Jacare
Weidman
Whittaker
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
And then Adesanya..
If he loses, maybe Cannonier or Till..

When you look at his accomplishments, it's not like he did not deserve his spot. All of his losses were close and he's a nightmare of a fight for anyone in the division.

I know another title shot is not exactly the best option right now but hey, let the old man get his final moment before the young wolves take the division over.

I think it's a fan favorite match up. Adesanya and costa will fight one day anyway so let's get ready to rumblllllllle

Getting a title shot coming off of two losses doesn't look good. But his body is great, and he hasn't ever been dominated, so there's that.

He's never got DOMINATED in any of his losses in the UFC.

It's easier to accept him getting a title shot (only reason is because Costa is injured) looking at the fights.

He needs to retire

Can't justify anyone getting a title shot after 2 consecutive losses, no matter who it is

Getting a title shot coming off of two losses doesn't look good. But his body is great, and he hasn't ever been dominated, so there's that.
True but with Costa out who has more of a case for it?

Plus Israel himself asked for the fight thinking it's the toughest test for him in the division and biggest statement he could make with a win. Based on that it's pretty hard to dispute the legitimacy of the fight.

Honestly I can’t justify it’s validity..but I can rationalize it :p ...because I want to see that fight before he retires or starts to look obviously old.

Honestly has a good claim for being the combat athlete GOAT.

Jesus is definitely with that guy

Is giving the title shot wrong? Yes. Is Cannonier fucked? Yes. Is it fair? No. Would I absolutely love watching Adensaya vs. Romero? Hell yes.

Yoel is a beast despite his age, which makes his success even greater.

People say Weidman has an impressive schedule, but thing is that he got obliterated more than half the time.

Yoel on the other hand looks like a monster even in his loses.

And there's no one else to step in. I guess you could say Cannonier now that Whittaker is out but they already had this fight in motion. Also Romero's resume is much better IMO. Unfortunately for Cannonier I think beating Whittaker would put him over the edge for a title shot. Maybe they can book him an Costa although I feel Costa has done enough.

Romero's schedule since 2013
Kennedy
Machida
Jacare
Weidman
Whittaker
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
And then Adesanya..
When you look at his accomplishments, it's not like he did not deserve his spot. All of his losses were close and he's a nightmare of a fight for anyone in the division.
I know another title shot is not exactly the best option right now but hey, let the old man get his final moment before the young wolves take the division over.
I think it's a fan favorite match up. Adesanya and costa will fight one day anyway so let's get ready to rumblllllllle

We will all miss him when he's gone. Rare breed

Hope he nukes Israel and gets erased by Costa in his first title defence.

Kennedy
Machida
Jacare
Weidman
Whittaker
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
And then Adesanya..

tenor.gif

Romero fans are a funny bunch! They bitch that old man hendo got one final shot against bisping and oh it’s not fair to Romero.....now they say give old man Romero one last shot.

And the argument that his losses could have went the other way is laughable. They didn’t. You could argue that for anybody if you try hard enough. So and so could have won, if they didn’t get knocked out. So and so could have won, if they just didn’t sleep when in a choke.

Before long they’re gonna be saying give Romero a shot, his foot was a balloon!

I see...

*ding*

Kennedy
Machida
Jacare
Weidman
Whittaker
Rockhold
Whittaker
Costa
And then Adesanya..

After clearly losing twice to whittaker who's a pumped up ww. I dont think so.

I’m not saying he’s the MW mma GOAT. Learn to read kid.

When you consider his wrestling career, he has a very good case for being the combat athlete GOAT.

Back