Romero had NOTHING for Costa during their fight

You are correct. Romero won the fight, and got no win and therefore had nothing.

This fight became the moment I realised Romero fans are deluded. The nick Diaz of fans. Always won even when they clearly didn't. I thought the first few times I was being bias for my boy Whittaker, but in the costa fight it was even clearer who won.When I seen people calling robbery, I thought it was a joke.

Romero gets outworked. He has amazing moments of violence, but nothing in between. Sure he rocked Robby in the rematch, but that was after two rounds of using his head as a punching bag and throwing no offence.

Usually when you say X fighter had nothing during the fight it means he was getting picked apart and it wasn't competitive. Romero vs Costa was a close fight. Both guys had there moments. Hell by the end Costa's face was busted up.

My only disappointment with Yoel during that fight was with his gas tank and his inability to keep the fight on the ground.

Costa left in a wheelchair and is out injured.

Sounds like Yoel had more for him than vice versa.

It was a close fight but Costa definitely won the first 2 rounds. Romero fans are delusional, he's still undefeated in their eyes.

I gave it to Costa too, barely.
Romero did well considering how Costa has been going through everyone so far.
I remember Romero blocking/slipping most of the punches but not firing back that often so I gave it to Costa due to missed/blocked punches > no punches thrown

Anyway - Romero is rightfully getting the shot due to Costa's injury and I'm very excited for the matchup and not excited for the weigh in drama that will surely come

It was a close fight but Costa definitely won the first 2 rounds. Romero fans are delusional, he's still undefeated in their eyes.

Romero had some very close decisions:
Jacare(he won but I thought it was a 28-28 draw or a 29-28 loss)
Whittaker 2(he lost but I thought he won 47-46, winning 10-8 twice. At least a draw, no way you don't score at least one 10-8)
Costa. I scored it 29-28 for Costa.
His only clear loss was Whittaker 1 at 48-47, not a blowout by any means.

So Romero getting title shots like this is the correct call in my opinion considering Jacare, Whittaker and Costa - the only guys who can claim to have won against him - are unable to get a shot for various reasons.

Romero is very similar to Ortega in a way: they have a huge number of wins where they weren't really winning the fight before they suddenly finished their opponent

Well, he was still standing at the end, thats's something that never happened before.

Not a Romero fan, but he is Cuban. You all really think he is 43. In Cuban that is 57-60. Hespect

I am a big Romero fan, because i like the fact that he's unpredictable, explosive, and so vicious at the same time. He's like a Kratos from God of War, coming down to earth to baptise some dudes. He always seems to find a solution, whether it's from a flying knee or from more questionable antics. He will use every option he has to his advantage.

For the Costa fight, he chose to rope a dope, waiting for oportunities in Costa's game that did not seem to come. Knowing that the brazilian was going to advance most of the fight, Romero and his team decided not to confront him and to let him tire himself out.

It worked, as Costa significantly slowed down in the second part of the second round, and in the third round. But did Romero take advantage of it ? Barely... He had this late takedown in the second round and got the edge in the last (not by a far margin though)

Other than that, he was being out powered most of the fight. He was rolling with Costa's punches but got hit a lot, and gassed early. Costa was never in any kind of danger in this fight, and faded more because he did most of the work than because of Romero's activity.

To sum up, Romero fought in survival mode, did not find any openings, and i don't understand how so many people scored it as a split decision or (for some) a draw.
Yeah i tend to agree -- It was a competitive fight, but it seemed a bit bizarre. Romero just kept sticking his tongue out, but I felt he held back a little bit.

Yoel won at least round 3 and I don't consider that as having nothing. He was tagging Costa in the third round. I guess according to you Costa made himself bleed and Yoel had nothing to do with that.

paulo-costa-yoel-romero-ufc-241-16.jpg

I am a big Romero fan, because i like the fact that he's unpredictable, explosive, and so vicious at the same time. He's like a Kratos from God of War, coming down to earth to baptise some dudes. He always seems to find a solution, whether it's from a flying knee or from more questionable antics. He will use every option he has to his advantage.

For the Costa fight, he chose to rope a dope, waiting for oportunities in Costa's game that did not seem to come. Knowing that the brazilian was going to advance most of the fight, Romero and his team decided not to confront him and to let him tire himself out.

It worked, as Costa significantly slowed down in the second part of the second round, and in the third round. But did Romero take advantage of it ? Barely... He had this late takedown in the second round and got the edge in the last (not by a far margin though)

Other than that, he was being out powered most of the fight. He was rolling with Costa's punches but got hit a lot, and gassed early. Costa was never in any kind of danger in this fight, and faded more because he did most of the work than because of Romero's activity.

To sum up, Romero fought in survival mode, did not find any openings, and i don't understand how so many people scored it as a split decision or (for some) a draw.

I remember romero did catch costa and put him down for a brief second...but aside from that, he was basically just hanging on the cage, playing defense....costa was the aggressor the entire fight...he landed far more powerful strikes....romero did land some good shots, but alot of them were not full power behind them...just keeping costa off of him....I also had costa winning...I thought it was a competitive fight, but not controversial in any way. I thought costa clearly won the fight.

If it was 5 rounds he would have won

well, we don't decide fights on ifs...you could say the same thing, "if the fight was 7 rounds instead of 5, so and so would have won"....see why you can't do that?

Why do people keep using the term baptize when it comes to fighting?
It’s getting really annoying

Back