserved a title shot and that Strikeforce was inferior. I regret that now and feel badly how they were treated. I do think Romero is much better than Jacare and would have dominated their fight. No shame in losing to Gastelum think what the dude's doing at 185 is incredible given his size(people who think Weidman sucks ignore that Weidman finished him). Think with another inch or two height and reach he'd be able to compete with Israel but at this division he'll always be at a cardio disadvantage. Jacare's still got time 39 is not the end and he has been gifted maybe the easiest title eliminator ever. He'll get his shot.

Israel I think is going to dominate based on his size and because I think the division is weaker now but I don't think he's as good as the hype. If someone similar size and more skill comes along think they will beat him. Think we might end up stuck in an inferior version of the AS era.

He looked lost underneath Vettori. Marvin couldn't convert his positional advantage into anything concrete besides control but definitely there's very little indication that Adesanya would survive on the ground with a Rockhold or Jacare.

What’s funny? Have you seen Luke’s top game? It’s not even a knock against Israel to say he would be screwed if Luke got on top of him. It’s just that Luke is that good there. Who has survived his ground assault? No one I can remember

Rumble got dropped by pre-TRT Vitor and forced to panic wrestle despite coming in 15lbs overweight and having a comical size advantage. Rumble also has a shaky chin, judging from when DC rocked him badly in their second fight.

Gtfo
Victor was on TRT then...look into it.

Back